• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What Do You Think From Software's New Game Will Be When Finally Revealed?

• New Soulsborne Title

Votes: 503 30.3%
  • New Tenchu Game

Votes: 233 14.0%
  • New Shadow Tower

Votes: 71 4.3%
  • Brand New or Unexpected IP

Votes: 642 38.6%
  • Metal Wolf Chaos 2 Obama Boogaloo

Votes: 213 12.8%

• Total voters

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about it the more I think it's going to be something new and unexpected. Definitely looks to be horror inspired. Maybe even a Tenchu inspired game given what we know from the teaser (kunai, Japanese characters)

But I'm still Demon Souls -> Dark Souls, Bloodborne -> "Shadows Die Twice". I don't think FromSoftware makes another Bloodborne game, maybe ever.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Guys. The words translated in the trailer are..."Blood. Harvest. Stench. Sharp edged tool/device".

Bloodborne 2 for E3 HYPE?

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Why do people so desperately want Bloodborne 2? The team is clearly talented enough to take the soulsborne formula and apply it to new worlds and art styles. Wouldn't anything by this team be worth anticipating?

This is how I feel. I'd be happy with a Bloodborne 2, but I hope for a new IP. And I consider Bloodborne the best game ever. I guess I just don't care for sequels that much.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Guys. The words translated in the trailer are..."Blood. Harvest. Stench. Sharp edged tool/device".

Bloodborne 2 for E3 HYPE?
Wait what. Source? You mean the scrawl in the background was translated as that? There are no words, otherwise...

"Shadows die twice."
"Shadows" makes me think Tenchu. "Die" makes me think Soulsborne.

Oct 27, 2017
Russia, Moscow
Just my guess. From software's next game will be Armored core. IIRC it was stated to be in development by Miyazaki a long time ago. The game from the trailer will launch later.

Why? It sounds kinda awesome to me, especially since we've had five games based on European aesthetics.

Because we just got Nioh, and will get Ghost of Tsushima by the time. Oversaturation of a niche market. Besides, Soulsborne games, while based on European aestethics, never felt restrained in design, it's the gameplay formula that got old.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
BloodIIborne.

I don't want any niche older title from FROM.

Miyazaki is there saving grace!

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Except not nearly as good or inspired, everything in Nioh was very mediocre and repetitive other than the combat system.

The combat system is fun, but gets old very quickly as you are always fighting that 5 types of enemies over and over again.

Hmmm... didn't get old for me. Ki Pulse is a game changer. Nioh Combat is just so much better than Souls combat, that nothing else mattered IMO

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... didn't get old for me. Ki Pulse is a game changer. Nioh Combat is just so much better than Souls combat, that nothing else mattered IMO

That's how I felt. Very different approach to combat as well. If anything people approaching it from a Souls perspective are going to miss a lot of what makes it excel. If they can ignore the label people have lumped it with and approach the combat from a character-action perspective instead there is one of the deepest combat systems in any game.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
The thing with Nioh for me is that I don't like the art direction... I've been going through it extremely slowly since I bought it on release - I'm only in the third region. The art style is just so... Dark and drab to me - it's pretty uninteresting to look at. What I like about the Souls games is that despite the fact that the colours tend to be quite muted, they still have a wide variety of interesting and sometimes breathtaking sceneries that just make them interesting to explore. Nioh just misses the mark there for me. Not a fan of the repeated levels and the loot either but if the game was visually appealing I don't think I would care that much.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
Hypron

I feel you. If you love Souls for the lore, vistas and level design... yeah, Nioh will not click with you.
By contrast, I loved the Soulsborne games mostly because of the combat system and hated the secret doors, cryptic messages and never cared for the lore.

Nioh basically gives you a small map, tells you: go there and let's you go crazy with the combat. Then you get loot and do it all over on the same (or similar) map.
If you are into the combat, you will have no problems to fight Onrokis again and again and again. Nioh is like a combat sports game in that sense.

Just like GC- said, Nioh is all about action and was never trying to compete with Souls.

Last edited:

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
60 pages and counting for a game with no title and a 5 second CG clip with no context.

Keep it going, guys :P

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I can understand the Bloodborne hunger, but I'm craving Armored Core pretty bad. Seems like they're intent on being vague with their intentions for an eternity :). Could be worse though, if they've just left the series completely untouched - there seems at least an intention to do something with the franchise again.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
okay so the source on that translation claim seems to be an unsourced post on r/bloodborne

so it's probably bullshit

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I voted completely new IP in the poll thing. As much as I love Souls and Bloodborne I think From wants to move on.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm hoping it's bloodborne but since it seems to be set in Japan, I hope it keeps the lovecraftian element rather than dark spirits because it nees to be different from Nioh.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I voted Tenchu only because I'm a Tenchu stan.

I've been whining about a new one for so many years.

If it's not, which I'm guessing is the case. Hopefully Sucker Punch delivers on that itch.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I'm always very curious about the period of time at Fromsoftware beginning with the release of Dark Souls in 2011 and culminating with the release of Dark Souls 3 in 2016. After a relatively quick turnaround on Dark Souls (released 17 months after Demon's Souls), there was a 2.5 period with no releases, followed by yearly releases every March for three years (DS2, BB, DS3). Of course they weren't working on DS2 for 2.5 years and then BB and DS3 for one year each… so I wonder how the development processes went for those three games. Were DS2 and Bloodborne being worked on in parallel? Perhaps the DS2 team began work on DS3 and then the Bloodborne team joined them after the game released in 2015? Do we have any concrete information about how development went during this period?

Perhaps they are in another such period of simultaneous development now, having alluded to three games in development (dark fantasy RPG, Armored Core, something new). A release in Fall 2018 would be 2.5 years after DS3, and could be the beginning of another amazing run of games from From.