• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Think Liverpools next manager will actually be Thomas Frank

my really really out there shout just based on lack of experience, managing at top level etc (however Xabi Alonso had none before being appointed at Leverkusen) is Torres, if not for manager then I could definitely see him coming in to manage one of the youth teams

especially with rumours that Edwards and Hughes are willing to go brave and the rumours that Torres is done with Atletico U19s after this season, they won the league yesterday
I'd be up for a bolt from the blue like Torres tbh, sick of this chasing a manager shite already. It would be equally terrifying and exciting.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
It seems that he is scheduled to land in London in a few minutes. Disappointing if true, it goes against what he said in the past weeks. I would accept him leaving us for Liverpool but not for fucking West Ham. It's an upgrade on his bank account only.
It's not impossible but I would find it very weird. Trading a Champions League team for a perhaps Conference League team is a step back even if the Premier League is better than the Primeira Liga.
Perhaps Sporting is going to gut the team this summer and Amorim doesn't want a repeat from last season.

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
Wonder if Liverpool are thinking of bringing in a stop gap for when Alonso gives the ok. Pellegrini was always in that kind of role while City waited for Pep to become available.

MadDogTannen

Feb 21, 2023
Oct 27, 2017

What a worldie. So happy to see him back on the pitch. Will no doubt take quite a while for him o get back to full match fitness but it's an excellent step forward.

I do often wonder how different our season would have been if he was fit. It's kinda known that Mikel had big plans for him but he had to hastily change his plans to accommodate for his injury and we haven't been fully streamlined as a result.

It does, I saw that on Twitter myself. It says it's at Arsenal Women's...I'm guessing that's the Borehamwood ground? As someone who knows Borehamwood very well, it feels far too classy and expensive for that place lol

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if Liverpool are thinking of bringing in a stop gap for when Alonso gives the ok. Pellegrini was always in that kind of role while City waited for Pep to become available.
Michael Edwards and FSG don't seem the type to me. They seem like the sort of people who'd rather use data to find the next super coach and take a risk than wait for a safer option (e.g. Alonso, if you could call him that). I think Arteta was a risk when Arsenal took him but that's proven to be a brilliant decision, and I'd imagine whatever* Edwards and Hughes are doing is more similar to that than the original pursuit of Guardiola.

It goes against the natural instincts of supporters who just want the safest path to success at all times. I remember fuming that we didn't sign Gotze and went for Sadie Mane instead because to me Gotze was a winner and Mane was a Southampton player and those two things were hard to reconcile in my mind. I think whatever we do in the coaching position might feel similar, if we take a De Zerbi or a Thomas Frank or a whoever the fuck from European football that's not as remotely convincing as Klopp was or half as convincing as Alonso might be on the day of announcement.

As it stands I have to trust them though because they have a good track record of proving that they know far more than we do when it comes to football. Still feels weird to be in this position though and see seemingly good options just be confirmed as not the guy, but with no indication of who the guy actually is.

*I say whatever because honestly we have no idea and they've been so careful to make sure that nothing leaks out to the media that very little would surprise me at this stage

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar

Why is everything such a rip off in this country lol even the womens football isn't safe.

I try to actively avoid stadium food. Sometimes if timings are tight I have no choice, but if it's a weekend game there's no chance. Either I just eat before and after, and time it so I don't get hungry, take some little snacks with me or get a meal deal for a couple of quid.

Wtf is £24. Even if I had a 2-3 times above average income I'd never pay that. Disgraceful.

I actually don't think it's that big a deal the United players celebrated like that. Coventry are a professional team, their players make the kind of money us normal folk can only dream of, magnitudes lower than United players yes, but still these guys are rich people, their salaries are similar to lower half PL teams.

A non-league team full of normal folk playing part-time, then sure. But it's a team that could be in PL in the years ahead.

Oct 27, 2017
Why is everything such a rip off in this country lol even the womens football isn't safe.

I try to actively avoid stadium food. Sometimes if timings are tight I have no choice, but if it's a weekend game there's no chance. Either I just eat before and after, and time it so I don't get hungry, take some little snacks with me or get a meal deal for a couple of quid.

Wtf is £24. Even if I had a 2-3 times above average income I'd never pay that. Disgraceful.
Not gonna lie, next time I watch the Arsenal Women, I'm getting myself one of those lol

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Tbf this one looked good and for a solid price.

View: https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1782007678241329388

There's definitely some absurd prices though. At least the quality has gone up markedly, with some exceptions (looking at you Man United)

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Emery has committed to Villa. Manager merry go round gonna be very interesting this summer, looks like multiple big sides will be chasing the same few targets while others may have to resist the urge to pull the trigger on their current set up due to availability of options.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It was a funny weekend for football

8nq0yk.jpg

Hopefully the game tonight isn't boring. Lot to live up to.

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely horrendous take
That clown is the worst Arsenal manager in my lifetime and I'm old enough to remember Bruce Rioch.

And he's most likely getting Villa into a Champions League spot this season. He's doing a fantastic job there.
I have to assume that if anyone but that buffoon was Villa manager, they'd be top of the league right now.

They'll still choke CL. It's what Emery does best.

Arsenal fans accusing other teams of choking?
We learnt that from Emery. We learnt from the best.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Any Feyenoord fans want to talk me down from a cliff at this Arne Slot news?

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
If Ten Hag and Dyche remains at their clubs next season. The north west is gonna be bald heaven.

maxresdefault.jpg

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool reporters (Joyce, Bascombe and Reddy) says Liverpool is looking at Arne Slot to be the new manager.

dqslime

May 5, 2023
My issue with the "Who replaces Ten Hag" talk is that it assumes the next manager can only be a long term appointment (think Klopp, Arteta, etc.). It's fine for United to choose a manager with the goal of steadying the ship for the next two or so years while INEOS sort the team and strategy out.