xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks like a cool pass, didn't play a lot last season but T-60 and Magneto with a cool setting this season might bring me back.

Is there any rumors for Mad Max content?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a cool pass, didn't play a lot last season but T-60 and Magneto with a cool setting this season might bring me back.

Is there any rumors for Mad Max content?

I think what people were mostly theorizing would be Mad Max just wound up being the general apocalyptic vehicle-heavy theme itself. So probably not a lot of room for squeezing MM in there.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
At least real Magneto isn't locked to the battle pass.

Yeah, when I saw there wasn't going to be an alternative, more comics accurate skin that was my first thought as well.

I really wish they would re-do that policy in someway. Like give people a year or two exclusivity if you got it in the battle pass, and then sell them in the shop later. BP limited skins are already an issue, but if you make FOMO a thing for super popular characters like Darth Vader and Spiderman, you're fucking yourself and not just people who couldn't play. You'd sell more Spiderman than Armored Spiderman.

I played every season since Ch1S7 and until recently the only season I missed was the last half of S2C4 and missed out on Wolverine because fuck me for having an emotional breakdown due to a possible divorce - should have been grinding.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are Max and Furiosa already in the game? Would be amazing to introduce them similarly to the Turtles during the season.

No, but this season pretty much has Dollar General Max and Furiosa in terms of some of the BP designs, which makes me think they considered it/tried and couldn't pull it off, so they just moved ahead with generic alternatives.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah, when I saw there wasn't going to be an alternative, more comics accurate skin that was my first thought as well.

I really wish they would re-do that policy in someway. Like give people a year or two exclusivity if you got it in the battle pass, and then sell them in the shop later. BP limited skins are already an issue, but if you make FOMO a thing for super popular characters like Darth Vader and Spiderman, you're fucking yourself and not just people who couldn't play. You'd sell more Spiderman than Armored Spiderman.

I played every season since Ch1S7 and until recently the only season I missed was the last half of S2C4 and missed out on Wolverine because fuck me for having an emotional breakdown due to a possible divorce - should have been grinding.
They really need to redo that policy and I imagine they know it but it would require them to go back and re-license everything that's expired with a new agreement and they figure it's not financially worth it. If they do it for the recent seasons, they have to do it for everything.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
They really need to redo that policy and I imagine they know it but it would require them to go back and re-license everything that's expired with a new agreement and they figure it's not financially worth it. If they do it for the recent seasons, they have to do it for everything.

Yeah, and me and my son have had arguments about this. His argument is that people who got those skins years ago will be upset, and my argument is that most of the people who got those skins don't even play the game anymore.

It used to be that they used battle pass characters to advertise the game. You can get action figure some and posters of characters that, if you just started the game, you would never be able to play. It made zero sense and that's why I think they did the remix style characters. I feel like this is changed a bit and in what little story they use, they put more of a focus on characters you can get more freely.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

I like what they're doing with the Festival Pass skins and wish they can extend that to the BP skins. Just make the Bonus Rewards and everything past Level 100 out of reach if they really want to preserve the exclusivity.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I like what they're doing with the Festival Pass skins and wish they can extend that to the BP skins. Just make the Bonus Rewards and everything past Level 100 out of reach if they really want to preserve the exclusivity.
I completely agree.

Like I never did the pass to get Darth Maul because I just wasn't in the mood to play , but got him later in the shop.

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
I would pay Epic good money if they brought back Meow Skulls and her whole cosmetics set as purchaseable in the store rather than her being vaulted, unless I missed some day on the store where she was available. Keeping skins exclusive to passes forever does bug me a lot.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I subbed to the FN club thing, which unlocked last season's BP, and now this season's BP. If I unsub before my next billing cycle, will I still be able to unlock Mags when he's available in about 40 days?

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
So wait, the second tab Magneto alt isn't a classic Magneto skin?
We don't know yet, but historically, if the main skin has a title, it's usually some type of variant. Like, if the second tab was indeed a normal version of him, the skin itself would have likely been just called "Magneto" instead of "Wasteland Magneto".

But we could be wrong

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This also reminds me that I need to log in to FN on my Xbox and cancel crew to re-up it on my new PC

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know yet, but historically, if the main skin has a title, it's usually some type of variant. Like, if the second tab was indeed a normal version of him, the skin itself would have likely been just called "Magneto" instead of "Wasteland Magneto".

But we could be wrong

I kinda figured it would be Wasteland Magneto as the default and the alt would be a more accurate classic skin. But I guess they could do something like his white and gold color scheme with the wasteland theme, which would be boring.

Stavo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
Yeah, and me and my son have had arguments about this. His argument is that people who got those skins years ago will be upset, and my argument is that most of the people who got those skins don't even play the game anymore.

