• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
What does the full tweet say?

Is it implying From's next game is in the stormlight archives universe? lol
I think it's implying that maybe Sanderson is doing the George RR Martin thing for the next game.

Because some leaked fake art looks kinda like something from one of his books and the studio gave him a sword.

cdudeachyut

Jun 4, 2021
Regardless of the leaks Sanderson has expressed interest in working with FromSoft, so I think it's inevitable he'll be creating lore for a future game and it's going to be an original work.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
Kadokawa financial report Nov 1st / 2nd depending on time zone. Should get some official information on how well AC6 did and hopefully something about ER dlc, even if it's just an off hand comment about it.

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
IGN Japan:

FromSoftware begins recruiting large-scale development staff for "multiple new projects" and will also hold mid-career recruitment online briefing sessions

careers.fromsoftware.jp

中途採用特設ページ | FROM SOFTWARE RECRUITING WEBSITE

フロム・ソフトウェアの中途・新卒・アルバイトに関する採用情報サイトです。各募集要項やインターンシップに関する情報は、当サイトをご覧ください。「価値のある」ゲームづくりに共に真剣に取り組める仲間を募集しています。

Posted today by both From and IGN Japan, they're looking to expand big time for the coming years for multiple projects.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
IGN Japan:

FromSoftware begins recruiting large-scale development staff for "multiple new projects" and will also hold mid-career recruitment online briefing sessions

careers.fromsoftware.jp

中途採用特設ページ | FROM SOFTWARE RECRUITING WEBSITE

フロム・ソフトウェアの中途・新卒・アルバイトに関する採用情報サイトです。各募集要項やインターンシップに関する情報は、当サイトをご覧ください。「価値のある」ゲームづくりに共に真剣に取り組める仲間を募集しています。

Posted today by both From and IGN Japan, they're looking to expand big time for the coming years for multiple projects.
This seems like a huge hiring spree, with hires in pretty much every single field. I mean look at this list:
  • game planner
  • system planner
  • game programmer
  • R&D
  • graphics system
  • server engineer
  • character designer
  • background designer
  • character 3d graphic artist
  • background 3d graphic artist
  • effects artist
  • UI artist
  • motion designer
  • cinematic artist
  • technical artist
  • sound designer/composer
  • Production progress
  • PR/promotion person (advertisement)
  • Graphic designer (advertising/WEB)
  • sales
  • Equipment management and application management assistant
  • QA department manager candidate, title manager and support
  • In-house IT system construction and operation (infrastructure charge)
  • Sound assistant (part-time job)

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
First time I read that Spellbound rumour.

It's no doubt bullshit and supposedly leaked image might even be IA-generated, but I like the idea of the setting (and it not being a fully post-apocalyptic world) and the magic focus.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
Well yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Miyazaki is like "who is dis guy?"
Miyazaki being a big fantasy fan, must have at least heard of him.

They could give raises to their shoddily-paid employees :(
I remember a report back from like 2016 that From devs are somewhat underpaid, I don't know if anything changed since then. One would think that the success of DS3/Elden Ring would improve the situation.

Ilyahero

Nov 25, 2019
Kadokawa financial report Nov 1st / 2nd depending on time zone. Should get some official information on how well AC6 did and hopefully something about ER dlc, even if it's just an off hand comment about it.
You sure thats its Nov 1st? Where did you get that info?
I thought every year the date can be different. For example it was Nov 8th in 2021

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
Honestly i might be in the minority here but i hope we do get the typical main ac follow-up/sequel for AC6 at some point. there hasn't been a single main AC without at least one.

GwynDiesel

Jun 20, 2023
First time I read that Spellbound rumour.

It's no doubt bullshit and supposedly leaked image might even be IA-generated, but I like the idea of the setting (and it not being a fully post-apocalyptic world) and the magic focus.
I'm not putting a ton of stock into it myself but it has been floating around for months now with a few supposed leakers saying similar things

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
You sure thats its Nov 1st? Where did you get that info?
I thought every year the date can be different. For example it was Nov 8th in 2021
Should be tomorrow per their last financial report, could be later today for us in EU/NA depends on if they do it early morning Japan or not.

F8lP-cdWAAAPs_7

May include new ER/AC6 sales figures, plans for DLC and hopefully a targeted release for the DLC.

