Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I mean, airbending is quite literally a traversal item only, certainly it pushes back/up but that's only if you get close and align it properly. It to me just shows how bad traversal is in the game, because vehicles are limited both in size and movement speed. If the rumoured next chapter is Mad Max themed they'll really need to revamp the map or vehicles to be efficient.

Snipers quite literally just need tweaks to either damage output being only instant on headshot, and add a pull to scope causing blur or shaky cam. Waterbending is fine in its mechanical offering, if anything just tweak damage to be initially more but less over shots on the same target to a cap %. Add a short 3 sec cool down on reloading.
Yes, Airbending is a traversal item only and is broken just by being a traversal item.
It offers more movement speed than any other vehicle in the game, when you're sprinting. It has no fuel, it takes no damage, you can go through water, and climb mountains like you're a horse in Skyrim, it has a stupid jump that if combo with Flowberry, travels more distance than a shockwave and it never runs out. Doesnt matter if you take damage, you wont get thrown off the thing. It's broken, it's better than every other mobility item in the game, and it uses no resources, there's no trade-off, there's no tactical play, you just do it forever.

Waterbending is the exact same thing. It uses no ammo, it's the fastest reloading weapon in the game, it has the most dps of every other weapon, it's the only weapon that is still hitscan, now that all the others are projectile based. Speaking of projectile, it also has the fastest projectile speed in the game. From afar, it still has very little recoil and bloom, it's easy to shoot ADS or hipfire.
To mimic something close to Waterbending, you would need an Orange Thunderburst with all the right attachments, and the Waterbending would still be better long range, while being just as good close/mid range. Again, its literally better than everything else in the game and has no cons. And again, no resources either, so you pick one up early game and you can spam that shit all you want, blow up cover, trees, walls, doesnt matter cuz you're not gonna run out of ammo. It also produces a lot less noise than all the other weapons, so you can play aggro in a POI without calling attention and risk getting third party.

As for Snipers, the only healthy way they should exist in a game like this is: bolt action, only one scope available, one bullet per clip, 3 to 5 second reload time.
None of this quickscoping attachments, drum mag to get 5 shots and putting silencer crap.

As for the mobility issue, I agree. Just shockwaves isn't enough, and there should be a lot more cars. Last season was almost perfect, you had shockwave, grapple blade, and there were more cars spawning.
They added the wings, but removed some car spawns, but they should've kept both.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Are they kidding with these racing achievements? That's like 15+ races you gotta do in a little over a week? I got all the other modes mostly done in 1-2 sessions but racing is… not that

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I just gotta keep doing the main missions until 2* awakenings become a feature I'm allowed to use? I have a ton of awakening resources but the game says I can't actually do anything with them until Plankerton.
It's a super slow burn of a process. The different regions give you a recommended power level, so the starting one is like 1-19, Plankerton is like 15-46 etc., but these levels also take into account the group bonus you get when playing in a party, so unless you're playing solo, you don't need to reach the higher end of the power level for the region. For example, I'm on page 4 of Plankerton, and I'm power level 44 (I was 41 when I turned it on, but I autofilled survivors because I hadn't done it in ages); when I joined my next main mission in a full lobby, the group power level shot up to 77.

The game definitely opens up in early Plankerton though, as that's when you finally unlock weapon modding. It's kinda hard for me to keep track of the "normal" progression route through Fortnite, as I have the version from when BR was still pay to play, and like the second dearest bundle which came with extra copies of the game for friends, so I was absolutely showered with late game and super rare items lol. Like outside of levels because I never really progress the main story, I have multiple completed end game builds waaaaay before I should realistically have them.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Airbending is a traversal item only and is broken just by being a traversal item.
It offers more movement speed than any other vehicle in the game, when you're sprinting. It has no fuel, it takes no damage, you can go through water, and climb mountains like you're a horse in Skyrim, it has a stupid jump that if combo with Flowberry, travels more distance than a shockwave and it never runs out. Doesnt matter if you take damage, you wont get thrown off the thing. It's broken, it's better than every other mobility item in the game, and it uses no resources, there's no trade-off, there's no tactical play, you just do it forever.

