OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Bleh. Now we just have to see if Spurs can do anything against City.

dua-lipa-blonde-dua-lipa.gif

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Arsenal at Old Trafford just not good times, but they got the 3 points, the concern is for Saka's health now.

As long as Spurs dont lose by more than 3 goals, then Arsenal can win the league without needing to pile it on Everton, just score one more than them. Of course they'd need a West Ham draw, but any kind of City win wraps it up.

Realistically, its up Tottenham, if City beat them, game over man. West Ham is not getting a draw at the Etihad

So while it pains me to say it... COME ON YOU SPURS

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Again, they've never beaten Tottenham at that stadium in the Prem.
Well to be fair Old Trafford has been a boogey place for Arsenal as well and didn't seem to be an issue today. I think you're asking a lot from history alone to stand between Guardiola/this City team and a Premier League title. Not to mention the fact that most likely a lot of Spurs fans will be chanting City songs on the day. I do think it's more likely they drop points here rather than with West Ham at home, but Spurs have been dreadful lately as well. Of course, let's hope for some fun surprises, but at this point with 2 games left for them, I think it's done.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Again, they've never beaten Tottenham at that stadium in the Prem.
This means literally nothing in the context of the next game. Spurs are shit and have been especially so for the last month, whereas City are just putting four past everyone. I think that has more relevance than something that happened some time last season or the season before in wildly different circumstances.

The only thing to hope for is that Liverpool win tomorrow so Spurs have some vague chance of Champion's League, but I doubt that'll be enough. As I said, Spurs, shit.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If a miracle happened at Tottenham I would be worried about goal difference, City could easily put 6 or 7 past an awful West Ham and you can guarantee Arsenal would be nervy against Everton

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps not a surprise they have plans to tear Old Trafford down and build a brand new ground.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
After all the talk about Spurs having a major say in who gets the title , and then losing to all 3 contenders in a span of 4 weeks is just too Spurs like for it not to happen

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I read that spurs drew at city 3-3 with their B team this season? Is that true?

Edit: Just checked the line-ups for that match and yeah..spurs were missing 4-5 regulars in that match and city was just missing Debryne..

Man City are a different beast at this time of year compared to early on. Also that game they got robbed by the ref when in the dying seconds I think it was Haaland was clean through on goal at a counterattack and the ref blew his whistle for a foul instead of giving them the advantage.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Man City are a different beast at this time of year compared to early on. Also that game they got robbed by the ref when in the dying seconds I think it was Haaland was clean through on goal at a counterattack and the ref blew his whistle for a foul instead of giving them the advantage.
Haha ah yeah i remember that however..plenty of teams got robbed by refs this season and city were at the bottom of that list so no excuse. Most var decisions went City's way this season.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
In my mind City already have the league in the big i'd say about 75% or 80% done.

I remember people expecting City to beat tottenham at that match but it ended a draw when tottenham equalized in injury time.
Really anything can happen. But I think people are putting too much stock on prior seasons and games in a very narrow sense. History says they haven't scored at the new Spurs stadium in the league. At the same time history also says they never lost the league while being in this position since Guardiola came in. So you know, depending on which team people support and how much they really really hope City don't win the league again, I can see how some might cling more to one piece of history trivia than the other. In truth, anything can happen Tuesday, but most likely City will win because most games against them start with that premise.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Really anything can happen. But I think people are putting too much stock on prior seasons and games in a very narrow sense. History says they haven't scored at the new Spurs stadium in the league. At the same time history also says they never lost the league while being in this position since Guardiola came in. So you know, depending on which team you support and how much you really really hope City doesn't win the league again, I can see how some might cling more to one piece of history trivia than the other. In truth, anything can happen Tuesday, but most likely City will win because most games against them start with that premise.
Agreed.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
By the way, cause I've seen people keep saying this is a weak and vulnerable City team. This has been their record since the start of the year in the league: WWWWDWWWDDWWWWWWW

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
By the way, cause I've seen people keep saying this is a weak and vulnerable City team. This has been their record since the start of the year in the league: WWWWDWWWDDWWWWWWW
Their record against the top 4 has been 'not good' which means that they have not won against them.

So If city have more draws and a few more losses than past seasons then that means that they're more 'vulnerable' this season. They also conceded a lot more goals even if they won certain games in 2024.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Spurs are 4 behind Villa, and 6 above Newcastle and Chelsea. If Villa win tonight then Spurs can't get top 4, but they would only need a point to secure 5th which should be no problem against last place Sheffield on the final day. It's very unlikely they'll be motivated on Tuesday to help Arsenal.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Spurs are 4 behind Villa, and 6 above Newcastle and Chelsea. If Villa win tonight then Spurs can't get top 4, but they would only need a point to secure 5th which should be no problem against last place Sheffield on the final day. It's very unlikely they'll be motivated on Tuesday to help Arsenal.
4th place means that they get the champions league and that means a lot more money.