• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
652.jpg

my dude

At least Death Stranding has been shown off with trailers instead of just art, albeit no gameplay.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
'Coopetition' is old hat in the world of snazzy business jargon. You've just gotta synergize it into your vocabulary and adapt to disruptive language innovations, lol.

They are just trying Ideate the brand horizontally from their thought-leaders. In the coming year, they need to vertically benchmark their transformation as their competitors already recontextualized a cloud-based , bleeding-edge game-changer.
Going forward Big Data will help them push the envelope, so create sustainability and better align their strategy.

Oct 25, 2017
copy nitpicks aside, this sounds super interesting.

josh holmes' work on halo 5's multiplayer is incredible, and between that and the artwork / concept on display they definitely have my attention.

Nov 1, 2017
They're probably going to keep zeroing in on that Destiny 1 vibe and hope that the rightfully pissed Destiny community finds a home with their game instead. If the Destiny 1 pandering wasn't intentional/opportunistic then they got especially lucky that Destiny 2 is in the pits right now.

Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me a little bit of what Max Hoberman (Bungie/Certain Affinity) is going after with Last Expedition. I hope both games turn out great.

OutToLunch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Scourge is a mysterious, parasitic disease ravaging the planet, ripping apart docile wildlife and turning it into horrifying, undead monsters.

Flood never dies.

PC first is surprising. Guess don't bite off more than you can chew.

It shouldn't be surprising. There is a lower cost and you can iterate quicker and cheaper. While MS and Sony have gotten a little better with their submission progress it's still time consuming and more expensive.

Zereta

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 5 Warzone expanded into a whole game in an open world map sounds like the direction I want Battle Royale modes to go into. PvE elements mixed with a competitive game are the best. Josh Holmes also steered the direction of the amazing Halo 4 story and seems like an all around great guy.

Legit pumped for this game.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit. I was so hyped due to the environments and "third-person" shooter, but then... "co-opetition?" Tsk. Gimme a third-person shooter game set in this environment without the need to interact with any other player, be it cooperatively or competitively, instead please. I'll still keep an eye out for this, though, I suppose...
The amount of people on this forum who recoil at the slightest prospect of multiplayer is just plain silly and I'm a friendless introvert, good lord.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
A lot of people are complaining about the nature of this reveal, but I think it was a fun tease. Plus, it's a good way to garner support and grow (should they need to hire more).

Love the art teases we've seen, and the concept sounds like it could be great. New mutated Ice Age? Count me in. So some weird shit like give bears horns and or antlers to make up the difference of the old Ice Age creatures that are extinct.

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot help my self but to see Josh Holmes as one of the persons who are reponsible for current halo state. He was the creative director if I recall correctly.

Therefore, personally I have zero interest in this.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A little coopetition between gameplayers adds a new dynamic to the way we socie on the onlining-verse.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great job to those on the first page; excellent discussion... Snide comments about the Halo 5 campaign and and whining about a hybrid buzzword.

From what I was able to gleam, guy from 343i was responsible for overseeing Warzone, not the quality of the Halo 5 campaign. Also, going by what they're trying to tackle here with that SpatialOS tech, so what if they're trying to come up with a silly descriptor like "co-ompetitive" or whatever to describe a huge PvEvP server.

I hope they pull it off.

The closest thing I can think of right now is Dark Zones in the Division. But I'm not even sure of that's simultaneous PvEvP.

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not announce a game when you actually have something to show? :-/
I love the setting and idea of this world, but at this point the game I'm creating in my mind will most likely be way more interesting then whatever this turns out to be when we finally see some gameplay.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You know, I'm not against the idea of a co-op game that mixes pve and pvp ala Dark Souls but why did they have to pick the most saturated genre in the history of gaming?

The reason why games like Battleborn and Lawbringers failed because they couldn't do enough to differentiate themselves.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The amount of people on this forum who recoil at the slightest prospect of multiplayer is just plain silly and I'm a friendless introvert, good lord.
I dislike having to rely on others in order to play or progress optimally in my game as that would require coordinating with them depending on mutual free times, in addition to not being able to enjoy everything in my own pace and in whatever way I want. Sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Ugh. Please stop trying to create buzz words by mashing two words together.

It's a term that has been used by the industry for a long time. I've used it myself on internal communications this year.

It is useful as a short dense descriptor of the kind of multiplayer dynamic you might want, rather than saying "like in Gauntlet, where you fight the monsters together, but squabble over food and treasure".

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Josh's idea of what Halo should be differs from my own and I can't stand Halo 4.

All of that said, this game sounds very interesting and the concept art is great. I wish the team best of luck and look forward to seeing the game in action at some point.

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

uhh what... seems like a weird projection thing; my friends aren't online 24/7 for my convenience so i get to have fun in the games I want to play.... they're not my slaves lol