Waterbending is the exact same thing. It uses no ammo, it's the fastest reloading weapon in the game, it has the most dps of every other weapon, it's the only weapon that is still hitscan, now that all the others are projectile based. Speaking of projectile, it also has the fastest projectile speed in the game. From afar, it still has very little recoil and bloom, it's easy to shoot ADS or hipfire.
To mimic something close to Waterbending, you would need an Orange Thunderburst with all the right attachments, and the Waterbending would still be better long range, while being just as good close/mid range. Again, its literally better than everything else in the game and has no cons. And again, no resources either, so you pick one up early game and you can spam that shit all you want, blow up cover, trees, walls, doesnt matter cuz you're not gonna run out of ammo. It also produces a lot less noise than all the other weapons, so you can play aggro in a POI without calling attention and risk getting third party.

As for Snipers, the only healthy way they should exist in a game like this is: bolt action, only one scope available, one bullet per clip, 3 to 5 second reload time.
None of this quickscoping attachments, drum mag to get 5 shots and putting silencer crap.

As for the mobility issue, I agree. Just shockwaves isn't enough, and there should be a lot more cars. Last season was almost perfect, you had shockwave, grapple blade, and there were more cars spawning.
They added the wings, but removed some car spawns, but they should've kept both.

Yeah I'm very very pro movement and I think zero build should always have something for movement. I would say the normal mobility stuff for this season is a bit weak. Wings can be useful if used correctly, but they leave you so open, that shocks are probably the better call, but wow the airbending is WAY too far in the wrong direction. I would say a good example of why was the earthbending actually. Earthbending was a nerfed version of the MHA ice wall from a few seasons ago in that it could make only one wall (could also destroy cover, but also not a huge deal with the meta in the state it was) being able to make your own cover for zero build is very useful because there will be times when you just won't have any. Like I think that would be a solid weapon worth carrying at any other point. It was fucking useless because of airbending. There's zero point to making cover when anyone with airbending can easily just roll up around it, and it's very hard to shoot them as they're approching. If earthbending is a less ideal thing to carry, just because airbending exists, that's an issue with airbending.

I spent the last part of the avatar season grabbing airbending and waterbending very very early, finding the best gatekeeper shotgun I could, and just roaming the map in airbending while only stopping when I found someone. Would just roll right up, shotgun them in the face, and leave. No one can do shit against that, unless they somehow manage to hit me first, and that's not super likely with how I was pulling up. I was getting like 15 plus kill wins by just exploiting the fuck out of the airbending and I am not good enough to be getting 15 plus kill wins lmfao

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I'm still fuming at seeing other anime/animation skins from past collabs being 1500 vbucks with 2 or 3 styles.
meanwhile, they locked the Avatar gang to 2k bucks bundles with no alternative styles.

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
That Deep Sea bundle, fuck it got me good. I'm a mad fan of Lovecraft and that is very much the style of his works.

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
I am happy that air bending is gone though. No more idiots just doing laps around the map avoiding engagements. There really should have been a limit or way to knock someone out of it like wings.
But there's nothing really wrong with people going around the map avoiding engagement if there trying to get quests done.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And for Lego done with the Rebel Camp at level 10, survival of course. I do like that Star Wars island a lot, every biome is very close to eachother, tons of caves as well.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
But there's nothing really wrong with people going around the map avoiding engagement if there trying to get quests done.
I'm talking about the 4-5 people that were just running in circles during end game. I doubt they're doing quests.

Air bending made it way too easy for people to run away and encouraged third parties. It was such a shit crutch.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I want a mode with all mythics ever in the game. Just a real stupid mode that still lets me do quests.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god I just got done with the Battle pass.
I guess I have under a month to get another 100 levels for the extra stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I just got done with the Battle pass.
I guess I have under a month to get another 100 levels for the extra stuff.

Even claiming the free v bucks this season in the main battle pass, I reckon I'll have to level up enough to reach page 4 of the extras to make up for the 950 it would cost to buy it. And I really doubt that will happen over the next 3 weeks or so left.
I've played less this season for sure, but levelling up has felt glacial at points

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
The Perseus quest pack? Yeah. I got it, it's tremendously easy. Just have to go to 7 spots every few days and collect levels and cosmetics.

It helps that the Perseus skin looks really cool, especially paired with a good cape.

