• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Obviously not, but when you know 100% fact that this ONE person is behind awful acts, you mean to tell me you can't turn it down? Comparing food and transportation to music as well. Good lord.

I get it, it is nuts. But when you spent the early part of your life hearing about how great this dude was and listening to nothing but his albums and viewing people literally passing out at his concerts, it's hard to just turn it down. I'm not saying I'm in the right either, obviously, it's tone deaf to still enjoy his music but I won't lie to myself and say that I'm going to abandon MJ's music bc I know it's untrue. Dude was like a hero to me and it's hard for me to accept the fact that Wacko Jacko was indeed a fucking disgusting wacko.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since the Holocaust came to light after Hitler died, I feel it to be unfair to pin it on a dead man who can't defend himself. So I'll keep wearing my replica SS Uniform thank you very much.

Yes, I just Godwin'd MJ.

I mean, if we're being honest...Himmler is there too.

Deleted member 6562

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lived in Simi when this happened and a friend worked at the gift store. It was a very big deal. He was hugely popular at the time. They came in and bought some 7up Dots, which were also popular. He was said to be shopping for a ring for Sheryl Crow. The Zales was next door to the gift shop, it's a strip mall that they were at.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
"I'm just asking questions!"
"I need definitive proof!"
"I just can't get behind it!"

Jesus do y'all subscribe to the same newsletter or something?

Yes, there's a reason these assholes all sound the same with the same language and talking points - they have an actual playbook for this bullshit.

The only thing you can really do against the playbook is to not play and tell them you're not having any of their nonsense.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To recap for people:

James Safechuck says, in the documentary, that He and Michael Jackson would go to ring shops with MJ in disguise, and say they were buying rings for someone else, then go home and have mock weddings before MJ would sexually molest him. Then he shows the rings on camera. Then footage of this exact situation surfaces. literal video evidence.

"But what if it's all a lie to make MJ look bad?"

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Just fucking floored someone can watch James tell his account in the documentary and interview, and then go on to suggest he could have staged it all and bought the rings that he shows during one of the most harrowing moments of the documentary. In a thread with CCTV footage of Michael buying rings with an unrelated boy.

Just trash, fucking trash.

The potential explanations that leave Michael Jackson innocent do get more ridiculous. Do I believe that Safechuck is one of the great actors of our era, and would take the risk of purchasing a ring that could be dated in an investigation - or do I believe that Michael Jackson's inappropriate relationship with children was even more extreme behind locked doors. Hmm.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i had no idea what this was and looked it up

giphy.gif

that's been around for a long time. South Park even made fun of them

Nov 7, 2017
I love how the MJ supporters think that this is some grand conspiracy on the part of these guys, their families, Oprah, the director, HBO and everyone involved. Just accept it - like Oprrah said it's possible for Michael Jackson to be a caring, generous, loving person but also be a pedophile who ruined lives and preyed on innocent children. The conspiracy theories you are coming up with are embarrassing, get a grip and some perspective. It's common knowledge he slept with little boys in his bed for decades, and took them on tour as companions (read: lovers). There's no excusing his behaviour, ESPECIALLY after Robson and Safechuck's stories coming out.

I'm actually genuinely shocked someone could watch the doco (most probably haven't) or the interview and see James' body language and demeanour, and the reaction of his family and wife and not think he is telling the truth. You actually think he went and bought rings after the fact to concoct this ridiculous story, despite literal video evidence of them going shopping together?

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, maybe I phrased it incorrectly. I meant it was possible Safechuck bought the rings he showed off in the documentary sometime when he was an adult and the reason he did so is that he knew as a child he was with Michael when he went ring shopping so it would corroborate what he was saying. Not saying it's likely at all just it's those doubts that make me struggle to believe it as 100% fact. Unless you're going on about something else?
One of his rings had MJ's inscription on it.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine defending this guy still.

Imagine knowing, like, a bus driver or a grocery store clerk did all the same things, and still trying to pull the "but we don't know FOR SURE" routine. If a normal non-celebrity had even half this level of shit come out about him, the thread about it would be ten pages of pure condemnation.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With every thing new (or not that new) that comes out, the more I can't decide if the FBI and the courts were either hilariously incompetent or hilariously corrupt.

the FBI didn't investigate him for 12 years. It's a lie that MJ defenders frequently bring up, a claim that is specious. The FBI investigated MJ for 12 years, in the same way that if you got drive through McDonalds twice in a 10 year period, once in 2009 once again in 2019, that you could claim you'd "been eating at McDonalds for 10 years."

The FBI never launched a proper investigation into MJ. Rather, the Santa Barbra Police Department would occasionally ask them to perform services that only a federal agency can, like check to see if a restraining order was filed on someone or not. In other words, they worked fact verification for the police, in 2 specific years, not actually investigated themselves. They weren't building evidence for a purpose, there was no investigation. Which is why they can point out a 600-page """report""" but when you read it, it's just a bunch of random search print outs.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The most recent Last Podcast on the Left episode of Side Stories also made it even more obvious that he's guilty. Marcus read some of the arguments MJ defenders make and debunked it easily, e.g. the FBI not filing charges. Yeah, they didn't file charges but they found VHS tapes with labels such as "Michael's Neverland Favorites: All Boys, Vol. 1."

