Glass

Oct 26, 2017
My first Forza game, can't wait.

What's really sold me aren't even all the preview videos, but this guys channel; he just picks cars and drives casually around the map and environments. Been a real vibe on the old OLED this past week .

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Damn I forgot about playing this on steam deck later on, I just bought the premium add one bundle because I have game pass.
Maybe I'll buy it again later on but I would have to rebuy the expansions too… damn

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Premium edition preloaded on Series X. Forza Horizon 4 is/was the GOAT racer for me. This looks incredible! I cant wait😊

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Need to finish GotG before this comes out.
Can't wait!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Some Resolution stuff

One S - 1080p/30
One X - 4k/30
Series S - 1080p/60 performance mode
Series S - 1080p/30 quality mode with raytracing in Vista mode. This will be moved up to 1440p closer to launch
Series X - 4K/60 performance mode
Series X - 4K/30 quality mode with raytracing in Vista mode

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah but even digital foundry wasn't sure, since they did a killer job on 30fps mode and there's a lot more graphical elements there, for them to NOT easily recommend 60fps says a lot

the amount of motion blur in 30 fps is just hilarious to me, you lose all the detail in motion that you gain with the quality mode. I know that DF praised it, but I and many will always disagree with DF's camera motion blur takes, especially when there's such copious amounts of it. The motion clarity is just crap and when you're driving fast cars it's legitimately affecting the gameplay. Not to mention games just always gonna feel more responsive at higher framerates. Racing games and first person shooters just feel incredibly hard to enjoy to play at anything less than 60.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Some Resolution stuff

One S - 1080p/30
One X - 4k/30
Series S - 1080p/60 performance mode
Series S - 1080p/30 quality mode with raytracing in Vista mode. This will be moved up to 1440p closer to launch
Series X - 4K/60 performance mode
Series X - 4K/30 quality mode with raytracing in Vista mode
Wait, there is Ray tracing in this game? I had no idea. Gonna try it out on PC.

Are there any chances of DLSS for the PC version as well?

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but even digital foundry wasn't sure, since they did a killer job on 30fps mode and there's a lot more graphical elements there, for them to NOT easily recommend 60fps says a lot
The responsiveness and lack of visual judder means I will never play anything below 60 frames if given a choice but as long as the option is aways given to have 60 fps modes then I'm fine with whatever an individual picks. There is always going to be a major gameplay difference between 30 and 60 frames however.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
I really hope they work around bottlenecks to get a 1440p/60 mode with max post/LOD settings on SX. The fixation with hitting 4k at all costs is so banal, even as a happy 4k TV adopter for years.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they work around bottlenecks to get a 1440p/60 mode with max post/LOD settings on SX. The fixation with hitting 4k at all costs is so banal, even as a happy 4k TV adopter for years.

Agreed. Also, I'd love a 40fps mode for 120Hz displays, with settings similar to the quality mode, but scaling in resolution when needed.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I hope the game gives me the option of which monitor to use. FH4 doesn't and as I sometimes game on my Oled but have my desktop on my monitor it was a nuisance to have to put the desktop on my Oled as it's some distance away from my desktop and keyboard/mouse.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass + Premium add-on is such a great option this time around. I love it. Can't wait for Friday!

Finished up FH1 just this last week, playing it for the first time, but I've played 2 thru 4.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
My first Forza game, can't wait.

What's really sold me aren't even all the preview videos, but this guys channel; he just picks cars and drives casually around the map and environments. Been a real vibe on the old OLED this past week .

God, I really wish I had a wheel and pedal setup like this. Hard to justify the price since FH is pretty much the only racing game I actually play.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Can't justify the early access this time around (did it last time), but will be joining the fun next week for official release date. FH4 was easily my favourite racer of recent times.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
God, I really wish I had a wheel and pedal setup like this. Hard to justify the price since FH is pretty much the only racing game I actually play.

You can get an older wheel/pedal setup just to mess around. I recently bought an old Driving Force GT ($50 used) to play Assetto Corsa, Truck Simulator, etc. with. Forza Horizon 4 was kind of hard because its just arcadey enough to mess with my brain but fun none the less.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Is there any early info on how good or bad is the PC version? I hope reviews tomorrow focus on that, and that there are no major differences between gamepass and Steam builds.

Oct 12, 2020
Just deleted FH4 from my Series X SSD. What a ride that game was. And it help to kill a lot of down time during the pandemic, so I am very thankful to Playground Games for that.

I am now ready for Friday. Or Thursday (tomorrow) if my FOMO becomes so great that I resort to the fabled "NZ trick".

And is anyone else also thinking that HUGE numbers of people are buying in on the early access? The thirst for this game is immense.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
My experience with Forza Horizon 4 was kind of weird. I got the game at launch and ended up bouncing off it fairly quickly, kind of unhappy with the lack of general progression (even compared to how 3 worked) and the less interesting map. Came back a bit after they added the weekly playlists and didn't really stick with it. Came back again when The Eliminator got added and didn't bother with that too much. Gave it another shot after the last major update (when they added Super7) and while the player-created challenges largely stunk, the game finally clicked for me and I ended up doing damn near everything on the map (would have made Horizon Star if it wasn't for the silly creation requirements. I could have boosted those if I really wanted to but I didn't want to bother).

So now it's time for another round of filling in roads, smashing billboards and getting run off the road by randos (on your team usually, to boot). I can't wait. :p

Similar experience for me, I bounced off 4 hard at launch, felt it was a more homogenized version of 3(which I loved) with lesser stakes and purpose to its racing and goals. Just wasn't feeling the new environment either.

Then during the pandemic, I upgraded my wheel setup, FH3 got delisted, which reignited my interest in the games. Spent more time playing both and came out consistently playing FH4 for the past year. I still play a few hours each week doing the weekly events, while pretty much sweeping clean the map.

FH5 fast became my most anticipated game of the year. Not even close to anything else that launched.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
definitely gotta cash in ms reward points for a month of game pass for this

wish i had a series x

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I dont exect this to miss, but first forza game, waiting for reviews tomorrow to buy the add on bundle

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, I want a wheel so bad for this and Playstation Gran Turismo 7. It looks so awesome to use a wheel in this game.