• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i'm looking for forum suggestions that have a cool community and stuff, i talked about this before with someone before, but i havent found a good place, its usualy some sub-reddits sugestions, and talk about forums being dead and all.

does anyone know some place?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
5nwplf.jpg

Nov 9, 2017
So i'm looking for forum suggestions that have a cool community and stuff, i talked about this before with someone before, but i havent found a good place, its usualy some sub-reddits sugestions, and talk about forums being dead and all.

Anywhere but Etcetera! lol/jk

I pretty much only use Resetera, Reddit and Discord.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
i cant tell if this is some masterful joke or what

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only other forums I frequent are generally for specific subjects targeted towards older demographics. The current one behind for Ford automobiles (Bronco6g) as I'm interested in purchasing one.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Internet forums are long dead. I wouldn't post in one even if my life depended on it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I used to post in some small Mega Man boards, and briefly in an MMORPG board despite not playing MMORPGs.

I will recommend neither of those things.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

To answer your question - no, I don't

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
message boards are a dying medium. I recommend a good discord, like the Breadstream discord.
yeah i joined some discords, but it works differently, the good points of message boards its that theres a place for each topic/news that you can catch up and join the discussion is more slow and all, than discord thats instant messages and more frenetic and all

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Message Boards are pretty much dying, your best bet is either a dedicated community to something you like, a subreddit or discord server.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
just looking if there's a place i dont know about, and maybe join
There's a reason so many of us are old as hell. Active message boards & forums are a vestige of the past, and you'll be hard-pressed to find ones as active as Era. Subreddits just don't scratch the same itch, in my opinion. Especially for evolving conversations in a given thread.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I hear there's this thing called Digg that all the cool kids are on.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
There's a reason so many of us are old as hell. Active message boards & forums are a vestige of the past, and you'll be hard-pressed to find ones as active as Era. Subreddits just don't scratch the same itch, in my opinion. Especially for evolving conversations in a given thread.

which in an age of way more social interaction online, I don't get. Twitter is shouting into the void, and facebook is just talking to people you already know. I don't get not wanting a forum to go to so you can talk about pretty much anything or get feedback.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I'd type your inquiry into the AskJeeves search box and see if he can find an answer for you

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
which in an age of way more social interaction online, I don't get. Twitter is shouting into the void, and facebook is just talking to people you already know. I don't get not wanting a forum to go to so you can talk about pretty much anything or get feedback.
I agree with that. I think I enjoy my time the most on here when people are challenging me on what I'm saying. It gets contentious at times, but there's a ton of really good perspectives from people here.
There has been a lot of drama spewing and spilling over the place, NintendoERA is emptying as well by the looks of it.
Wait, what? Can you summarize?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There was a time where I was part of around 5- forums each for specific media, I even owned a couple.

The last one was a local marvel forum owned by two friends, we had a small community and held get togethers and hang out, I loved it but they didn't want to host it anymore or manage it and switched to a facebook group, discord wasn't that popular back then. Once in a while I hop on to that group to see what's up and see if there's some event planned but I can't stand facebook or the groups. It's a lot of posting memes and macro images now instead of actual discussion. A shame.

Luckily resetera has everything in one place.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of the time in the early 2000's I went into Papa John's to ask where the nearest domino's was.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

i mean it depends on what you are into. There is a awesome
Box office discussion forum, but not sure you're into that.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Day One Patch was born from the IGN boards mass exodus back in the day.

There's a core group that are pretty active there.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
This board is the right size for me. I recognize most of you. Sometimes the poster above you has a cool Microphones avatar. This place moves fast enough to not be boring, but slow enough that I don't feel like I need to be on it all day to know what's going on.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
What are your thoughts on Vile? That was the earliest flame war I remember
I enjoy how he's blatantly just purple Boba Fett in a mecha, and how you can just draw out the scripted fight against him for no real reason except to waste time.

His X3 theme is cool but it's also like a two second loop.

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Wait, what? Can you summarize?
www.resetera.com

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) [Read STAFF POST] Sales

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) ___ Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) 01./00. [PS4] Tales of Arise # (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2021.09.09} (¥7.980) - 151.316 / NEW 02./00. [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together! (Nintendo) {2021.09.10} (¥4.980) - 72.277 / NEW...

It's best to read and draw your own conclusion. The last couple pages in particular are WILD. Also there is a very good chance moderation will actively try to remove any trace of what was discovered.

That last post before the lock though...like i understand the difficulty in trying to restore order after shit like that gets out of control, but you are only a moderator of a message board lmao. Power trips over the most menial shit.