• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
As much as I'm happy to see God of War dominating, as much I'm happy that Yakuza 6 made it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the real news is Yakuza 6 made it into the top 3 (SKU combined)

iNDT40g.jpg

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Japanese game are very popular in France and the country the just behind japan for anime popularity... A french guy living in Switzerland...

I had read somewhere that France was the first market for Japanese goods (outside of Japan) so yeah.
About Yakuza 6 it's even more surprising given the fact there is no French subtitles, which is crazy btw. I'm boycotting it because of it. I just can't tolerate it anymore. Will surely get it at discount though since he seems really good.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
If only Sony had released two more editions of God of War, they could have had all five spaces.
i think if the sales chart includes the digital edition it will probably be like this..

1. God Of War [Physica]
  2. God Of War [Digital]
  3. God of War [Digital Deluxe Edition]
  4. God Of War Collector's Edition
  5. God Of War Limited Edition

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
I had read somewhere that France was the first market for Japanese goods (outside of Japan) so yeah.
About Yakuza 6 it's even more surprising given the fact there is no French subtitles, which is crazy btw. I'm boycotting it because of it. I just can't tolerate it anymore. Will surely get it at discount though since he seems really good.

Third is probably germany most of comic sales are manga too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_outside_Japan

70% of comics were mangas in 2007

Here in Switzerland anime culture is growing...

Japanese third party exclusivity helps Sony in Europe...

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
If it's getting it's own thread, doing the top 3 (top 5 for Nintendo this week for whatever reason) for each console would be nice.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ

Wait, the game only has English subtitles yet it still ranked, and in France of all places? Damn that's impressive.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Wait, the game only has English subtitles yet it still ranked, and in France of all places? Damn that's impressive.

Yes and it is raked in Norway too

Source Bruno MB

Norway Top 10:

01 (NE) GOD OF WAR
02 (01) FAR CRY 5
03 (02) FIFA 18
04 (NE) YAKUZA 6: THE SONG OF LIFE
05 (221) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE
06 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE
07 (11) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION 4 EDITION
08 (03) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
09 (24) LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2
10 (14) CRASH BANDICOOT N. SANE TRILOGY

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017

More the game sells in west the more likely it would get Multi 5 support (So in addition of english it would have spanish, german, french and italian localization). Boycotting does the opposite. it's english only because of how niche series yakuza is.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Your messages is being heard loud and clear to not bother localizing Yakuza.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
More the game sells in west the more likely it would get Multi 5 support (So in addition of english it would have spanish, german, french and italian localization). Boycotting does the opposite. it's english only because of how niche series yakuza is.

The thing is I agree with you,I have bought a lot of games that didn't have FR ST BUT both Yakuza Zero and Kiwami charted in France, and P5 also charted. We, as a market, showed clear interest in niche Japanese titles now it's time for them to show interest in us. I'm just sick of giving them excuses for their lack of French support.
What I'm afraid of is that they see that their game sells despite lacking it so they won't do any more efforts. A LOT of my friends don't have the English level necessary to enjoy them and that's a shame.

Your messages is being heard loud and clear to not bother localizing Yakuza.

They didn't seemed to hear me when I bought Y0 and Kiwami. I'm not their bitch.

Edit made to not double post.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
They probably lost some sales without at least french subtitle and mostg of the anime fan would probably play the game with japanese VO and french subtitle if it was possible...

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
They probably lost some sales without at least french subtitle and mostg of the anime fan would probably play the game with japanese VO and french subtitle if it was possible...

It's P5 all over again, it's hard to convince people to still giving it a try.

About it's sales I don't think it affected them much that week, I'm more worried about it's legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.