• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
what purpose do burritos serve that tacos can't?
i feel like youre just trolling
but just scratching the surface:

tacos = corn tortilla (soft and hard. even though soft is better)

burritos: flour tortilla
i wouldnt put rice & beans on a taco. thats a burrito thing

i mean this is like asking why would you eat one food when another one exists. the answer is: because they're different foods

NES

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
i feel like youre just trolling
but just scratching the surface:

tacos = corn tortilla (soft and hard. even though soft is better)

burritos: flour tortilla
i wouldnt put rice & beans on a taco. thats a burrito thing

i mean this is like asking why would you eat one food when another one exists. the answer is: because they're different foods

dude the fact that corn >>>>> flour tortillas is one of the many reasons tacos are always better than burritos

ever heard of a taco plate? you get beans and rice with your tacos. this is how beans and rice are intended to be eaten you fucking heathen.

if the protein is legit, which it should be, why the fuck would you want to cover the taste with beans and fucking rice?

burritos and tacos share the same proteins. burritos allow them to use shittier proteins because its covered by all the competing flavors in the burritos. for tacos, the protein HAS to be on point, because it is always in the forefront.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Baltimore - I'd say crabs, pit beef, lake trout and western fries. That's what I miss the most being out here on the wrong coast.

*highfive* to Taurus on our post timing.

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
A burrito is great in many ways, but I never put beans in them. A carne asada burrito with a little rice and cilantro inside, nothing but meat, rice, and herbs, is possibly my favorite thing. Burritos are great at holding things in. I find myself making less mess than I would with a taco. Tacos have the ability to be hard shell as well, which means way more mess. Out here in socal, I'm eating the best burritos I have ever had in my life. Whereas where I grew up in Florida had the best seafood tacos I've ever had. I think it comes down to location and personal preference.

NES

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
There is a lack of pics + youtube vids in this thread :(
IMG_8103.png

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas...so beef, BBQ, tex-mex, actual mexican, tacos...but a host of other foods actually.

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
Well considering Dearborn is in Michigan, you can't really find better Arab food.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
YWF91gX.jpg

The triple hummus dish - hummus, fava beans and msabbaha(basically different version of hummus) with an extra of boiled eggs.
This thing is AMAZING when eaten with a fresh pita bread, goddamn. But the downside is you can't move after and need a couple of hours to digest

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Here in Jersey we're close enough to NY that we have good pizza and bagels.
We have the honor of having pretty much great, authentic food from all over the map. NJ/NYC area eat like kings. Just gotta know what and where to look, but it's all there! I personally like straight up messy tacos with avocados galore.

Pheneatis

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa (ON)
I guess Québec makes the best cheese curds (and thus poutine).

Our maple syrup and beers are also very well-renowned :)

Oh and let's not forget Montréal's smoked meat!

SegFault

Oct 25, 2017
We have the honor of having pretty much great, authentic food from all over the map. NJ/NYC area eat like kings. Just gotta know what and where to look, but it's all there! I personally like straight up messy tacos with avocados galore.

Yep. Such a large diverse area we get the best of mostly everything

But the pork roll is the secret best thing

NES

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I guess Québec makes the best cheese curds (and thus poutine).

Our maple syrup and beers are also very well-renowned :)

Oh and let's not forget Montréal's smoked meat!
I've only heard amazing things about the Quebec food scene. I plan on making a trip to Quebec for the food alone next year.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Anyway, If you want to eat pambazos, you go to Mexico City <3

Pambazos-900x570-sRGB-900x570.jpg

Last edited:

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
There's a killer bbq place (Black Bear BBQ) about 5 mins from my place in Sydney, Aus:
BBQ_1.jpg

BBQ.png

Also the best burgers I've ever had come out of Mister Gee food truck (also Sydney):
Mister_Gee_2.jpg

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you ever visit Portland OR, get some local beer. Aside from Voodoo Donuts and the amazing food trucks, Portland has some amazing pho and ramen restaurants.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin has the best fried cheese curds without question. We also have the best brandy old fashioneds, but that's mostly because no other state regularly drinks them :p

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Got a wide variety in Mississippi. We got soul food a plenty: corn bread, collared greens, Mac and cheese, biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, shrimp/crawfish/other Po-boys, fried catfish, pecan pies, a bit of barbecue, whatever we hunt (deer) and the works.

Currygan

Oct 25, 2017
scotchtails-borough-market-min-510x510.jpg

Scotch egg, man. The best. No, it's not goddamned Scottish

annnnnnd bangers and mash, i would say. It might not be strictly London area, though

Street-Food---Bangers-And-Mash-01.jpg

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Texas chiming in and wondering how the hell The Bay ended up with burritos.

Texas is great for BBQ, burgers, texmex and chili.

Chozoman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Originally from New York = Pizza, Bagels, Italian
Moved to Vegas = Buffets, Mexican
Now in Pittsburgh = Pierogies, Sandwiches with french fries on them... :|

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo has just about everything but not many defining features. I guess the most famous "Tokyo specialties" would be
Tsukishima Monja:
971pYr4.jpg

Tokyo Banana:
J8qYV09.png

and Kaminari Okoshi:
d8z0d4r.jpg

But even though it's not unique to this city, everyone knows the real unofficial food of Tokyo is ramen:
Iu2gCvl.jpg