Last edited:

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
Kadokawa financial report: Link

Highlights:
- Armored Core sales "strong", over 700,000 units sold in Japan. No info for oversees.
- "The release timing for DLC to ELDEN RING has not yet been announced, but development is preceding smoothly"
- "Deveolop our readiness to expand the scope of Fromsoftware's own publishing"
- it doesn't mention Fromsoft specifically, but "Console Games: enhancement of development systems (increase the size of the development staff within the Group 20% or more)

This is going to sound blasphemous but Elden Ring DLC might be as late as April. If they were confident it was releasing earlier (within the fiscal year) they would be telling investors about it.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a huge hiring spree, with hires in pretty much every single field. I mean look at this list:
  • game planner
  • system planner
  • game programmer
  • R&D
  • graphics system
  • server engineer
  • character designer
  • background designer
  • character 3d graphic artist
  • background 3d graphic artist
  • effects artist
  • UI artist
  • motion designer
  • cinematic artist
  • technical artist
  • sound designer/composer
  • Production progress
  • PR/promotion person (advertisement)
  • Graphic designer (advertising/WEB)
  • sales
  • Equipment management and application management assistant
  • QA department manager candidate, title manager and support
  • In-house IT system construction and operation (infrastructure charge)
  • Sound assistant (part-time job)
Maybe they are finally gearing up for the Escaflowne shaped game Miyazaki dreams about.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Well, someone from this site who is supposedly reliable (I have no idea who this person is) claims that From is working on a PS5 exclusive game.

What are the chances of this being true?
Has anybody in the know hinted at something similar?
Only thing that is known is that Hermen Hulst mentioned From when talking about first party partners with the likes of Kojima and Team Ninja.

I believe he said it twice, one on the PSBLOG during the PS5 launch time and one via interview during a its lead up.

Since then DS2 and Rise of the Ronin has been announced.

Apparently the latter was in the works since 2015 which means Sony could've inked a deal with From way before even Elden Ring was announced but that is just speculation on my part.

Another thing to note is that Sony owns From shares but that seems more with helping From publish independently away from Bamco then anything else.

If a deal has been made I wonder if it will be a Death Stranding situation we're Sony owns the I.P like with their other collabs or if it will just be publishing like with Nioh and now arise if the Ronin were like with Team Ninja, From would own the I.P but Sony would publish.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Well, someone from this site who is supposedly reliable (I have no idea who this person is) claims that From is working on a PS5 exclusive game.

Its not impossible when you consider where From has been going and Sony's investment in them. They want to increase their revenue share from releases because BN doesnt give them a large enough cut. Ive suggested multiple times in this forum already but I can see a scenario where Sony partially funds the game, including the PS5 version's development, marketing, Q&A, current gen engine tech improvement etc. and lets From self publish on PC, while Sony takes a larger than 30% cut and keeping the game a console exclusive.

Regarding whether there was any hint, PlayStation Studio's Hermen Hulst has hinted at it multiple times in the past
Hermen Hulst said:
You should think of collaborations on the game development side first and foremost, but it's also not unthinkable with our PlayStation Productions efforts that we explore opportunities
Hermen Hulst said:
Hermen: Yeah. You know, these partnerships are very exciting. You could, I guess, make a distinction between development teams who are part of Sony — like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, and so on — and then development teams who are working with us like partners… Haven, Firewalk, but also teams we've worked with over years, like Kojima Productions, From Software.
As for the second quote, Kojima Productions has since announced DS2, which again implies the mentioning of those 2 studios specifically might have not been coincidental.

convo

Oct 25, 2017

The only other person i know that talks about knowing about the insides of Fromsoft is Lance, and the last thing he talked about is that the Elden Ring dlc is going to be huge.
Besides that making a next gen exclusive would require more man-power and would explain the big hiring spree. You don't hire a whole new studio's worth of people to slack on your capability and remain stuck on PS4/Xbone hardware. Unshackled by not having to run on an original Xbone, the next big project will probablly blow the ER dlc out of the water.
From isn't exactly the most technically gifted Studio, but they will make use of next gen hardware for a fresh start. BB was just a comically insane leap over what they managed on PS3, and they somehow got ER to run on the same hardware. Whatever comes next is going to be something they always wanted to do but were limited by Hardware, i don't know about PS5 exclusivity as in a Sony exclusive, but leaving last gen behind will only be a benefit. By the time that game comes out there will have been plenty of PS5 sales.

Sep 6, 2022
If this ends up being true, I would be very interested to see who ends up owning the IP.

Since SIE owns Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, but Fromsoft insisted on owning Sekiro and Elden Ring after leaving Dark Souls with Bandai Namco in the past etc.

I feel like in the current climate, Miyazaki would not accept a deal unless they owned the IP.

But Sony can be stubborn too, and since they own a chunk of both Fromsoft and it's parent company, maybe they would leverage that in negotiating a deal.

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022
If this ends up being true, I would be very interested to see who ends up owning the IP.

Since SIE owns Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, but Fromsoft insisted on owning Sekiro and Elden Ring after leaving Dark Souls with Bandai Namco in the past etc.

