• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I JUST watched a video about Japan's last 30 years and his role in fighting deflation over there. Didn't expect to wake up this morning and find out he's dead. Crazy.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I can't understand why the security were all facing one direction. I guess complacency?

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
A man being murdered is always said to see, even if Abe had a complicated legacy. RIP.

TBH a homemade blunderbuss actually working and not backfiring is pretty amazing. Very hard to effectively account for that.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I could've sworn the news or Twitter said he just collapsed while giving a speech last night and then I wake up and find he was assassinated with a shotgun?? Insanity.

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Wow, shocking and sad. Reminds me of the Rabin assassination in Israel, these events leave deep scars in society (JFK etc.).

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I can't understand why the security were all facing one direction. I guess complacency?

I don't think the security acted promptly based on the video I saw. maybe the angles were fucked up and the security detail wasn't close enough but I didn't see a quick response enough to stop a second round being burst.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Woke up in the middle of the night and checked the news. Saw the word "assassination" used to describe the situation. This is the kind of situation that has massive ramifications.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is crazy news to see. Shocking stuff that I hope doesn't spiral into worse things do reactionary BS.

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be interesting to see if the assassin was on the authorities radar, if he was active online, that sort of thing

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woke up in the middle of the night and checked the news. Saw the word "assassination" used to describe the situation. This is the kind of situation that has massive ramifications.

In my time zone I saw the thread title with something like "critical condition" in it. I went to sleep, and now I check back and he's confirmed dead. Woah...

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Tracked this news since last night and i woke up to his passing from the magnicide attempt.

RIP

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Also, shootings are so rare I'm sure it's the last thing on a security members mind. I'm sure they are way more concerned/prepared to react to a knife attack

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Never did I ever expect to see the words "cyberpunk" and "blunderbuss" in the same sentence, or that something like that would be used to kill someone in 2022.

OP
OP
Mankoto

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit. I knew when I went to bed he had no vitals so it was safe to assume the worst, but it's still crazy news to wake up to even as the OP.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Never was a big fan of Abe, but these are still extremely shocking and unexpected events. As others have noted, the past 24 hour news cycle has been absolutely jam packed.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Can't say I'm sad to see him go, but I don't think this bodes well for the non-Japanese population, specifically those of Asian descent.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Not a man I saw eye to eye with on most things but this is a really shocking thing to see happen in modern-day Japan.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, what a bizarre situation. I'm not looking forward to seeing how this will be interpreted by many in the US as an example of how gun control apparently doesn't work
it should be the opposite imo. a military guy with a ton of knowledge managed to build a gun that can be fired once is infinitely better than a random teenager getting an ar-15 and can mow down 30 people with no training. you can never stop bad people completely but you can lower the impact.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, what a bizarre situation. I'm not looking forward to seeing how this will be interpreted by many in the US as an example of how gun control apparently doesn't work

I'm more worried about how this will spurn more people to create homemade weapons. The internet speculation on how this gun was made is gonna be insane.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I should put this here or not, but didn't find a better place.
Some of the Iranian news agencies (including famous ones like Mashregh News) are publishing Hideo Kojima pics as the terrorist now. :|

g016387_.jpg

www.mashreghnews.ir

تصویری از قاتل نخست وزیر ژاپن

تصویری از قاتل شینزو آبه نخست وزیر پیشین ژاپن را ببینید.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I knew he could not be alive with how everything was being reported yesterday. My condolences to his loved ones. I fear though that we are about to see Reiwa manifest much more concretely.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Some of the Iranian news agencies (including famous ones like Mashregh News) are publishing Hideo Kojima pics as the terrorist now. :|

g016387_.jpg

www.mashreghnews.ir

Trying to paint Kojima as a leftwing terrorist, wow.

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022

g016387_.jpg

www.mashreghnews.ir

Gotta love how irresponsible news sources can be. Kojima and Yamagami don't even look similar.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah I expected to wake up to this news after reading a few details before going to bed. That's a way to go that I wouldn't wish on virtually anybody. RIP.

Oct 29, 2017

g016387_.jpg

www.mashreghnews.ir

Wtf!? Hopefully they take this shit down asap because that's awful.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017

g016387_.jpg

www.mashreghnews.ir

I'm dying at the comments praising him for being an anti-American imperialist because of him posing with Guevara images. No words.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I suspected this might be the case the next time I saw updates on this, though it's no less surreal. Awful news, very sorry for his family.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the press conference with the authorities and they're reporting what they found in his home. Seems like he had explosives or explosive-like objects as well. Fuck knows what he was planning to do with those but it's good he'll never get to use them.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
FXJQ8P4XEAEXeXJ

French far right candidate mixed up Kojima with Abe's shooter. Replying to a left candidate "The left kills".