• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Its being reported on reddit that its back in Fortnight for the 3rd time.

A few months back, they did the same thing, i assume they may have gotten into a bit of trouble because of it. Since the recent patch, players are once again reporting the same thing.

Someone wearing a PS4 exlucsive skin in an Xbox Lobby

Also crossplay between PC and Xbox One has been reported, as people in an Xbox lobby have hypens in their name

A few people in the discord chat reporting the same, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7reo5y/players_are_reporting_that_they_are_able_play/

Last edited:

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
After Epic's comments at TGA's and this happening I hope they'll give a straight answer as to what the problem is. They haven't outright said it's Sony stopping it, and they said it was Microsoft in some patch notes but then removed that reference for whatever reason.

[Edit: Taking the above post into consideration it's definitely Sony, I had forgotten about Spencer's Tweet]

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe Xbox Live and PC are secretly sucking the bandwidth from Sony servers.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if there is a monetary fine associated keepin crossplay on because otherwise, what would stop Epic? Anyone here believe that Sony would remove Fortnite for breaking the Terms and Conditions?

Gearsmith

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Jan 16, 2018
Yeah, I hope so. With Nintendo about to disrupt the market, Sony needs to grow a pair of balls. They shouldn't be afraid of X1X as they pretend to be.

I think if all three are doing well in ninth generation, Nintendo and Microsoft could force Sony's hand on this issue.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow all the poor children that might he lost due to cross play. Call your congressman

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if there is a monetary fine associated keepin crossplay on because otherwise, what would stop Epic? Anyone here believe that Sony would remove Fortnite for breaking the Terms and Conditions?
Since no one in the higher ups is noticing gamers should stop reporting about crossplay, that way Epic can let it slip accidentally a 4rth time and stay on

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Xbox One manages to somehow double its sales and Switch keeps the insane pace, otherwise Sony will never be arsed to allow this.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Yes...a bug....

artworks-000263873957-4xy7f3-t500x500.jpg

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I checked there was still cross-play between PS4/PC players, Epic removed cross-play between Xbox/PC players after policy discussions with Microsoft (conveniently ignored), and cross-play was removed between consoles because it was supposedly a bug.

But yes, let's call out Sony. Bad Sony!

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Epic, go ahead and force Sony's hand here, the whole thing is ridiculous. Knowing Sony they'd probably sue though.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Last time I checked there was still cross-play between PS4/PC players, Epic removed cross-play between Xbox/PC players after policy discussions with Microsoft (conveniently ignored), and cross-play was removed between consoles because it was supposedly a bug.

Do you have a source about the removal of Xbox and PC crossplay due to discussions with Microsoft?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's ignored because they retracted that comment

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why anyone would want to play against pc players?

Unless you want to be a puppet

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a source about the removal of Xbox and PC crossplay due to discussions with Microsoft?

On mobile at the moment so unfortunately not. However, it was in the original patch notes.

It's ignored because they retracted that comment

It was so random to put that very specific piece of information in the patch notes that happened to be retracted. Too random. Thanks to the internet, it wasn't forgotten. I wonder why they would feel the need to retract it.

As of the time of writing is there cross-play between PS4/PC players? That is something I'd like to know.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
In BR mode console players would be at a big disadvantage, but for the zombie mode maybe Epic can work out a deal with Sony and MS when the game finally comes out of beta.