• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
The average consumer doesn't follow forums and leaks online so it will be a surprise to most I guess!

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I have a big question? How will Nintendo address all the hacking going on. By the looks splatoon 2 is a cheatfest and It seems that the hacking cant be stopped due to a hardware issue.

Imagine fortine a F2P game everyone will have access to it, players will suffer!!

Easy: you have to connect to epic's ID / servers. You cheat, you get banned.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Most online games assume you're going to be stationary or have a cellular connection. I wasn't sure how online games on the Switch handle such situations where you could be inconsistently connected to wifi, like in a moving vehicle.
Imagine Fortnite on a laptop.

You play when you have a stable internet connection.

When you don't, you don't. Is simple

Oct 27, 2017
I have a big question? How will Nintendo address all the hacking going on. By the looks splatoon 2 is a cheatfest and It seems that the hacking cant be stopped due to a hardware issue.

Imagine fortine a F2P game everyone will have access to it, players will suffer!!

Yes, the second any game has a few hackers it instantly becomes a cheatfest

Most online games assume you're going to be stationary or have a cellular connection. I wasn't sure how online games on the Switch handle such situations where you could be inconsistently connected to wifi, like in a moving vehicle.
Have some of you even touched a Switch before? A laptop?

Apr 21, 2018
Imagine Fortnite on a laptop.

You play when you have a stable internet connection.

When you don't, you don't. Is simple

Haha I don't get why so many people have problems understanding this. No one expected Switch owners to be playing online in the woods or a moving vehicle.

If there's no internet, there's no way to play online. We've known of the concept for well over a decade.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 2 is not a cheatfest, like not even close to reality. They also drop the banhammer hard on cheater as people reported more than once.

That ban wave wasn't from reports, at least not predominantly. All of the character info gets funneled into SplatNet, so it is extremely easy for them to check for something like Octolings associated with accounts (or accounts that do not own the DLC later one). The octoling was not some robustly edited squidkid data, it was just call to a different memory space and that brings along all of the associated meta-data identifiers. The actual hackers, dumb as they were, didn't quite realize that modifications like weapon parameters and character elements do actually hit a server side check...

Anything SplatNet or another console/server can visibly see is not a good idea to play with because its very easy to track down anomalous behavior.

ABEZ23

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Easy: you have to connect to epic's ID / servers. You cheat, you get banned.

Awesome!!! Didnt know that we had that extra layer of security.

Yes, the second any game has a few hackers it instantly becomes a cheatfest

I think you are being sarcastisc, right now it seems ok to play online, but the moment they deploy a permanent point of entry and a proper environment to load the hombrew stuff... you will be thinking what I just said.

Anyways, epic is there with a second layer of protection...

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully no cross play. I wouldn't want to play with a switch owner on my team, no offense. I'm guessing graphical downgrades that would put them at a disadvantage. I'm happy for switch owners! This is the game of the generation and for good reason!

This is a joke right? Surely. It must be. Or has he not heard about mobile players in crossplay games?

Oct 27, 2017
If I bought a battlepass on the PS4 and unlocked a bunch of stuff, can I log into my Epic account on the Switch and have everything sync over?

I really really hope so...wish Overwatch would allow this too!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Loool. Wait so the game hasn't even been officially revealed yet we already know that it will launch tomorrow, with file size info included and everything?? Leaks are getting out of hand.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Isn't Save the World going to be F2P later? Maybe they are waiting for that to happen if they have plans to put it on the switch too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, I'm so mad I can't use cross progression and my savegame because I started on PS4. I would love to continue on it when I'm laying in bed but without my progress it's pointless.

But amazing that it comes, the right move.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they add Save the World to it eventually. I've no interest in the BR mode (played it on PC and iOS, just don't care for it), but StW sounds more interesting to me.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully no cross play. I wouldn't want to play with a switch owner on my team, no offense. I'm guessing graphical downgrades that would put them at a disadvantage. I'm happy for switch owners! This is the game of the generation and for good reason!

Lol wtf? You are kidding right?

LOL HAHAHA

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who is regularly on the losing end of online FPS, do I stand a chance with this game (never played it before)?

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017

I have over 250 hours logged for Splatoon 2 online and I've never seen cheating (unless it was suuuuuper subtle).

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Screenshots look nice. Bummer to not see a mention of gyro in the eShop description. Not sure if I'll be willing to pay the asking price if there's no gyro aiming.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless my PS4 account will link with this (HA!) I'll be passing on this. Maybe my kids will play it.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
This forum is weird. This is the biggest game in the world, and when Griezmann scores in the world cup with 500m+ watching him celebrate Fornite style it would only make it bigger with casual audiences.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
sorry for the question, but I don't understand. I can't use my epic account, because I already linked the ps4 version to it?

am I supposed to create a second one for the switch or what? can I unlink my ps4?

sorry if this has been answered before, but now I'm confused

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
I'm more intrigued on how it's going to look. I'm hoping it's something close to how it looked in the beginning in ps4 and Xbox one (graphics wise, not UI :p)

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, they really couldn't wait to announce this tomorrow. They held on to this "secret" for so long.. :D