• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one of these?

PORTABLE_MASSAGE_TABLE_1024x1024_c5025035-13a8-434d-9e04-7107e5903ca8_1024x1024.png
Lmao

Mar 18, 2020
Like a lot of people have said, forums in general are passing away. With Twitter and other chat apps there's no real reason to limit your conversation to a venue where you can be arbitrarily punished without warning for the pettiest of reasons.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) [Read STAFF POST] Sales

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) ___ Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) 01./00. [PS4] Tales of Arise # (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2021.09.09} (ÂĄ7.980) - 151.316 / NEW 02./00. [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together! (Nintendo) {2021.09.10} (ÂĄ4.980) - 72.277 / NEW...

It's best to read and draw your own conclusion. The last couple pages in particular are WILD. Also there is a very good chance moderation will actively try to remove any trace of what was discovered.

That last post before the lock though...like i understand the difficulty in trying to restore order after shit like that gets out of control, but you are only a moderator of a message board lmao. Power trips over the most menial shit.

I hadn't seen this. What a fucking joke

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the Penny Arcade forums back in the day, but I haven't been over there in a minute.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) ___ Famitsu Sales: Week 37, 2021 (Sep 06 - Sep 12) 01./00. [PS4] Tales of Arise # (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2021.09.09} (ÂĄ7.980) - 151.316 / NEW 02./00. [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together! (Nintendo) {2021.09.10} (ÂĄ4.980) - 72.277 / NEW...

It's best to read and draw your own conclusion. The last couple pages in particular are WILD. Also there is a very good chance moderation will actively try to remove any trace of what was discovered.

That last post before the lock though...like i understand the difficulty in trying to restore order after shit like that gets out of control, but you are only a moderator of a message board lmao. Power trips over the most menial shit.
Lmao this forum sucks

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I in general wish there were more forums too. I get so bogged down in the negativity that surrounds the video games I enjoy here, and I don't really know where else to go.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
That other thread linked here sure is…uh…interesting.

I wonder if that provides some insight into why forums are going extinct. I've been posting on forums for close to 20 years and I've been a part of many that eventually fell apart from overzealous moderation. Idk, something about the way forums are leads to people becoming very possessive of their little digital kingdom and it always turns into Users vs Mods. The best forum I was ever apart of was the original Nsider forum, where the mods were paid NoA staff and it was still in the early Internet days where a company like Nintendo wasn't afraid of hosting a forum and letting their employees cut it up with the fans. That place was really awesome.

I love forums too, and I'm always looking for new ones, but I really haven't found any place like Era in a long time.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
That other thread linked here sure is…uh…interesting.

I wonder if that provides some insight into why forums are going extinct. I've been posting on forums for close to 20 years and I've been a part of many that eventually fell apart from overzealous moderation. Idk, something about the way forums are leads to people becoming very possessive of their little digital kingdom and it always turns into Users vs Mods. The best forum I was ever apart of was the original Nsider forum, where the mods were paid NoA staff and it was still in the early Internet days where a company like Nintendo wasn't afraid of hosting a forum and letting their employees cut it up with the fans. That place was really awesome.

I love forums too, and I'm always looking for new ones, but I really haven't found any place like Era in a long time.

I moderated a much smaller board once and the us vs them mentality is incredibly seductive and dangerous. It is very hard to stay in the right mindset over any length of time and I do not envy the mod team for a board of this scope and passion at all

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
We still have The Helper Forums, one of the oldest communities where they do WarCraft 3 and WC3: The Frozen Throne custom maps.

Oct 28, 2017
www.resetera.com

This place is really starting to feel like the old place in the worst ways…

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly pretty crazy how much Discord has largely replaced forum and social media posting for me.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
How does one find discords for post in? I've asked a few times here but most seem pretty quiet

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly pretty crazy how much Discord has largely replaced forum and social media posting for me.
It's tough because the rapid nature of discord you lose so much of what makes forum chatter so great. I've got smaller discords with like friends and that's very easy, but when you want a larger community forums make that discourse a lot easier to swallow whereas I lose track of a lot in a busy discord channel. There's a lot of good and bad for both, probably why I stick to both (and then my work slack, private slack with my partner, zoom calls, FaceTime calls, WhatsApp rooms for offsite coworker mingling so the all seeing eye isn't peeping).

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
It's a real bummer that traditional forums are dying. Discord is not the same and Twitter is a shitshow. Reddit is ok but the discussion and topics are too slow moving.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a real bummer that traditional forums are dying. Discord is not the same and Twitter is a shitshow. Reddit is ok but the discussion and topics are too slow moving.
Yeah it sucks. I like the format of forums and it works for me to just pick up the phone and read for a bit. The nature of reddit doesn't feel convenient to actual discussion and Discord is too fast moving and expects me to be more directly involved than I have time for. Unfortunately though I can't really name any good ones. They're just a dead medium with barely a few clinging on for dear life at best.