• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
9Z9pCWN.png

--

CqfFJ39.png

hnK3ttp.png

kiLsX1q.png

U0nFBKA.png

HRoHJ8J.png

NV0WP7U.png

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Let's do this & ty Uzzy .

Fuck Partey

theathletic.com

Banner on tackling violence against women flown over Palace vs Arsenal

A banner calling for Arsenal to lead the way on tackling violence against women has been flown at tonight’s game against Crystal Palace. Feminist campaign group Level Up have teamed up with Arsenal fans, who have funded the protest. They want to see the club introduce a disciplinary policy for...
A banner calling for Arsenal to lead the way on tackling violence against women has been flown at tonight's game against Crystal Palace.

Feminist campaign group Level Up have teamed up with Arsenal fans, who have funded the protest. They want to see the club introduce a disciplinary policy for players accused of violence.

The banner read: "Kick rapists off the pitch."

k7lVhe7.jpg

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Let's do this & ty Uzzy .

Fuck Partey

theathletic.com

Banner on tackling violence against women flown over Palace vs Arsenal

A banner calling for Arsenal to lead the way on tackling violence against women has been flown at tonight’s game against Crystal Palace. Feminist campaign group Level Up have teamed up with Arsenal fans, who have funded the protest. They want to see the club introduce a disciplinary policy for...

k7lVhe7.jpg

"Kick rapists off the pitch" should've been the OT tile. Hope they continue with this message

EDIT: What a save from Ramsdale... but also what a waste of an opportunity for Palace. Aaaand... Xhaka being Xhaka.

Last edited:

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
The grimmer part I think is that most fans don't care/allow it (again, look at Ronaldo), which leaves clubs acting in their "best interest" and protecting these scum.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Starting this thread with a goal from Frankfurt. A little bit lucky and still 5 to go, but hey....

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Das war nix, Frankfurt.

Of course, Bayern doesn't go all-in in the second half, but Frankfurt should have started more defensively in my opinion.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
The grimmer part I think is that most fans don't care/allow it (again, look at Ronaldo), which leaves clubs acting in their "best interest" and protecting these scum.
IMO, I think they do care more often than not, which doesn't reflect well on Arsenal. Greenwood is a more relevant comparison than Ronaldo.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good first win, expected but sad that they took it to first gear in the 2nd half.
- We might be seeing Musiala's explosion season this year.
- Upamecano was one of the best players, likely due to feeling the pressure over losing the starting position.
- We're going to see Mane score a lot of goals and miss a lot of chances.
- Happy for Benji to score and get his confidence with the rumors of him being sold. Same with Sabi who played very well. Both rumored to leave and have turned it up.
- Still need to see more from Gravenberch and Tel to judge. Mazz and DL look ok but again, need to see them play a lot more. Not everyone was going to sync up immediately like Mane has.

Old_King_Coal

Nov 1, 2017
Some periods of good football there from Arsenal, but they need to be able to strangle the opposition and control the ball better than that if they want to make a serious run at top 4 this year. Palace were dictating the game for large chunks.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
All in all pretty good, looked solid, Martinelli missed one golden opportunity and they allowed CP in a few times on the second half, but hey last season we lost both of this fixture. Gabby is a significant upgrade, tenacity of Sanchez without the douchyness.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Some periods of good football there from Arsenal, but they need to be able to strangle the opposition and control the ball better than that if they want to make a serious run at top 4 this year. Palace were dictating the game for large chunks.
Not necessarily - in fact Arsenal's Achille's heel has been that they cant play without the ball. They can always let the other team pass sideways, as long as the opposition can't actually do anything.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Dua, now that Lewandowski has left Bayern, is the Bundesliga going to be competitive this year?

tumblr_94c8e18f8be276d6c06dfa8cef5c660c_8bb31c57_540.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like ESPN+ dropped Eredivisie hours ago before kickoff.

That is nuts to me but guessing they figure LaLiga/EFL/Bunda is enough

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Partey actually played today? Christ.

Starting to have a nasty feeling we'll see Greenwood play for United again now a precedent has been set.

Although we already set that precedent with Ronaldo, UGH

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Zero chance Greenwood plays for United while he's under bail conditions, absolutely zero. Leaving aside any practical concerns (like how he's not trained with the team for eight months), it'd be a PR nightmare. Partey's not been named so there's at least the illusion of nothing bad going on, whereas Greenwood obviously has been named and very publicly so. Stick him on the pitch with sponsors logos all around him, and you'll have sponsors dropping Man United during the match.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Barca signing literally every single player, not playing or paying them but just so other teams can't have them, winning the UCL for monetary bonus, releasing all the players afterwards having spent nothing 🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Damn, Partey actually played today? Christ.

Starting to have a nasty feeling we'll see Greenwood play for United again now a precedent has been set.

Although we already set that precedent with Ronaldo, UGH
I'll say this, I hope Arteta takes a stand - he had no issue sidelining Ozil and Auba - for actually not crimes, rather not being team players....he should just suspend Partey, fuck that guy. Let's see what happen though, it looks like everyone is just ignoring what happened.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say this, I hope Arteta takes a stand - he had no issue sidelining Ozil and Auba - for actually not crimes, rather not being team players....he should just suspend Partey, fuck that guy. Let's see what happen though, it looks like everyone is just ignoring what happened.

Given they have known for about a year I think it's long past the point at which anyone at the club can say they have 'taken a stand'.

Status
Not open for further replies.