• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
Man I completely choked last night at #2 in solos. After I killed #3, I immediately forted to heal but noticed the circle was closing in on me so I left it, got in the circle and started to heal instead of forting up again. #1 had obviously heard the commotion and snuck over and got an easy kill. Would've been my 3rd win ugh.

Game's hella addicting.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love the ability to shoot down RPGs. That'd show them slick kids riding them rpgs that I've never and probably will never see in game lol

I like the one with the sniper more tho. Seemed way better to land a sniper shot than land 1-2 hits.

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a game with randoms. They wanted to drop in greasy grove. Went along with. 2 died almost immediately. In the meantime I've got 5 kills, completely wiping a team solo, and taking out another solo guy. The third teammate is not even close.

Anyway, long story short, where is shoulder swap... I hate being disadvantaged in a fight when I have to cross a wall to the left side.

Also, anyone want to team up on PC? Hit me up here or the discord.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a pretty bad day. For some reason when I can get on and play in the morning, I just do terrible. So that's killing my stats, otherwise I'd share them :P

My old account was pretty close to that, but not as good.

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does the beginning of each game lag? I will pick up a weapon but doesn' show in my inventory until seconds later. This is like only first game of the day seems like.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The lagging at the beginning of each match is fucked. Too many close calls / deaths from people lagging around the house, doors that are closed when they're actually opened and items not being picked up even though I'm mashing the button.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Loot Lake > Loot the chest at the campsite > IMMEDIATELY book it over the hill on the right

I get into the top 10 consistently with this strat I'm gonna get my fuckin win

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The lagging at the beginning of each match is fucked. Too many close calls / deaths from people lagging around the house, doors that are closed when they're actually opened and items not being picked up even though I'm mashing the button.
This is what I've been complaining about. I love when you're pulling the trigger and the gun won't fire because you're already dead and the server just hasn't let you know yet.

Loot Lake > Loot the chest at the campsite > IMMEDIATELY book it over the hill on the right

I get into the top 10 consistently with this strat I'm gonna get my fuckin win

You will get the win if you keep at it. It took me 100 matches to get my first one.

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Huh, I didn't know if you destroyed the middle it ruined everything above it. I knew that happens for buildings but not player made stuff.
Oh yeah. Always look for the quick kill in those situations. Hell I won my first solo match last week by destroying this intricate tower this person built from the bottom, he fell and was weak enough that 1 round from me insta killed him.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017

It's so annoying, especially as someone who lands in populated areas every time. I've even died several times from walking to the edge of my fort then falling off the edge because of lag. Desynch is a common problem for me too. I can be a well into cover but opponents shots will still connect.

Oct 25, 2017
I like to land in hot spots lately. One squad game (with randoms rip) last night I landed in greasy grove with 2 other teams. I managed to completely wipe one 4 man squad and I finished off the other. 2 of my teammates were dead (3rd was AWOL), so I didn't get much further... but having 5 kills in the first minute of the game, before the circle even spawned, was a lot of fun. Felt good to run into them, they were all armed and I just mowed them down with a tactical shotgun almost 1 by 1.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017
I like to land in hot spots lately. One squad game (with randoms rip) last night I landed in greasy grove with 2 other teams. I managed to completely wipe one 4 man squad and I finished off the other. 2 of my teammates were dead (3rd was AWOL), so I didn't get much further... but having 5 kills in the first minute of the game, before the circle even spawned, was a lot of fun. Felt good to run into them, they were all armed and I just mowed them down with a tactical shotgun almost 1 by 1.

That's the only way I have fun in BR games at this point is by getting as many kills as I can. Trying to win the easy way is too boring and unsatisfying for me.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody had this weird issue when downloading the game for PS4 it gets stuck under 4.5 gigs then just freezes? I saw a few people on reddit talking about having to keep pausing and un-pausing the download till it reaches 8gigs and it will eventually fix itself. Has to be the weirdest gaming realted thing I've experienced in a long while.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the only way I have fun in BR games at this point is by getting as many kills as I can. Trying to win the easy way is too boring and unsatisfying for me.

When playing without friends, I agree. When playing with friends, it's fun to go for the win. I think this game does a good job at squads, way better than solo, because it promotes more fighting and a little less stealth approach.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I would love for some UI opacity settings, especially for the map.

I find myself relying on the compass more than the map tbh

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Go full ridiculousness, Epic.

Tree consumables next.

Laser guns.

Roller skates for fast travel. Cmon.

