• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Especially for mobile, a "go to the top" button at the bottom of the page would be useful.
Right now on android you have to scroll all the way up in order to refresh or go to another thread. You could also have the breadcrumbs thing in the bottom as well instead.

A little more complex is a "load new posts" at the bottom as well.

Oct 28, 2017
User Functionality
  • Ability to mark all watched threads as read
  • Ability to hide threads

Design
  • Remove the username from the post timestamp at the bottom of each post as it appears redundant
  • Add a little bit of top padding to the avatar in posts as it juts right to the top of the post box now (on mobile view)

Oct 28, 2017
Especially for mobile, a "go to the top" button at the bottom of the page would be useful.
Right now on android you have to scroll all the way up in order to refresh or go to another thread. You could also have the breadcrumbs thing in the bottom as well instead.

This is my number one request, I use mobile almost exclusively and the navigation experience compared to the mobile version of the other site is a huge step backwards.

- Quick links to jump to top/bottom of screen
- Refresh/load new posts button at bottom of page

Apart from that, the site is very slick, looking forward to the dark theme!

Oct 27, 2017
These have probably already been requested.

I'm lazy/impatient so...

Duplicate the navigation breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page below the last post for easy access to other sections after you've finished catching up on the current thread posts.

Add a 'goto top' link at the bottom of the page so you can quickly get pack to tools in the header without manually scrolling all the way back up again.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
"Edit" and "Report" are too close together on your own posts. Of course, there's an additional popup if you misclicked on Report, so you can't accidentally alert the mods to yur fuxed up speling, but still. There's less need for the quote/reply buttons on your own post, so maybe one of them could be replaced? Or simply move the report button to below the avatar or leave it out altogether, because who in their right mind would report themselves.

I'd like a thread preview below a composed message in preview mode. Probably too much of a strain on the server(s) though.

Oct 27, 2017
User Functionality
  • Ability to mark all watched threads as read
  • Ability to hide threads

Marking all threads as read and hiding threads were exactly the two things I was about to request! I can't believe how much I miss being able to filter out anything related to games I don't want to hear about (PUBG, mainly).

I'd also suggest incorporating the layout and design of the DesignERA (Dark) custom theme. Or, to begin with, a dark theme at least.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Too many stickied threads at the top. One or two, cool, but there are five right now. Just seems a bit overkill.

Last edited:

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

I would love this, it's a pain to scroll all the way up when browsing on mobile devices.

Oct 27, 2017

This 100%

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we fix the baked in spoiler feature? The insert spoiler function hides it like an email tag.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dense. It's meant to give context for the spoiler. Cool.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on the site setup and early success. As an almost exclusive mobile device member I would like to see two things.

Topics in bold on the forum listings have pages.
I'd also like to request that a new section be made for news and pinned items it's annoying to have to scroll down half the site to bypass the pinned messages.

Other than that things are looking great and I look forward to meeting and becoming a proud member of the Restera

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Can I suggest having our own posts and quoted ones to be in a slightly different color to us so it's easier to spot our content?

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Please hire a CSS-expert who can fix the padding, unused space and generally tweak & make everything look better/more modern, and more userfriendly =)

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Refresh buttons, our own posts and quotes being a different colour, liking posts, and just some general cleaning up of the design would be welcome. Overall though despite how hastily it has been thrown together I am loving the improved functionality from XenForo. Notifications when someone quotes is an absolute godsend.
On that note, how about toast notification support in browsers like Chrome, Safari and Edge? Would be great to get toast notifications when we're not actively on the site.

Oct 27, 2017
If I had one big request it would be to get rid of the grey thread titles and just make the fonts/font colors a bit more readable against the off white background.

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia, PA, USA
The site is off to a great start! I'll echo the request for "go to top/bottom" buttons. All the scrolling gets to be a pain on mobile. And a "return to forum" at the bottom would be great, too. Thanks, and keep up the good work!!