I feel like in the current climate, Miyazaki would not accept a deal unless they owned the IP.

But Sony can be stubborn too, and since they own a chunk of both Fromsoft and it's parent company, maybe they would leverage that in negotiating a deal.
Bandai Namco owns Elden Ring too.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Elden Ring is at the very least a co ownership. If From does part ways with Bandai Namco like Kadokawa has been hinting at for over a year, it is likely the end of that IP after the expansion.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
It makes sense if this is the end of the Elden Ring IP (if From moves away from Bandai) that they would make this DLC be more like a sequel with a proper final ending to all storylines and end the IP with a bang. I'm thinking this is going to be around half the size of the original game. They've been working on it for almost 2 years by now and without having to worry about a new engine.

Sep 6, 2022

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately

It's not my leak I just happened to be watching his live when he shared this, so I can't say anything beyond that. As far as his professional '''''reputation'''' goes, he is a very respected gaming journalist with a lot of doors opened in the industry, and not that it's relevant in this case, he seems to be a very nice person too. he also used to be a mod here.

he also said that the project kind of started at the beginning of the pandemic (in 2020) and he doesn't believe it's a Déraciné sequel because since no one has talked about it ever since he thinks it's something bigger. He also said he has no information if it is a sequel to Bloodborne, he doesn't think so.

Sep 6, 2022
It's not my leak I just happened to be watching his live when he shared this, so I can't say anything beyond that. As far as his professional '''''reputation'''' goes, he is a very respected gaming journalist with a lot of doors opened in the industry, and not that it's relevant in this case, he seems to be a very nice person too. he also used to be a mod here.

he also said that the project kind of started at the beginning of the pandemic (in 2020) and he doesn't believe it's a Déraciné sequel because since no one has talked about it ever since he thinks it's something bigger. He also said he has no information if it is a sequel to Bloodborne, he doesn't think so.
Oh sorry.

I should have specified that I was referring to the person that you were referring to as well.

Apologies.

A project that was started in 2020 would probably not be ready until like 2025 if I had to guess. Since Fromsoft had their hands full with Elden Ring and Armored Core 6.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary

If this is true, this should be the abstract fantasy thing? Let's hope for a 2024 reveal and a 2025 release.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
FromSoftware's future lineup (complete speculation):

2025 - New IP: Action-Adventure fantasy title - Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki.
2026 - New IP: Sci-Fi Action/horror - Directed by Kazuhiro Hamatani.
2028 - New IP: Abstract fantasy game - Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki.
2030 - Next major dark fantasy ARPG.

japonesthetique2.jpg
Ckyl8KlVEAA4VJK
biomega_6_z1.jpg

I believe this will be the "new IP generation" for FromSoftware. We won't be seeing multiple sequels like we saw last gen with DS1-3 IMO.

Hoping for fresh non-Western, non-medieval settings. Whether it be Dark Fantasy + Mecha, horror sci-fi, or Ancient China/Japan + dark fantasy etc.
Whatever it is, I'm there day 1.

convo

Oct 25, 2017

japonesthetique2.jpg
Ckyl8KlVEAA4VJK
biomega_6_z1.jpg

I believe this will be the "new IP generation" for FromSoftware. We won't be seeing multiple sequels like we saw last gen with DS1-3 IMO.

Hoping for fresh non-Western, non-medieval settings. Whether it be Dark Fantasy + Mecha, horror sci-fi, or Ancient China/Japan + dark fantasy etc.
All great choices although i think some Elden Ring sequels are going to get in there cause of the IP strategy of Kadokawa and Bandai wanting to make some bank with the Elden Ring IP. I myself would have no problem if Shadow of the Erdtree is the last game content for Elden Ring, and Bandai and Kadokawa can make an anime or Movie or whatever else with it, maybe sell the booklet Martin wrote for the game. But it doesn't seem likley, gotta pay the bills you know.
Biomega, Blame! or any other Nihei inspired work is a dream of many people who know both Fromsoftware and Nihei's work, but it seems really hard to make a game out of the settings, many fan works kinda approached it with varying levels of success.
I would love it though, Nihei has been in a depressed state because his publisher and kids don't seem to care for his works, if Fromsoftware could shine the limelight onto him for more people to appreciate him that would be great.

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022

japonesthetique2.jpg
Ckyl8KlVEAA4VJK
biomega_6_z1.jpg

Man i missed these posts. :D last one was about pirate souls i think.
but i think Yamamura going to direct some projects too in the future and i WANT him to.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
Wish we had a better idea of who "Brazil" was besides the fact they're a Brazilian game journo. Not really a lot to go on there in terms of determining whether or not the leak is real.