JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soAct9da20A
Subbed trailer. It seems like they added an amnesia subplot.

news01_img.jpg

Kouji's pilot suit, a mix of his TFO and Mazinger Z suits.

Also, the Japanese site has been updated with more complete bios. This time it's explained the Grendizer can only be piloted by special people who have the "Starker"(? Maybe I'm missing something, スターカー) GN talent, whatever that means, and Duke is one of those. However, there's also an entire group of "Starker Knights" working for the Vegans, and you can see a Grendizer-like silver robot in the trailer. So, in addition to the Mazinger Z, we'll see a bunch of new Grendizer-like robots through the series.

grendizer-official.net

TVアニメ「グレンダイザーU」公式サイト

2023年放送開始!TVアニメ「グレンダイザーU」の公式サイトです。

The amnesia thing actually has some precedent for the franchise. In Gousaku Ota's manga, Duke begins the series unaware of his identity, having undergone a memory wipe so he could live on Earth in peace. This was then reused in the Grendizer Giga manga.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wonder if Maria starts as an enemy pilot, she's sounding rather aggressive in the trailer

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about the anime itself, but I'm glad we'll now have a chance to see Grendizer once again in a future Super Robot Wars.

rubbish_opinions

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 8, 2021
Grendizer looks fine, I don't really like the sleeker Spazer but I guess it can work. Character design for Daisuke and Koji is terrible, and for now I really hate what I've heard of the soundtrack. The original OST was really dramatic and memorable with lots of horns and strings.
All in all I understand the struggle of making this appealing at the same time to 50-years old who loved Grendizer/Goldrake/Goldorak and to whoever (presumably much younger) is watching this for the first time.
Looks really cheap, however.