Status
Not open for further replies.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Given they have known for about a year I think it's long past the point at which anyone at the club can say they have 'taken a stand'.
They did and didn't. What they knew was that a woman accused him and nothing more. The police didn't get involved in it until much later. As I recall the other woman got involved later, too.

In what world would we live, if someone can just accuse you and then you get banned or fired without questions asked? Don't get me wrong, Partey shouldn't play anymore, because now the police is involved and because of the chat pictures. In the very beginning, before the police was involved it was just her versus his words. That doesn't warrant a ban in itself, because people do lie. In general how do you know who lies, if there is no investigation yet? One person says that did happen and another says no, that didn't happen. Who speaks the truth?

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive Commentary Around Sexual Assault Allegations over Multiple Posts
Yeah sure. Just imagine you get accused of rape or murder. You would love it to get fired and abused online without them asking questions?

I actually posted a story in the old thread about a Sunil Tripathi committing suicide after reddit investigators gathered evidence to link him to the Boston bomb attacks. He was found innocent afterwards by the FBI. Profesional investigation are important and social media investigations can literally be deadly to innocent people.

Last edited:

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Less than two hours away for my Reds to start the season and I haven't been able to sleep all night lol.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I've given up trying to understand Barca and their financials. Hopefully this thing will be sorted out soon and they'll be able sign the players.
All the best to Lewandowski there. Great player who I hope will do wonders for them.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah sure. Just imagine you get accused of rape or murder. You would love it to get fired and abused online without them asking questions?

Won't somebody think of the rapists.

rape_infographic.jpg

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Won't somebody think of the rapists.

rape_infographic.jpg
I never said anything even remotely close to that. Rapist should go to prison and never leave it again. My point is that a world where someone can just accuse someone without anyone asking questions isn't a better one.

The story of Sunil Tripathi clearly proofs it's not ok to not ask questions. He killed himself, because like minded people to you though it's ok to do a wannabe investigation and abuse him online. Is that ok? He was innocent...

It's sad and depressing that many rapes either don't get reported or resolved by the police. But the solution can't be "let's just trust every person making a accusation blindly". Btw I am talking in general. I believe her.

Last edited:

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
I never said anything even remotely close to that.

Yeah, just seems like you are doing a lot of justifying and explaining for Arsenal. They have played someone they can reasonably believe is a rapist (with or without police involvement, given that the vast majority of rapes go unpunished).

Most football clubs would do the same, unfortunately. I'm not trying to turn this into some sort of tribal thing.

Believe women. Kick rapists out of football. Don't excuse the people that protect them.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'll say this, I hope Arteta takes a stand - he had no issue sidelining Ozil and Auba - for actually not crimes, rather not being team players....he should just suspend Partey, fuck that guy. Let's see what happen though, it looks like everyone is just ignoring what happened.
I hear the commentators didn't even mention it?

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, just seems like you are doing a lot of justifying and explaining for Arsenal.
If anything I am justifying why professional investigation are important. As the story you keep ignoring shows. Would be cool if you could answer the question related to that...

I only defended arsenal in the sense that at first ( ~1 year ago) it was her versus his words. Human lie and thus I get why a club would do nothing just yet. Fast forward I believe Arsenal should ban him, because there is evidence out now for example.

I hear the commentators didn't even mention it?
They are not legally allowed to mention parteys name as I understand it. But they could've been clever and be like "This is the PL start, but we also have sad news, since one PL player is accused of multiple rapes."

Last edited:

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
He still can't even legally be named, Gary Neville made a slight reference to him maybe not being available all season in the analysis afterwards
Ah I see, my bad.

I don't understand the legal going ons with this case fully. By the police tweets sent out last week it seemed it was all settled and they couldn't do a thing, despite the allegations being true.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the legal going ons with this case fully. By the police tweets sent out last week it seemed it was all settled and they couldn't do a thing, despite the allegations being true.

That was for one of the three accusations which happened outside the UK, the other two are still being investigated I believe unless there was something I missed since

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Ah I see, my bad.

All people involved in a investigation have a right for privacy in england. But the commentators could've been clever and be like "This is the PL start, but we also have sad news, since one PL player is accused of multiple rapes. The FA is doing a consent training soon" to bring attention to rape in football.

Last edited:

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Maybe it's the years of Fulhamerica/blind patriotism, but so nice to see Fulham/Craven Cottage back in the Premier League.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Hopefully Chelsea and Tottenham draw or loose, because those are arsenal direct rivals for 3rd/4th imo. I just don't see it happening and don't think today are any upset happening. Maybe tomorrow with United for example.

Southampton were so dreadful for the second half of last season and haven't really done enough in the transfer window to right that ship. For me, they're among the favorites to go down. I'd be truly shocked if Tottenham's attack shit the bed against them.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
On the replay of that offsides shot you could see basically the entire upper level is empty at CC, why? Are they protesting or something?

EDIT: Answered my own question https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60714749

Also, the announcers saying how hot it is. Looked it up and the temperature is 70F lol. Is that "hot" in London?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
They might crumble at some point but if not Fullham looking good.

e: Even better now

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Oh here we are. I just went to check the other thread and it was locked without a link lol.

Anyway, i have no clue what to expect this year. I just dont want anymore drama and have a respectable season.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Robinson has always looked vulnerable defensively for the US but his pace just causes chaos. Glad to see that's basically the same in the Prem, hopefully he can sustain this pace all season.

Klopp is going to bitch and moan about that "non-call" on Henderson if this result holds.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Damn, Partey actually played today? Christ.

Starting to have a nasty feeling we'll see Greenwood play for United again now a precedent has been set.

Although we already set that precedent with Ronaldo, UGH

As much as Arsenal are absolutely showing their true colours now, being charged and named or indeed convicted is very different.

That said anyone who think Partey should be anywhere near a pitch right now can fuck quite a lot of off.

They did and didn't. What they knew was that a woman accused him and nothing more. The police didn't get involved in it until much later. As I recall the other woman got involved later, too.

In what world would we live, if someone can just accuse you and then you get banned or fired without questions asked?

Malicious false accusations of rape are astonishingly rare. What's much more common is women being afraid to come forward thanks to the reaction they get.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
^^ I'm sure you're right but my wife's cousin was. Locked up on remand, lost his job, house and wife, then the accuser admitted they made it up. 8 years on and he's still a mess. so I'd rather keep the chat to football in here

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Watching Fulham v Liverpool on what appears to the official World Feed coverage.

At half time because they don't have ads, a documentary about Liverpool.

Excellently unbiased coverage that is.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Really poor performance so far. Not sure how a team hopes to win any game without winning 50/50s

Status
Not open for further replies.