OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Big update coming tomorrow:

summary said:
Following up on the release of Pro Lead and Pro Bass song parts with Season 3, v30.00 expands accessibility options to access these song parts. Specifically, this update adds:
  • The ability to play Pro Lead and Pro Bass on any console platform or on PC, even without a supported guitar controller.
  • Keyboard + mouse (KBM) keybind support for Pro Lead and Pro Bass!
  • No matter which song part you select, there will be an option to see the note highway as multi-colored gems, similar to how it appears when Pro Lead or Pro Bass is selected.
Also, you'll be able to use supported guitar controllers for non-Pro parts, such as Vocals or Drums! v30.00 releases May 24.

KBM keybind support said:
One of the top requests we heard with the launch of Pro Lead and Pro Bass was to allow players the option to keybind their controls for these new song parts. In v30.00, this is possible! New keybind settings for fretting the Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, and Orange notes alongside Strumming inputs enable you to mimic the inputs of a guitar controller by holding down your note color key while simultaneously "strumming" to hit notes.

fortnite-festival-note-highway-1920x1080-a4d77187235e.png

"Lift Notes," the notes that look like an Up arrow and are hit by releasing your button press at the right time, are absent when playing Pro Lead or Pro Bass. You'll instead encounter "Hammer-Ons" and "Pull-Offs." These "HOPO" notes are visually different from regular ones, and when you have a combo, you can activate them by pressing their note color keybind — no strumming required!

KBM keybind support allows players to configure keybinds for any keyboard, controller-to-keyboard remapping, or accessibility devices to play the Pro Lead and Pro Bass song parts. See you on the leaderboards!

strumming with pro lead and pro bass said:
Please note we are still improving Pro Lead and Pro Bass and that there are some kinks to work out with how this is displayed for all players now that these song parts are getting KBM keybind support. When Backstage choosing your setlist, please be sure to double-check which song part you're selecting and familiarize yourself with the input for strumming before jamming to a Pro song part!

Here's the default keybinds for Pro Lead and Pro Bass, which are set up so you can hold your keyboard like you would a guitar:
  • Keys 1 to 5 for Green to Orange note lanes
  • Right Shift and Enter for Strumming
  • Page Down for Overdrive
  • Right Ctrl for Whammy
Controller default binds utilize the shoulder buttons for strumming and the triggers for Overdrive and whammy.

In order to hit a note with Pro Lead and Pro Bass, you need to hold down the corresponding colored fret note and simultaneously hit your Strum button at the correct time to "play" it.

general improvements to pro lead & pro bass said:
Alongside the addition of KBM Support, we've made a number of improvements and fixes to Pro Lead and Pro Bass following their release:
  • You'll be able to consistently hit chorded HOPO notes without strumming.
  • Added a new option to toggle the input labels for lanes at the bottom of the note highway. This is On by default for non-Pro parts, and Off by default for Pro.
We've seen a lot of great feedback around how guitar controllers feel, with one of the main topics being fret forgiveness (or what some call "coyote time") being too strict. We're planning improvements to this in our next major game update after v30.00. We'll have more to share around its release!

Also, we're continuing investigations on ways to expand the list of compatible guitar controllers for console players, and will share more information as we have it.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice they're working on it more.
I happened to get the Riffmaster delivered yesterday and amazing what they've done. They put stickers on the side of the box to only say "Compatible with PS4/PS5", covering up when it used to say PS4/PS5/PC, but noting PC compatibility hasn't been tested.
Really hope this version will work on Fortnite officially because what reason is there not to honestly. Worst case guess I'll continue to use input mapper.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Will this work with a Clone Hero guitar? I'm tired of waiting for the Xbox riffmaster. If any other guitars will work, please let me know. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Will this work with a Clone Hero guitar? I'm tired of waiting for the Xbox riffmaster. If any other guitars will work, please let me know. Much appreciated.
After tomorrow's update, custom guitars (if that's what you mean?) should work without any hassle. If your guitar functions as a keyboard, you'll be able to map it properly in-game.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! In the patch notes says guitar can be used now for vocal, drums, and etc. unsure if strumming works but I'll see how it works
Safe bet is no strumming since they seem to see that as a feature of the track type (kb/m having strum inputs for the pro-track for example). I'd be surprised if strumming is involved if you play the non-pro tracks on a plastic guitar. This update seems to just be unrestricting what you can use for what track

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to buy The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga. But, it was removed from the item shop.