Yeah its worth a listen for anyone interested.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
the FBI didn't investigate him for 12 years. It's a lie that MJ defenders frequently bring up, a claim that is specious. The FBI investigated MJ for 12 years, in the same way that if you got drive through McDonalds twice in a 10 year period, once in 2009 once again in 2019, that you could claim you'd "been eating at McDonalds for 10 years."

The FBI never launched a proper investigation into MJ. Rather, the Santa Barbra Police Department would occasionally ask them to perform services that only a federal agency can, like check to see if a restraining order was filed on someone or not. In other words, they worked fact verification for the police, in 2 specific years, not actually investigated themselves. They weren't building evidence for a purpose, there was no investigation. Which is why they can point out a 600-page """report""" but when you read it, it's just a bunch of random search print outs.
Thanks for clearing that up. Next time someone genuinely says "The FBI investigated and didn't find anything" I'll remember this post.

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine knowing, like, a bus driver or a grocery store clerk did all the same things, and still trying to pull the "but we don't know FOR SURE" routine. If a normal non-celebrity had even half this level of shit come out about him, the thread about it would be ten pages of pure condemnation.
It's absurd the lengths people will go to defend him. Like... the guy slept with LITTLE BOYS IN HIS BED for years.

He admitted it himself. He sent love faxes, videos and phone messages to these boys, these are also shown in the documentary. He never had female lovers or relationships. He never had little girls in his bed or as tour companions, and there's a boatload of accusations against him for decades. PEOPLE DON'T GET ACCUSED OF BEING PEDOPHILES without their behaviour suggesting it. It just doesn't happen. The fact he kept on with this behaviour after the first trial instead of just noping out of there just shows it was a compulsion he couldn't control.

I mean, here we have footage of him ring shopping at a jewellers in a ridiculous disguise with a little boy who has accused him of sexually abusing him for years and people are still making out it's some innocent shopping trip and the boy is lying. WTF.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is mostly condemning him though. People just get upset when someone wants clarification or more evidence of something. That doesn't mean you're picking a side, it just means you want to know what you're talking about and not spread misinformation.

I think the VAST majority of us agree that MJ had inappropriate relationships with little kids, but it doesn't hurt to confirm the information even when it supports your conclusion.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is mostly condemning him though. People just get upset when someone wants clarification or more evidence of something. That doesn't mean you're picking a side, it just means you want to know what you're talking about and not spread misinformation.

I think the VAST majority of us agree that MJ had inappropriate relationships with little kids, but it doesn't hurt to confirm the information even when it supports your conclusion.
Theres still a good majority of members on this board including prominent ones that still defend Michael Jackson they're just too scared to enter threads like this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Whatever defenders he has left should not be allowed to post here.

So basically, these threads are for the sole purpose of pages of posters saying the same thing and any anyone who even remotely dsagrees should be banned?

There are certainly people arguing in bad faith but what you're saying is a bit much. You're basically saying this thread should be bait to ban people who disagree with you.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for clearing that up. Next time someone genuinely says "The FBI investigated and didn't find anything" I'll remember this post.

Also remember that being found "not guilty" is not the same as being found innocent. The documentary interviews a few jurors from the 2005 trial. One of them is an awful old white woman who says that once the prosecutor snapped her fingers at the jury, she decided to "show her not to snap her fingers at me." Another one says he fully believes MJ molested children, he just had to find him not guilty by the word of the law.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
So basically, these threads are for the sole purpose of pages of posters saying the same thing any anyone who even remotely dsagrees should be banned?

There are certainly people arguing in bad faith but what you're saying is a bit much. You're basically saying this thread should be bait to ban people who disagree with you.
I mean there are definitely more insightful things to do than defending a pedophile. It isnt my place to say who should be banned or not but looking at it from a more simple perspective its just... why?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
So basically, these threads are for the sole purpose of pages of posters saying the same thing any anyone who even remotely dsagrees should be banned?

The evidence is irrefutable at this point. If you're saying MJ didn't do anything to these kids, you're defending pedophilia and ignoring the truth staring right in front of you. And during the THQ Nordic debacle bans were handed out for trying to make excuses for 8chan, which IMO isn't even on the same level as slamming Safechuck and Robson as liars.

I'm not backseat moderating, I'm just saying that given ERA's values I don't see what place MJ defenders have here. If me saying that isn't allowed, I'll edit my post.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Theres still a good majority of members on this board including prominent ones that still defend Michael Jackson they're just too scared to enter threads like this.
The majority of the board? I'd find that really hard to believe. It's almost impossible to say he didn't have inappropriate relationships with children. I know some people will say that but I doubt it's close to a majority around here.

But if this majority includes anyone simply asking a question than maybe?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Also remember that being found "not guilty" is not the same as being found innocent. The documentary interviews a few jurors from the 2005 trial. One of them is an awful old white woman who says that once the prosecutor snapped her fingers at the jury, she decided to "show her not to snap her fingers at me." Another one says he fully believes MJ molested children, he just had to find him not guilty by the word of the law.
For sure. I'm taking Criminal Procedure: Adjudication in law school right now. Pretty much the first thing we learned was there's a million reasons for someone to be found guilty/not guilty that have nothing to do with guilt or innocence.