• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ah ok. Cause many people in the comments said they would see someone in the back doing something, I guess they meant this?

oewS41L.png

And I couldn't stop thinking about that after reading where they found her....

R.I.P.
It's not a person. In the 4K version you can tell it's just part of the ground.

59i81or.png

She was found much further from the road.

m5sKnA5.jpeg

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing about this guy is screaming "plans." The snippets we have about him make me think he is deeply stupid and that every action he's taken since whatever he did to her has been about immediate self-preservation.

yah it smelled like this from the beginning to be honest. His IG doesn't really paint him in the brightest light.

Without his parents to lean on, I picture this story would have been one and done after he figured his only option was to call police. I picture they guided/instructed him the best they could while telling him it's going to be alright.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious where this was confirmed? All news sources say it was "consistent" i see nothing confirmed it was her though highly likely.

The investigators were confident enough to offer condolences to her family yesterday. No doubt they couldn't say anything was definitive without an autopsy, but their statement made it sound like that was a formality as far as identification is concerned.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
By this point it's likely. Dude's about to get his parents sent off for aiding and abetting while he's on the run
Yeah they can be hit with both. If they can show they aided him immediately after the murder to hide evidence or the body and if they can prove they helped him run. Both of them aren't reaches based on their very public actions.

It's weird I understand the love a parent has for a child and usually it's noble but I legit want them to throw the book at his parents about as much as I want them to find him.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they can be hit with both. If they can show they aided him immediately after the murder to hide evidence or the body and if they can prove they helped him run. Both of them aren't reaches based on their very public actions.

It's weird I understand the love a parent has for a child and usually it's noble but I legit want them to throw the book at his parents about as much as I want them to find him.

It's one thing to love and try to protect your child. Like I understand they may not know what happened, but they knew it wasn't good. I understand even getting him a lawyer. But to go cold silent and not say ANYTHING to Gabby's family. Someone who was about to be your daughter in law? Nah. They knew something. They didn't bother to report that girl missing the entire time Brian was back?

Again they knew something. Personally I'll find it hard to believe they didn't know he killed her at some point before the body was found. At the very least they knew he left her behind to fiend for herself.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
It's one thing to love and try to protect your child. Like I understand they may not know what happened, but they knew it wasn't good. I understand even getting him a lawyer. But to go cold silent and not say ANYTHING to Gabby's family. Someone who was about to be your daughter in law? Nah. They knew something. They didn't bother to report that girl missing the entire time Brian was back?

Again they knew something. Personally I'll find it hard to believe they didn't know he killed her at some point before the body was found. At the very least they knew he left her behind to fiend for herself.
They've acted like they were attempting to stall or even thwart the investigation from the start. The fact they didn't report him missing until after the police came to the home looking for him is the biggest FU of all. To put it into context, their actions scream of people knowledgeable of the law, using that knowledge to get around the law. Their small fries now, but I hope the DA comes for them eventually.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how trash you gotta be for not only killing your GF but letting your family take the heat for you. Think the only one who probably didn't help him escape was the sister

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting that the lawyer's statement tomorrow tries to paint Gabby in a bad light and claim she was the main abuser in the relationship. Its really the only play they have left; attack the victim.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's a little weird it hasn't been confirmed yet, like DNA can't take that long to process in this day and age.
They said Tuesday, yesterday. So they knew how long it would take from the start. With the pandemic, it could be that the coroner office is currently overwhelmed. There are also probably lots of different factors that I can't even think of, like maybe they wanted certain people involved with it.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
It's a little weird it hasn't been confirmed yet, like DNA can't take that long to process in this day and age.
It's not just DNA. They probably don't need DNA in this case anyway. But they do need a full forensic examine before they can official "confirm" it's her. DNA is only one part. Dental records are what usually confirm a body

