• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
CRAZY money for Maguire, if true. Further proof of transfer fees for English players being extremely inflated.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't rate Maguire at all so I think it's insanity. Yes he will be their best CB, that's true. But still I think they should be able to get a better CB from that amount.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
As much as I love to troll UTD, the reality is they needed a CB, and he was their best bet, so you pay what they want, it is as simple as that...they can afford it

People had the same criticism when Liverpool bought VVD...but Liverpool needed him, so they paid the price

Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
I agree with Lashley that fees are out of controlbut when de Ligt and Maguire command a similar fee it's indicative of the issues teams like United and Arsenal are facing since dropping off that little bit and trying to claw it back. Being forced to shop in a different market where the talent drops off significantly but the price points maintain or even go up is just crazy. I mean I like Maguire, but he's a bang average Premier League defender on his best day. Same goes for Zaha. Arsenal being quoted one hundred million for a player who is the walking epitome of big fish in a little pond. Paying nine figure fees for players who categorically will not take your team to the next level is bonkers.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love to troll UTD, the reality is they needed a CB, and he was their best bet, so you pay what they want, it is as simple as that...they can afford it

People had the same criticism when Liverpool bought VVD...but Liverpool needed him, so they paid the price
You'd think they'd have taken that same mentality and go for De Ligt then, if they're willing to throw their financial weight around. They need a CB true, and Maguire is an upgrade, but not even as high an upgrade than, say, Lovren - just less accident prone - and the amount being talked about selling him on for compared to the amount United are paying here smacks of blind desperation, rather than absolute determination.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Be interesting to see if his pace is an issue. Virgil is so good because that extra boost gives him a chance in many situations were lack of pace would have left him screwed.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll pay the fee for United if it means either or both of smalling and Jones get brought out the back and put down

How they have managed to stay in the United team for the past 10 years is fucking amazing and my personal inspiration that if those two twats can make it at the top level then Im gonna be dictator of Europe some day

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
15056257_1676358732694465_6844352156011958777_n.jpg

Imagine the price of these two today. Fuck i miss 90s italian football.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are talking like we don't already have plenty of evidence to show VVD is about 36 times better than Maguire.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018

Klopp knew what he wanted even if he had to wait 6 months, Man United are just panic buying.

Madrid have a debt of around €700m

That's some serious BS

Last edited:

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
?
They have a big loan at around €585m for their stadium. Paying back €30m a year. Apparently took out another loan of just under €100m for something else as well

Just have a look at their latest financial report, Floper is doing wonders. He secured a loan with a 3 year "grace period" in which RMA won't pay a dime, by the way the loan was secured with bonds worth a minimum of 525m and up to 575m.

Last year's profit in total was €31m.

You should have been there when they had to sell Seedorf to Inter because they couldn't pay the salaries...

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just have a look at their latest financial report, Floper is doing wonders. He secured a loan with a 3 year "grace period" in which RMA won't pay a dime, by the way the loan was secured with bonds worth a minimum of 525m and up to 575m.

Last year's profit in total was €31m.

You should have been there when they had to sell Seedorf to Inter because they couldn't pay the salaries...

They were also earning like a tenth of the revenue back then compared to now

They're nearing a billion a year in revenue.

That debt is basically chump change

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
People are talking like we don't already have plenty of evidence to show VVD is about 36 times better than Maguire.

Van Dijk:
- Dutch captain
- doesn't have a slab of ham for a head
- passes the ball calm as you like
- European champion

Maguire:
- causes an eclipse when he goes for a header
- has memes
- already played for a team called United so its practically fate
- won't get thrown out when we regain our independence

It's a tough one.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Can't wait for some League football to come back. The Copa America and CAN have been fun, but with no favourite for me to actually cheer for it's kinda hard to be super excited about either.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
It's a bit early but who are the favorites for champions league this coming season. My money's on Barca (regardless of valverde). Their squad atm looks so deep.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Mad that they have actually done it, if true. But we need a CB. I'm not sure what other options there are available. that come close to fitting the bill, are available and aren't already 29+

Incidentally, I had my training today for my upcoming worth this season directing EFL games. So if some of you sad cunts watch Badger Warriors or whatever, there's a chance the feed you'll be streaming online will be wholly cut together by me, including the graphics, replays etc.

You'd think they'd have taken that same mentality and go for De Ligt then, if they're willing to throw their financial weight around. They need a CB true, and Maguire is an upgrade, but not even as high an upgrade than, say, Lovren - just less accident prone - and the amount being talked about selling him on for compared to the amount United are paying here smacks of blind desperation, rather than absolute determination.
That's on the assumption that De Ligt didn't tell them to do one. As a 12 year old with the world at his feet and all the big names coming for you, do you sign for United right now? I fucking wouldn't and I'm a bloody fan!

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
That's on the assumption that De Ligt didn't tell them to do one. As a 12 year old with the world at his feet and all the big names coming for you, do you sign for United right now? I fucking wouldn't and I'm a bloody fan!
12 year old lol

PSG got trolled but Utd didn't even try. Maybe the issue is that Utd doesn't respect players who play in pub leagues.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
think City are pretty clearly/unambiguously the betting favorites with Liverpool, Juve, Madrid, Barca, Bayern in the group behind. City the best team in Europe by quite a bit atm. (yes, I know, they've underperformed in the CL in previous years.)

don't think Griezmann makes Barca dramatically better in the CL. they need youth/athleticism there.

Shav1

May 18, 2018
Only if Umtiti can stay fit the entire season as he's much better than Lenglet.
i was assuming he would be. He came backat the last part if the season and things currently sound positive fitness wise. I know this doesn't mean much but he's saying he'll be 200% for the upcoming season

Status
Not open for further replies.