• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn 30 min queue Fortnite always poppin. Wife is in but it seems like a mess, she's not able to find a game. Matchmaking just says queue is full, and the battle pass isn't populating

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Nice, it lost my settings after the update. Switched back to DX12 for Nanite, which triggered a restart and now I am back in the queue, only two times as big :P I guess no Fortnite tonight.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Played for a few hours. Feelings are kinda mixed right now but I tend to feel mostly negative towards change at first before I have time to get used to it.

The POIs are a big improvement over what Chapter 4 started with but the landscape itself feels kinda bland and there seems to be huge swaths of absolute nothing in the mountains towards the edge of the map. I visited the windmills and there seemed to be no means of getting to shore without swimming and once I got to shore it was just steep cliffs everywhere and nothing to help you move inland. One of the only times I've nearly died to the storm in this game.

The loot situation feels pretty bad? I landed lots of times, even at POIs, and just was not able to find guns for a while. Shields feel as scarce as they were when OG started. And weapon mods are... ugh. I am simply not going to stop and read these for every gun I come across, there's no time for it, and I've already had plenty of situations where I get in a firefight and my gun doesn't behave the way I expect because of some mod it came attached with.

And the locker and quest changes are, of course, abysmal. If they don't reimplement shuffling then the number of skins I actually use is going to drop dramatically which sucks. Also a handful of my presets straight up got deleted?

It's still Fortnite so it's still fun but that was also a pretty frustrating session in a lot of ways. I hope I start feeling more positively as I get more of a feel for things.

Oct 25, 2017
Also Snake's stuff

rendercombined.jpg
Some awful choices on this,
Literally would have taken Pliskin disguise over Old Snake

Oct 25, 2017
I remember last time I played there is was a site that showed all the locations/info for doing quests...is that still around or can someone link me that?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of people constantly wanting to swap out their loading screen and banner icon but I take it we're both learning things here today.
My loadouts use the skin's loading screen and character icon, and 1-2 related emotes among 4-5 universal ones I like.
Now it's annoying as heck to do that
I remember last time I played there is was a site that showed all the locations/info for doing quests...is that still around or can someone link me that?
fortnite.gg

Oct 29, 2017
Use code "BANAN-NANAN-ANA" at fortnite.com/redeem to get the "Nanner Ringer" emote.

View: https://twitter.com/FN_Assist/status/1731369207051215252

Well that's… interesting. Tried to do this but had to log in. All the log in terms were the code strings, like login.provider… punched in user name and password, did 2 factor… got a big screen saying I have been blocked by Cloudflare.

Seems like… kinda everything Epic Games is on fire right now

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Game crashed when tabbing to the item shop rip in pieces

Edit: AN HOUR LONG QUEUE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yzec

Dec 11, 2019
Belgium
My opinion on this map is going down with each match I play, third parties everywhere and long stretches with 0 cover in no build

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
This locker system, why, WHY!

Like holy shit, why the hell would you want to make this more complicated. This looks like a mess now with all of the different kind of presets now, and the list looking clustered with how less space it has.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Soon as I manage to get the quest to apply a mod done the server for that match croaks. Trying to get to that bench in solos is just complete ass.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm been lucky but playing with my oldest who has been crashing and returning to queue is brutal.

Feels great, I thought I was out a few seasons ago but back on this one. Lego is the thing I'm itching to see.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even trying today; it always seems that my game crashes once or twice the first few times I run it after an update, normally that's not really an issue, but with these queues..

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... probably been asked by now but what's the "Aura" slot in the locker going to be for? Do we not know yet?

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just lost to a dude that was just a floating gun model????? He was literally invisible...
I saw that happen too. I was in duos with my wife and then got killed, and the player I was spectating was invisible. He was visible on my wife's monitor though so it must be a weird graphical bug.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Man this is so fucking rad dude I love this, the guns are a tad overwhelming though with all the random modifications. Will take a bit to get used to that

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
This locker system, why, WHY!

Like holy shit, why the hell would you want to make this more complicated. This looks like a mess now with all of the different kind of presets now, and the list looking clustered with how less space it has.

It was so simple before. Each character could be saved with Skins, Emotes, Wraps, Load screens, banners, and music all in one Character. Now they have to be loaded in 4 different categories?!! That fucking sucks!! I can't even find half of them because I have to look back and see if I named a character or if it's a preset number, then look for the preset number of the emotes and wraps, etc.

The dailes are just gone until the startup missions are done, right?

I didn't mind two or three guarded mansions in the previous map (before OG) but now I'm getting shot at by bot guards in every location.

The queues are insane.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping to get a couple bot matches in for sightseeing and letting shaders compile but there are definitely people in here haha