Are songs only rotated in once a week?

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
So this means controllers like the Xplorer should be compatible to play with now right?

It should (on PC at least, using it on console would require something like a Roll Limitless adapter or the expensive as hell RB4 adapters), but we won't know until tomorrow for sure. Really want to give them the benefit of the doubt but given the kinds of bugs we'd seen in each season's launch so far anything can happen.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, am I stupid? How do I play the non pro charts with my guitar? I even tried remapping but pressing the frets don't change the binding.

Edit: I remapped the lanes with my Xbox controller and it still doesn't work in the actual song with my guitar. Again, am I stupid or are the devs just making this more complicated than it needs to be?

On Xbox btw.

Last edited:

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Wait, am I stupid? How do I play the non pro charts with my guitar? I even tried remapping but pressing the frets don't change the binding.

Edit: I remapped the lanes with my Xbox controller and it still doesn't work in the actual song with my guitar. Again, am I stupid or are the devs just making this more complicated than it needs to be?

On Xbox btw.

Tomorrow.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded and was able to remap my RB1 guitar in settings (pc) yet nothing actually registers in game. Not sure how to fix! I uninstalled joytokey in case it was a conflict but no dice.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Update is fucking amazing!

And they added visible perfects for pro charts. Thank god, now I can easily adjust my hit timing.

Dado2

Mar 30, 2021
The update looks great, but I just realized clone hero has occupied all of my time in the past few weeks. I didn't even finish my paid festival pass. FN gave us one metallica song, I have 40 on CH. Ramones, too. The slow drip of content has to change.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The update looks great, but I just realized clone hero has occupied all of my time in the past few weeks. I didn't even finish my paid festival pass. FN gave us one metallica song, I have 40 on CH. Ramones, too. The slow drip of content has to change.
I wouldn't necessarily call 5 songs released every week a slow drip of content, but of course it can't compete with a game that's been out for over a year and a half.

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
One underrated feature they added

theres an option to enable pro color's for all charts. so playing on controller is now colorful :)

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I still can't believe that we aren't able to choose our own band members when we're solo when it was already available in GH and RB. Yeah the focus is on the music but I hate it when there are duplicate npc band members.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
You know what sucks? I was all excited to try pro guitar on my pc, totally forgot the Rock Band 4 guitars don't have Bluetooth :'(

Turns out Fortnite on Xbox One isn't as smooth as on PC.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Old post, I know, but I can't get this out of my head… when you said this, did they actually say that or was it just that they only said Guitar and Bass was coming?
Was more that the data mining showed there was no vocal data like in RB games. Only the charts we have now. While other songs had the pro guitar, pro drums, and such tied to them just not enabled

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was more that the data mining showed there was no vocal data like in RB games. Only the charts we have now. While other songs had the pro guitar, pro drums, and such tied to them just not enabled
Ok, was just wondering if it was an official statement or something a dev said in a discord or on Twitter. Though, ya gotta admit "they said" is probably a pretty poor choice of words 🤣

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Finally received a email from Amazon regarding the Riffmaster. They are estimating between June 17th-30th for delivery for the Xbox version. Hopefully it is true.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Between the Xbox and PS5 versions, which would be the best for playing on PC? I know back then in the Street Fighter 4 era, the Xbox stick just worked with the PC version, but the PS version needed tinkering to work, and even then sometimes it just couldn't work.

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
Between the Xbox and PS5 versions, which would be the best for playing on PC? I know back then in the Street Fighter 4 era, the Xbox stick just worked with the PC version, but the PS version needed tinkering to work, and even then sometimes it just couldn't work.
Xbox works best on pc version as of now

"It just works"

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Shocked Master of Puppets is coming and not being held in the upcoming pass. I'd say that's their most popular song in years cause of Stranger Things.