• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised. This instrument support feels like beta tbh. Most likely will support more as time goes on.

Guessing Drum support will come with the Metallica season. Now I hope that just has proper e-kit support.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Only rock band guitars?? surely there's a way to spoof it on pc right?

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even get my RB4 Jag to let me play 😭. It gets all the fret prompts in the menus and then when I go to play the song it just says "swap device" and the inputs don't function properly (down strum is down d-pad so I can emote at least… 🫠)

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even get my RB4 Jag to let me play 😭. It gets all the fret prompts in the menus and then when I go to play the song it just says "swap device" and the inputs don't function properly (down strum is down d-pad so I can emote at least… 🫠)
Ok, got it working, I have to press random buttons a regular xbox controller when swap inputs or whatever is on screen and then go back and press buttons on the guitar and then it works. Played a song or two, feels decent if your calibration is good. The tilt for Overdrive is wack currently tho, if your guitar is tilted, it will just fire off (unlike Rock Band where you gotta tilt it MORE from however you are holding it).

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Ok, got it working, I have to press random buttons a regular xbox controller when swap inputs or whatever is on screen and then go back and press buttons on the guitar and then it works. Played a song or two, feels decent if your calibration is good. The tilt for Overdrive is wack currently tho, if your guitar is tilted, it will just fire off (unlike Rock Band where you gotta tilt it MORE from however you are holding it).

Could be a bad sensor in your guitar, I've also had a few that would shoot off an overdrive when completely leveled. Could also be a sync issue with how your guitar was being held when synced. There used to be an issue of the system syncing the controller already tilted so when you went to tilt again the sensor was thrown off.

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
Can confirm retro cult mod adaptors for wii guitars dont work on PC as of this time, it just thinks its a normal controller i think unless im doing something wrong

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Chances are that drums will come when they figure out classic controller support, otherwise it'll have an incredibly narrow support table of literally just the Rock Band 4 drums, which I would wager almost nobody has.

Maybe someone might release a drum brain that can be used with an actual drum kit, like the EON drums used to be. That feels like a much more financially sustainable product.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The "Paid" pass for Festival having a fucking "sticker" instead of an emote is pretty bullshit.
One of the emotes in the shop should've been there.

Stickers should never be "paid" content in such a small pass imo

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Does the game give you the option of disabling the tilt sensor on guitars? And does it allow you to calibrate the whammy bar?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Got really hopeful for a second since I have a RetroCultMods adapter, and it's got a PC configuration tool with a Fortnite Festival preset, but... no luck. Maybe an update'll come soon.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
copying this from another thread, but

is anyone else having troubles with being able to connect to the game with your rb4 jaguar, but playing the pro lead and pro bass modes only to have the "swap device" message on the screen and you're not able to play with the guitar controller? i'm on series x

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was much more interested in the Gaga pass than Billie, but I couldn't force myself to play with a normal controller. Now that guitars work I'll be playing this game a ton

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
UPDATE: Retro cult mod wii guitar adaptors DO work on xbox :) Edit: i can get the pro lead and bass options to show up, but i cant get the buttons to work once the chart loads up. might be an issue on my end but worth mentioning

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The Jam stage keeping getting error lobby full in all servers all the time. TR gives that from time to time but Jam Stage is permanently unplayable.

Mattmo831

Oct 26, 2020
  1. Santroller v10.1.0
    • Windows binaries are replaced with an installer, which features in app updates
    • Linux binaries are replaced with an appimage, which features in app updates
    • PS2 guitars no longer hold dpad down
    • Enable MPR121 on arduinos
    • Fix tilt over BT for playstation guitar emulation
    • Fix compliation issues on macos
    • Fix XB1 RB guitar emulation
    • Correctly generate navigation inputs when using GH mode on a XB1

2. [6:10 AM]
    If you want to play fortnite festival in guitar mode, you need to add a XB1 console mode binding
    You also requireauthentication and a XB1 / Series controller, as windows goes through the auth process with XB1 / Series controllers.
    1. Hit add setting
    2. Pick Console Mode Binding
    3. Set the console type to XB1
    4. Pick an input on your guitar (I often use the green fret)
    5. When you want to play, unplug your guitar and hold that input, then plug it back in
    6. At this point it will be emulating a XB1 guitar and the game should work

github.com

GitHub - Santroller/Santroller: Firmware for using various microcontrollers as controllers.

Firmware for using various microcontrollers as controllers. - GitHub - Santroller/Santroller: Firmware for using various microcontrollers as controllers.

Those with arduino guitars can now play on pc / xbox. you MUST have an xbox one controller plugged in. Those with adaptors (like retro cult) should update to this new firmware shortly.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Community-made guide on current controller support:

Shit is... bleak, at the moment. No wonder Harmonix was so tight-lipped before the update went live.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Community-made guide on current controller support:

Shit is... bleak, at the moment. No wonder Harmonix was so tight-lipped before the update went live.

Love Festival mode but damn, sometimes it really feels like an Early Access game (which I know it kinda is) that doesn't really have a good idea of a roadmap.

More Songs and Controller support is only gonna get us so far with all of the other stuff that should be there

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
So people who bought the PS5 riffmaster can't use it on PC huh

That's fucking disgusting considering it was advertised as PC compatible

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I had this issue at first, but after pausing/unpausing a few times it eventually started working.

Overall, it's nice implementation to have - but like a lot of Festival it mostly makes me hungry for a full experience. I'm sure at some point in the future they'll add back in drums, vocals, and full four-player local co-op - but it seems like it'll be a long time to get there (and the mode will need to stay consistently popular for it to stay alive).

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
They just can't use it at the moment. I'm sure Fortnite will be updated to support it.
With that said, the launch for this is a bit weak. Feels more like beta launch than anything.
I mean its very much a beta launch. Should have known from the fact they literally didnt talk about it until downtime.

Should of pulled content creators like Acai into a beta branch to get this in a better state.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Glad that both Billie Eilish outfits come with the Festival Pass. I wish Gaga's Chromatica outfit had been included with last season's. I loved it but just couldn't justify buying it separately :(

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
There's no way to play the vocal track using a guitar right? That would be way more fun than using keyboard or a regular controller.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Not technically new but Gangnam Style was a pass reward during Season 1.
Good catch, I knew it was already playable previously but couldn't remember if it was from the Festival Pass or if it was given to people who had the emote. Glad they're already starting to cycle in stuff from previous Passes.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Good to know the songs will be available for people who miss the Festival Pass.

I know that's the case for most "Mini Passes" but still.