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear I only get the most tryhard of fucking tryhards for the final 1v1 in this game. I watch streamers like Dakotaz and it looks like his opponents are still learning how to use a keyboard. They don't build and they just stand still. He has to toy with them. Meanwhile I get master builders with precision sniper aim from across the map every damn time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I swear I only get the most tryhard of fucking tryhards for the final 1v1 in this game. I watch streamers like Dakotaz and it looks like his opponents are still learning how to use a keyboard. They don't build and they just stand still. He has to toy with them. Meanwhile I get master builders with precision sniper aim from across the map every damn time.
Imagine how those people feel when they're against Dakotaz in the final 5.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017

I wish I had better opponents like that throughout my games so I can have more exciting fights. Many players in my games (even in top 10) out in the open still don't build cover when they get shot at so they're easy kills but kinda boring and unsatisfying encounters. One of my gripes with BR games was the luck factor of getting killed from someones you didn't see. I like the addition of building to the BR formula because it gives you a chance to defend and fight back against that.

Speaking of snipes across the map anyone know if the sniper scope only render players up to a certain distance? I remember having players really far away in my scopes that disappeared as they were running away. I assume that means there's a set number for max furthest kill.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they add a snow skin to the map over Christmas. Leaving tracks in the snow would add an interesting dynamic, especially for the final few circles.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
That was a joke. You know that, right?
Aren't you the guy who had a mini breakdown in this thread when one of your accounts got banned? And you're trying to tell me you don't take this game seriously or "try hard"?

I don't know why you are complaing about facing people who are good at the game. Surely that makes it more enjoyable and wins more satisfying.

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh? I'm not trying to start a fight with people. Just venting. Maybe "tryhard" was the wrong word. Everyone tries to win.

I don't take the game super seriously. But I do like to be able to play it. So yeah, the idea of not being able to play my favorite game bummed out me. And I'm just frustrating after a long losing streak. People always seem to be just a little bit better.

Last edited:

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
Let's not even start going down this road. There's room in here for all of us.

I can empathise with Jim2point0 or look at the stats Aesop showed off and think wow great job despite having no shame in admitting I've had no wins since I moved to PC and only two before that on PS4. Hell, I've played twenty hours of PUBG and never got higher than second. I'm happy to admit in many games I regularly couldn't hit a barn-door at 10 yards let alone a bunny-hopping pixel way over there but I'm not going to belittle a good player calling them a try-hard. Equally I like to think that if I were a good player, I wouldn't laugh at or patronise those not as good as me.

And let's be honest, a game like this is always going to struggle with skill based matchmaking so we're sometimes just going to have those matches, good and bad, regardless of our skill levels.

I know I'm a silly old hippy but maybe we should all just carry on getting along and helping one another out where we can.

Have a great weekend FortniteERA crew.

Oct 27, 2017
Bushes arent that great in the early game more of a liability it's easier to see a moving bush than a person. Late game though has helped with one of my wins where the other guy was looking right at me.

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bushes arent that great in the early game more of a liability it's easier to see a moving bush than a person. Late game though has helped with one of my wins where the other guy was looking right at me.
They're good for moving in short bursts and then stopping. So yeah, early game they're only useful if you're planning an ambush on an enemy you've spotted. The fact that all you need to do is draw your weapon to see though is kinda silly. So even though you can be spotted, you can still shoot just fine. I actually haven't seen one in a while (as a drop). So maybe my initial perception that they're very common was a bit skewed.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Trying to get that elusive solo win.. came second twice tonight, both times should have won. Keep making the wrong choice in key moments.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
They're good for moving in short bursts and then stopping. So yeah, early game they're only useful if you're planning an ambush on an enemy you've spotted. The fact that all you need to do is draw your weapon to see though is kinda silly. So even though you can be spotted, you can still shoot just fine. I actually haven't seen one in a while (as a drop). So maybe my initial perception that they're very common was a bit skewed.

They updated the rarity of the bush in a hotfix a few days ago. Probably made them very common initially so that everyone could have a chance to get to grips with them. I'm glad they've toned it down a bit

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to get that elusive solo win.. came second twice tonight, both times should have won. Keep making the wrong choice in key moments.

I think the key to success in solo 1v1 situations is to be patient and not panic react to the circle location. It's often the player who blinks first that ends up back in the lobby.

Even if the worst happens and it lands bang on your opponent's base, you've still got a minute to kill them before it closes in. Only move when you absolutely must and remember you can easily outrun the storm, building cover as you go if required.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the key to success in solo 1v1 situations is to be patient and not panic react to the circle location. It's often the player who blinks first that ends up back in the lobby.

Even if the worst happens and it lands bang on your opponent's base, you've still got a minute to kill them before it closes in. Only move when you absolutely must and remember you can easily outrun the storm, building cover as you go if required.

That is pretty good advice.

Rocky

Oct 27, 2017

I use them mainly because it looks funny running around in one (though it's annoyingly slow) but also I feel like because it hides the body it's a little eaier to miss and harder to go for precise headhsots. Naturally you'd shoot in the centre but if you're an inch away from target you wouldn't know until after you shoot. Also by using early on it I don't have to worry about another person picking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.