It used to be that they used battle pass characters to advertise the game. You can get action figure some and posters of characters that, if you just started the game, you would never be able to play. It made zero sense and that's why I think they did the remix style characters. I feel like this is changed a bit and in what little story they use, they put more of a focus on characters you can get more freely.
I agree that they should bring them back in the shop. I don't think people would be upset if there was some kind of compromise, such as Epic giving them some V-Bucks as a way to compensate for the returning items.

I remember purchasing a skin in League of Legends titled Bewitching Nidalee. It was a limited time skin for... 2010 or 2011's Halloween? Eventually it came back and, if I recall correctly, they gave me my RP back and I got an exclusive border and summoner icon as well.
Championship Riven also was a very sought after limited time skin, and when Riot decided to rerelease it, OG owners got a unique variant of the skin.
Though they didn't learn their lesson and started doing limited time BS again a few years later. lol

I don't know if Epic would need to relicense those characters, but man do I wish I could own Mystique/Storm.

OP
OP
RockmanBN

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

But we could be wrong
Alt is same skin without helmet
GOU59I0WEAA8k2D.png

tjh282

May 29, 2019
Don't know what it is, but Fortnite dev team is really good at making these collab/unique weapons. Nitro Fists are super fun

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
There's also a Magneto alt that looks like this:

O0jIN4Y.png
At least with the cape it'll be the best option. Overall just a weak Magneto.

While I'm just making an assumption, it being called Wasteland Magneto and not just Magneto lends to the idea that a regular option will hit the shop. Inverse of the Spider-Man or Iron-Man skin you can get in the shop that have prefixes.

Great Martinez Jr.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
So Magneto and a Fallout skin, just after X-Men 97 and the Fallout TV show, huh? I can't deny their marketing skills at least.

I was feeling some burnt out towards the end of last season but I like the new theme and skins so I'll stick around a bit more.

As an aside, I find it interesting how they're presenting Hope as the central character of this Chapter, and not only in the trailers for each season. The last snapshot quest line from last season was kind of anticlimactic but the implications that she was the Oracle all along was interesting.

I haven't been playing Fortnite for that long and I was curious if the transitions between seasons have anything to do with the previous seasons?

Like there were a bunch of Greek gods in the game and a story about all that but now this happened and I am not sure how they bridge the narrative exactly.

OR am I reading too much into it and should just stop analyzing the how or why?

They used to hold special events towards the end of a season that marked the end of the current storyline of the season and the transition towards the theme and storyline of the next one.

However they haven't exactly done those in awhile (I guess because they required a lot of work and resources) although they do still try to bridge stuff somewhat, just in a more "low-key" manner, so to speak.

For example, Season 1 of the current Chapter had Pandora's box suddenly appear on the map and open during the last week of the season, signaling the arrival of the Greek gods in Season 2.

Meanwhile, Season 2 had an ominous mysterious ship appear on the horizon that you could see from the East side of the map, followed by a giant sand storm during the last few days of the season, foreshadowing the current theme.

So, TL;DR they still try to bridge stuff somewhat but don't think too hard about it.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also, there was some lore about how when the Greek gods of S2 arrived, they promptly hunted down the villains of S1, The Society. This was told through the S2 loading screens, and by the NPC character Rose (the blue haired pony tail lady who is the first character shown in the trailer today). Rose also revealed that Valeria was the only Society member who escaped the gods (and also that Valeria and Rose are actually estranged sisters).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Also, there was some lore about how when the Greek gods of S2 arrived, they promptly hunted down the villains of S1, The Society. This was told through the S2 loading screens, and by the NPC character Rose (the blue haired pony tail lady who is the first character shown in the trailer today). Rose also revealed that Valeria was the only Society member who escaped the gods (and also that Valeria and Rose are actually estranged sisters).
That Ballerine assassin (Clara) was in the graveyard in S2 and talking with her she wondered why Valeria hired Oscar (like he was a good guy before, Hope also said this in S1) and she didn't talk about him in past tense so he probably survived as well.

I hope because we NEED his survey skin, the one we got instead was such a downgrade.

EDIT : yep, I haven't touched BR since the update but just saw Oscar is there in S3 (Classy Court)

5a7pNRU.png

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What's rocket racing?

For real though once you start getting into gold matches take longer and longer to get into. Feels like they completely fumbled the mode. Should have made an kart racer instead of an arcade racer.

I'm still enjoying it. Shame about the lack of rewards.
Just played a bit - it's crazy that they still haven't added the easier QoL stuff like looking up Quests between matches.
The new stage in the Cyberpunk setting is pretty cool tbh and stage diversity will only improve over time but it's weird how little they actually do with Avatars too. They should be out and visible before a race starts and not just be a PNG Avatar during the whole thing.