ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping now that Shadow of the Erdtree development is wrapping up that we get a teaser for their next game at Summer Game Fest next month...
It'll be their first proper current gen title, so I'm very excited. New IP + Kazuhiro Hamatani directing, with Miyazaki's next game releasing in 2027-2028, is all my personal speculation.

I don't think they'll release a major game until 2026, so I don't see them revealing their next title until 2025.

Sci-fi horror + action, Fromsoft. Please! 🙏

DdL84qqXkAEcSHD
blame-viaje-silencio-09.jpg

#Biomega from Manga and Stuff
sVcL3bb.jpeg

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
that seems like a long gap between major releases...Armored Core VI was released in 2023...was AC6 even considered a major release?...they released that in August 2023 which goes against their usual Feb/March release time frame...Elden Ring was 2022

Sekiro to ER was 3 years and sekiro didn't have dlc to shorten that gap. Before that DS3 is 2016 with dlc. AC6 is on par with sekiro in scope in my opinion. Deracine is the only one that might be considered on the smaller side and that's 2018. It's possible that shadows of the erdtree might be considered fairly major too. We won't know till we are done with it though.

3 years out from AC6 is probably sensible. Whether they decide to show something 2 or more years out again (I recall them lamenting showing ER too early in retrospect) is hard to say. Also, I am curious if they would show dlc for expansion for AC6 (assuming it exists) before or after next game's reveal. IIRC I think ds2 dlc and bloodborne were revealed around the same time.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
It'll be their first proper current gen title, so I'm very excited. New IP + Kazuhiro Hamatani directing, with Miyazaki's next game releasing in 2027-2028, is all my personal speculation.

I don't think they'll release a major game until 2026, so I don't see them revealing their next title until 2025.

Sci-fi horror + action, Fromsoft. Please! 🙏

DdL84qqXkAEcSHD
blame-viaje-silencio-09.jpg

#Biomega from Manga and Stuff
sVcL3bb.jpeg
I REALLY need to get around to reading Biomega.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
Sekiro to ER was 3 years and sekiro didn't have dlc to shorten that gap. Before that DS3 is 2016 with dlc. AC6 is on par with sekiro in scope in my opinion. Deracine is the only one that might be considered on the smaller side and that's 2018. It's possible that shadows of the erdtree might be considered fairly major too. We won't know till we are done with it though.

3 years out from AC6 is probably sensible. Whether they decide to show something 2 or more years out again (I recall them lamenting showing ER too early in retrospect) is hard to say. Also, I am curious if they would show dlc for expansion for AC6 (assuming it exists) before or after next game's reveal. IIRC I think ds2 dlc and bloodborne were revealed around the same time.
For one, I don't think the whole ER team remained to work on the DLC, I think they have had several projects running in parallel in the last couple of years (some interviews back this up) and it's not unlikely that one will be completed in the next 1-2 years.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
For one, I don't think the whole ER team remained to work on the DLC, I think they have had several projects running in parallel in the last couple of years (some interviews back this up) and it's not unlikely that one will be completed in the next 1-2 years.

It doesn't need to be the whole team, but from what we know so far (~2 years since first mention, limgrave but more dense, etc) It appears to be significantly larger undertaking than their other DLCs, even Old Hunter. I'm sure other projects are moving but I would imagine shadows would have taken notable amount of resources from future projects during the last 2 years.

As far as information goes, I think it really comes down to whether they will show things more than a year out again, especially since they are now self-publishing. ER's reveal was the outlier all things considered.

Jun 2, 2019
I really wonder what they will do next. Armored Core VI just came out and Elden Ring DLC is right around the corner, so what happens next? Will they make Elden Ring 2 and more Armored Core, will they go back to smaller Souls games, or will they make something completely different?

Apr 3, 2020
The possibility of showing their next project in the next month isn't zero, but still slim

it's entirely depends on their next project release date, I do think remember they've been talking about having yearly inputs and short period between announcements and release

Ofc, these plans are thrown off because covid and ER development, so I hope they back on track for what their were planning before that

a0mineda1k1

Dec 13, 2022
Don't think they reveal next game in SGF while ER DLC is not out yet. Best bet is TGA 2024 and q1 2026 release date.
TGA 2024: Short Vague cinematic teaser without release date or window.
SGF 2025: Gameplay trailer with q1 2026 release date

Gravelord

Jul 19, 2023
Don't think they reveal next game in SGF while ER DLC is not out yet. Best bet is TGA 2024 and q1 2026 release date.

if it's a new ip that would be fine...but if it's something like Bloodborne 2 or Demon's Souls 2 then a longer marketing window would be better

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
means 2025 is the perfect window for AC6 DLC and BB remaster/remake (copium)

Apr 3, 2020

They were working on BB DLC when they announced DS3 (which it announced months further in TGS)

It's entirely depends on their next project release date, if they are going to announce the game in TGA2024, it will release 2025 autumn (9 months gap) they've been doing that since like DS1

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
DLC looks packed with lots of unique enemies and bosses. From is cooking with that primal fire. This will be the new goat DLC, usurping The Old Hunters.

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
I would be surprised if From is in the late stage of production of another game at this point. They have released Elden Ring, Armored Core VI and Shadows of the Erdtree back-to-back, all projects with long development cycles, perhaps inflated by COVID somewhat, but it shows that even From can't keep up with their previous high rate of releasing games and DLC. So releasing another game in 2025 or in the start of 2026 seems highly unlikely.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I would be surprised if From is in the late stage of production of another game at this point. They have released Elden Ring, Armored Core VI and Shadows of the Erdtree back-to-back, all projects with long development cycles, perhaps inflated by COVID somewhat, but it shows that even From can't keep up with their previous high rate of releasing games and DLC. So releasing another game in 2025 or in the start of 2026 seems highly unlikely.
That's assuming that only these projects were in production, which I don't think is the case.

Supreme Leader Galahad

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I really need From to expand the movement, like in Sekiro, maybe take some cues from Jedi Survivor, i want to see Froms design go crazy, make levels feels like bosses (double jump, air dash and wall run would be enough). Also ok if they wont do another Bloodbone but stop with the fucking medieval adjacent fantasy, its overplayed. I hope Miya doesnt stop directing, that would kill me.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I really need From to expand the movement, like in Sekiro, maybe take some cues from Jedi Survivor, i want to see Froms design go crazy, make levels feels like bosses (double jump, air dash and wall run would be enough). Also ok if they wont do another Bloodbone but stop with the fucking medieval adjacent fantasy, its overplayed. I hope Miya doesnt stop directing, that would kill me.
I'll never get bored of Medieval fantasy, but I don't think the next game will be medieval. The team put all of their medieval stuff into Elden Ring already.

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
ER has enough "traditional" souls and medieval fantasy for me for two more games especially with the DLC.

Their next game has to be new-new crazy different.