• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
USA
One thing I do not like is the 30 FPS cutscenes. It's very jarring to go from 100 FPS to 30 FPS like that and back.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't be done in engine.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I've gotten burnt out on FH3 after putting in near 200 hours in that game, but I'm actually not that impressed with FH4. The game feels more like a Forza Horizon 3.5 than 4.0 to me. Visually it looks identical to FH3 on PC, and on base XB1 in my eyes FH4 actually looks a bit worse in terms of aliasing and artifacting than FH3. I'm really looking forward to a Digital Foundry analysis for a more in depth comparison. I think I'll play FH4 for a while on gamepass instead of preordering the $100 ultimate edition like I was originally planning.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It might be a small thing, but I love how they implemented the players gamerpic directly into the game. It all adds up to an extremely polished and fun experience.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
runs great on my dinosaur.
0mHvEJg.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well fuck it, I'm buying an x by the end of the month

Mr Robot

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Runs like butter @1080p on my 1070
But I tried 4K and it's in the 50-55ishfps at ultra quality so I tried to toggle the 30fps lock and it doesn't seem to work

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
A lot of stutter after a rewind. Playing on X1X.
Weird. Once rolling it's great after 2-3 seconds.

Great demo but the characters...damn. They look weird and the fact that they don't speak makes it even more funny.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
SAme but... uhhh.....

Someone or something called "HarryOne" showed up under my account, ahah:

i5NMoBil.png
Did you trade in your original Xbox One or something? The reason I ask is because something similar happened to me, as I sold my original Xbox One to a co-worker, and I was kind of freaked out when an Xbox One named Winona Ryder popped up on my account. It turns out that wiping the original Xbox One didn't remove its association with my Microsoft account, so I ended up removing it manually.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After testing on the 3 systems I can say this. Forza 4 does run better than Forza 3. Which is just crazy to me

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an in game fps counter? I played the intro and it was smooth af on my 1070 at 1440. No hitches at all like the f7 or fh3 PC demos. Didn't spend much time at all with it

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
This is me playing the demo in performance mode on my X.

tenor.gif

I am going to pour a lot of hours into this game when it releases

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
1. Go into forest
2. Turn off radio
3. Listen

Fucking great sound design. You can hear the fucking nature!

Hmm that's odd, I'm 50/50 then if it was the bug or not.

I run the game through Steam with GloSC and it works like a dream with my DS4.
I figured it out. I had to grab my older v1 ds4. the newer ds4s (v2 with the light bar on top) have issues. Works great now with ds4windows.

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Runs beautifully on my rig on Ultra settings(default) at 21:9(3440x1440p). 6700k + GTX 1080.

Wheel is supported and it recognized my T300, but its Horizon so its squirrely as hell. Controller gives you insane grip on even the dirtiest of roads, while with a wheel its spinout central. May need to duck into settings and see if that can be improved, but it feels no different from Horizon 3 which suffered similarly. Just a game that doesn't feel right with a wheel I guess.

But damn, it looks incredible. The opening mud race in the Spring might have been the most impressive racing course my eyeballs have ever seen. The colors, the light rain and sundrenched surfaces, the reaction of the environment with your car(including the mud and foliage). Just incredible.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not many demos have me smiling like a crazy person. Sense of speed is amazing, graphically stunning and the demo really does package up the season stuff amazingly well. Bravo.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started out in Quality mode on the X and it looks insane. I'll try Performance when I get home from school tonight.

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My god, what a beautifully crafted game this is, can't wait to get my hands on the full release. Absolutely stunning in 4k on the X.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I couldn't resist and downloaded the demo. Holy smokes! Game is incredible, visually and otherwise. When the Spring intro came up and I was bogging through the mud in the forest, I couldn't believe how much they improved from 3. So glad I bought the X, if only to experience this game at it's finest.

The player avatars look goofy though.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not many demos have me smiling like a crazy person. Sense of speed is amazing, graphically stunning and the demo really does package up the season stuff amazingly well. Bravo.

Same, I was just driving around a village parking outside peoples houses and looking at their cars and houses lol just smiling to myself at the details

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Game runs very, very well on PC. Everything on Ultra, locked 60fps. Old CPU (i5 4690k @4,4Ghz) coupled with a GTX 1070. Looks and plays great.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyway to skip the bullshit at the start?

Dev screens, seasons, etc. etc? I just wanna test performance in the open world.