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
They've acted like they were attempting to stall or even thwart the investigation from the start. The fact they didn't report him missing until after the police came to the home looking for him is the biggest FU of all. To put it into context, their actions scream of people knowledgeable of the law, using that knowledge to get around the law. Their small fries now, but I hope the DA comes for them eventually.
It could be a Federal prosecutor at this point since the FBI is on the case. She was found in a national park and I believe that is an FBI thing. The police are just there to assist at this point.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
the thought that she spent the last days of her life anxious, depressed and scared, being emotionally and physically abused by the man who was supposed to love her before dying a probably brutal death and being left to rot is just........... god.
It's gut wrenching and upsetting to think on. The only remaining hope is that Brian is caught and gives an accurate and honest account so at least the parents can have something to process and, with time, get any amount of closure over those final days. From his actions since returning though, I'm not holding out hope and that is just awful.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Damn what a fucked up story. Would not be surprised he lied to his parents and parents being….parents they believed him.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked the timeline alone hasn't gotten his parents arrested yet. Absolutely disgusting what they're doing.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty clear there was a very toxic relationship at play. The Guy hated her ambitions and instead of going their separate ways so he could do whatever he wanted and let her live her dream he instead opted to stick around and shit all over her dreams until it got toxic enough he killed her.
Daily reminder too that Gabby was Brian's fiance and that the parents knew Gabby like family, she literally has lived with them for over a year.
Yup that's one of the huge red flags. She lived with them for over a year and was their future Daughter in law and yet they have shown nothing but cold indifference. I mean ghosting her family for weeks and then all the bullshit. They can claim innocence until the day they die but there is no way they are.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
From the warrant - the last text exchange between 'Gabby' and her mother and why she suspected it wasn't her texting:

screenshot_20210921-0y8kt8.jpg

Also, I know it's been known for the longest time but every time I read anything around this part it absolutely sickens me.

screenshot_20210921-0rkj0y.jpg

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
I watched the entire body cam footage when it came out and one of the officers (about halfway in or so) specifically talked about what the witness said, (or "talked to the witness") and recalled how the witness did not see Brian hitting Gabby at all. That was a CRUCIAL point of information that led them deciding to have Gabby be the aggressor and Brian the victim (well, that information plus both of them not wanting to accuse each other and Gabby ultimately taking the blame).

So my question is…how the hell did the officer get that interpretation when the recording CLEAR AS DAY says that the guy was slapping the girl..and repeated that fact when asked to confirm. What…? Why did they not get that information when doing the roadside investigation and checkup? I just don't understand. That to me is a huge fuckup. This entire horror show could have ended then and there. Really upsetting…

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Good luck with the rest too. Changing cops for social workers, that's going to take a heck lot of work too because of the system in place. Might work on both at the same time and see what sticks.
My wife is a social worker. They don't want to work with potentially dangerous men in these situations. It's never going to happen.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
My wife is a social worker. They don't want to work with potentially dangerous men in these situations. It's never going to happen.
Well, I can't say I blame them. The thing is that, the whole training for social workers and Police officer is likely incompatible, so how are you going to suddenly ask for social workers to jump on the field and deal with them? That is unless you drop them with Police officers, but then, the dynamic is entirely different.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Parents are definitely looking at prison and possibly losing their entire wealth if a civil suit is filed. Hope they freeze their assets the moment the cuffs are slapped on.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I know it's been known for the longest time but every time I read anything around this part it absolutely sickens me.

screenshot_20210921-0rkj0y.jpg

Yeah and with the proof he arrived back on 9/1, that is a decent amount of time to plan a next move before she was reported missing. If he had help, he could be anywhere.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I think the grandpa/Stan text was prompted because her grandpa was calling her phone frequently asking for help (tech stuff maybe?) and Brian was trying to get her mom to help the grandpa with it so he would stop calling. Maybe he thought the grandpa would tell the parents that Gabby wasn't answering and it would have caused their alarm bells to go off earlier. If this was on the 27th and it in fact was Brian sending the text this would have more than likely been in the first several hours after her passing.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Well, I can't say I blame them. The thing is that, the whole training for social workers and Police officer is likely incompatible, so how are you going to suddenly ask for social workers to jump on the field and deal with them? That is unless you drop them with Police officers, but then, the dynamic is entirely different.
Yeah they would have to work together but it's still dangerous.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here know how accurate coroners can determine approximate date of death? That would probably confirm for sure if someone other than Gabby was texting.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
They won't "arrest" the parents because they immediately lawyered up. They aren't going to answer questions, and there isn't any evidence to charge them at this point.

When people don't talk to the police, it generally takes quite a bit of time to get charges happening. The chance of being charged in any crime goes dramatically down when you don't speak to the police or when witnesses don't.

They may never be able to develop a case though; we'll have to see.. but it could be weeks or months before charges if they can find evidence of wrongdoing by the parents.