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How long does one wait before being out of "junior status" - I'd like to "movie that you've watched thread" but can't. :/

There's isn't one on ERA yet.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The lack of links to the Gaming and EtcetEra forums at the top over every page like there are on some other forum is annoying me way more than it should. Sure you can just click Forums and then go to the one you want but that's one extra step and I'm lazy.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I desperately need a quick switch button for Gaming discussion / Gaming hangouts / EtcetEra / EtcetEra hangouts.
Preferably at the top and bottom of the page - also so you can click it to refresh the current page you're on.

I bop in and out of these different subforums so damn frequently - it would make the experience a lot better. :)

ronaldthump

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
120 days and I think 200 posts. It's detailed in the announcements forum somewhere.

EDIT: 60 days and 100 posts from here.

60 days is a bit ridiculous; I had an other forum account and was a member - the neogaf uncharted TLL spoiler thread was mine
:/

2 months before I can make a thread?? :/

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2 months and 100 posts isn't too different from the other forum. They should likely give a chance to people who were full members of the other community to become full members, but then it's going to go against their own rule.

You missed the initial sign up period and it sucks, but if they kept letting people just fly through as full members we'd get trolls who immediately made threads instead of having to wait before they do and possibly slip up and give themselves away. Or not having one person with an alt that is already a full member.

FactOrFiction

Oct 28, 2017
Two points.

Haven't read the thread but I already saw people about talking the mobile version.

1.Make it faster if possible. often times my internet is slowed down so it opens the page really slowly.

2. is there a dark version/skin/design of the forum?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That will go away with time, but your username will always confuse people who reply to you. ;p
Yeah, I had to really consider if I was going to change it this time but i've been using it for years on GAF and managed to make it work. Hopefully it doesn't break the green highlight quote system, but it worked on the outdated forum board.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The unread/read thread colors need to be switched. Unread threads should be purple and unread ones should be grayed out.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Can threads now go on indefinitely? OT's needed a new version every 200 pages (100 post limit), I wonder if this is stil necessary.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like if anyone uses the quote button to post a reply, but doesn't actually quote you (i.e. they just use the button as a shortcut to reply and delete the quote), you still get a notification that your post was quoted.

Kinda annoying bug :P

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Suggestion: When you click the + button and choose "Code", there are only 3 supported languages. PHP, HTML, and General Code. It would be great if you could add support for more languages here. Java, C#, and of course, the one true language, C++. This would give us syntax highlighting for other languages, which is very helpful in ProgrammingEra.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Option to not autoload avatars / option to hide avatars: 2
Baliis, Chopchop

highlight posts where you have been quoted: 1
Gbraga

bigger avatars: 2
SuperSonic, Sou Da

Usernames above avatars: 1
sangrael

I'd like to endorse these if possible

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Small suggestion: Notification numbers in tabs depending on your alerts.

Like how Facebook has "(3) PAGETITLE", I'd love it if Resetera was similar.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Disable this option in the alert preferences: "Receive an alert when someone Replies to a watched thread" I have it set up that any thread I post in is added to the watched list, but I disable alerts for replies.

Hmm, can you do it by thread? Like I want notifications for Manga community thread, but I don't want them for the Anime one.

superpretend

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but I'd love to be able to adjust font size on the mobile site. The text is just slightly too small for my liking. Hope this can be done!

Yorxor

Oct 27, 2017
Munich, Germany
I think it has all been mentioned already:
  • Make the breadcrumb bar a proper navigation bar with links to all the 4 main forums. The current "quick" link button to the right is not quick at all and has a huge delay until it pops up. It seems to query something every time it pops up.
  • Have a duplicate of that master navigation bar at the bottom of the page.
  • Have a refresh link for mobile use at the bottom of the page (somewhere in said navigation bar).

Oct 27, 2017
We definitely need a refresh page at the bottom option. As well as a way to get back to the top quickly. Otherwise I'm loving the site.

Edit: as well as like in GAF. I really wish we could get a separate shade of blue or something on our own posts so that we can find ourselves more easily in a thread.

Those three things are a must to me.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
PoliEra desperately needs an embed tweet function. Twitter already spits out the code if you want so it would be cool as hell if the forum displayed them.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so i know the site is more focused on the technical aspects at the moment but mobile really needs a way to refresh the page and to get from top to bottom quickly

you guys are doing a excellent job and i only wish to see this site continue to flourish in both community and design

Status
Not open for further replies.