Perfect. I'm weird, I like to start playing when the end of season pack appears. Grind up to 100 then disappear

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Perfect. I'm weird, I like to start playing when the end of season pack appears. Grind up to 100 then disappear
im the same way i play for the first day or two of the new season then totally forget about the game for 80% of the season then pick up the pack and play bunch for the remaining week or so before the next season lol

but i also play mmo expansions the same way usually

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
im the same way i play for the first day or two of the new season then totally forget about the game for 80% of the season then pick up the pack and play bunch for the remaining week or so before the next season lol

but i also play mmo expansions the same way usually

Same with mmos for me too. First week or couple of days are usually a blast. It's not like they become less fun, I just want to play everything.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I only really get into the game when new quests drop

Like by the end of the week I'll be bored again after I get through all the new weeklies and Star Wars quests added today

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Airbending, doing the story quest suck now :(

EDIT : and done, bring on Season 3.

Last edited:

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Just found out we aren't getting any other Star Wars skins in the shop and it completely makes sense given they wanna sell their shitty Luke skin and can't sell the other, better Luke skin to not make the new one look shittier and be of less value for the same price. Why couldn't they at least make a Hoth style for the new one idk… I just want the Luke with the 2 better styles.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, good ranked race

kq7yP1g.jpeg

It took me like 4 minute to load a race and I ended up with this lmao, usually when there's only 5 people you get booted out of the race with the error message "insufficient numbers of players"
That's Platinum II, I'm getting really close to finish all Racing quest except the "reach X rank" which I won't do.

Edit : only 2 more races come on, even in Platinum II it starts to take ages to find a race I'm so done with this. Like 5 mins without one now.
I definitely don't have the patience to reach the higher rank if the waiting time are much worse.

Edit 2 : got my purple wheels to go with my purple car, and finally done with Racing till next season.

Last edited:

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad the Star Wars quests are for XP. Interested to see where my level will sit in 2 more weeks. I'm a couple above 100 now and am hoping these added quests will be enough with most dailies.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Alright, good ranked race

kq7yP1g.jpeg

It took me like 4 minute to load a race and I ended up with this lmao, usually when there's only 5 people you get booted out of the race with the error message "insufficient numbers of players"
That's Platinum II, I'm getting really close to finish all Racing quest except the "reach X rank" which I won't do.

Edit : only 2 more races come on, even in Platinum II it starts to take ages to find a race I'm so done with this. Like 5 mins without one now.
I definitely don't have the patience to reach the higher rank if the waiting time are much worse.

Edit 2 : got my purple wheels to go with my purple car, and finally done with Racing till next season.
I've been kind to Rocket Racing in the past (I actually bothered to grind all the way to Champion 30 something % last season), but all things considered, six months after launch, it's probably one of the weakest games I've played in recent years.
The only saving grace for them is that it can hide itself by being under the Fortnite umbrella and people seeing it as a mode and not a game and the fact that barely anyone plays this.
After all this time, it's still a complete skeleton of a game in terms of content. One racing mode and one half-assed time trial mode, it has very little track variety, it added 4 or 5 new tracks (which I thought were all generally awful), it has terrible matchmaking and conectivity issues (infinite loading screen/the entire app just crashing), and IT STILL IS riddled with bugs. Like, insane, game breaking bugs. Dont take my word for it, I only played 10 games this season, go to the RocketRacing reddit and everyday the front page is full of clips of people randomly flipping, turning or crashing during races. It's absolutely insane how this game just doesn't work on the most basic level.
Imagine playing BR and every other game you experience bugs like your gun not shooting, you not being able to jump, or you not being able to pick up loot, it would cause a meltdown.

In a weird way, I'm happy that it doen't give huge amounts of exp this season (genius decision btw), cuz It was not gonna be fun to play this. Fortunately the Star wars quests and story quests will get me to lvl 200 before the season ends.

Now, don't get me wrong, Fortnite Festival shares a lot of the same issues (lack of modes and basic features), but at least it fucking works, most of the time.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's kinda annoying all the SW quests for racing are grindy, though

I've gotten the rewards for everything else in the other modes (except the Lego pass, which I have 10 weeks to do), but barely have any progress on the Rocket Racing rewards despite playing it longer than the other modes (besides BR)

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020

I've gotten the rewards for everything else in the other modes (except the Lego pass, which I have 10 weeks to do), but barely have any progress on the Rocket Racing rewards despite playing it longer than the other modes (besides BR)
Wait, are the rewards those Octane decals and the Star wars trail?
If so, I already got them through Rocket League, which should be faster, and obviously, much more enjoyable.

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017

Just do a few races a day and you'll get them done.

DuckSauce