Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a Twitter account that quote tweeted everything that site posted and explained what was in the clickbait article so you didn't have to actually click?

Legend.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Message board over on CBR is basically Comicgate-lite so if it were to get nuked I wouldn't shed tears.

Yep, I was posting on the site of the time so I remember when it happened live. Comic creators used to post on the forum and interact with the community and at the time Felicia Henderson was the writer of Teen Titans. The comic was boring but otherwise inoffensive but she got so much venom thrown her way the administrator of the site got embarrassed and decided to nuke the forum and restart.

And like shit hasn't gotten any better. The forum is, like I said, pretty much comicgate-lite and most creators don't even bother actively posting there anymore specifically because of it.
Interesting. I guess I've been fortunate to be cloistered into a subforum that rarely interacts with the greater whole then (and has like 4 active members lol). I also wasn't there for like a decade until returning recently

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The point is that they are using AI to generate articles. We shouldn't be promoting that here, or redirecting users to give sites like that clicks.
Unfortunately, the genie is out of the bottle and every C-suite scumfuck from here to Kalamazoo is looking to use AI to cut payroll. Just the nature of capitalism, sadly.

Oct 21, 2022
The future will be bunch of AIs clickbaiting each other while humans slave away at factories and mines for measly wages while five (5) billionaires can do everything they want.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
They might have just started using AI but CBR has been a crappy clickbait site for a while now.