ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nikke

No Mica yet, boo.

Grinding story battles now and wow, the difficulty caught up me with quick. Fairly sure enemies started out at 78k at the start of chapter 18 and about 3/4 through they're already at 88k whereas my current squad is 84k or so. In practice it's not a big deal because Liter/Naga/RH/Modernia/Scarlet rip through everything, but still. Had hoped I would be able to progress a bit further before this happened.

Edit
There we go. As always, whining about it online helps.

qd0uUeq.jpg

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
No amount of complaining has done me any good with these banners for Nikke. 10x advanced voucher for Mica... absolutely nothing. The remaining two on Ludmilla... nope. Going against my better judgment and going with one 10x gem pull for Mica after collecting SP arena winnings... nada. Fine, screw it, I'll just wait until the next banner. More than a bit annoyed to continue not having even unrelated SSRs to show for all of that.

Literally the only good thing that's happened with rolls in this game recently was getting a Blanc dupe with a high-grade mold... which is nice and all, but still only brings her to 1-star for me while I could've used one more dupe for Privaty or Soda more, in addition to the fact that I still don't have Noir to put on teams with Blanc.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Honestly I will probably stop doing multis in Nikke. All anecdotal and confirmation bias, but I never ever get anything from them while my SSR rate on individual pulls feels fairly high.

Last time I did multis was with Ludmilla and I got like 6 SRs total in 20 pulls/2 multis, the rest was all blue. It's so demoralizing.

I mean the rates are completely the same so it shouldn't matter how you pull. But seeing your gems evaporate in a second on another bad multi is worse than pulling one by one, where at least there's the chance that the next pull will be better without losing too much if it's not.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Oh, the video's a bit more NSFW than I thought.

Summer event in Echocalypse! Just in time for...Christmas!

Oct 26, 2017
Is this supposed to also come to Playstation?
Since they moved away from the very dreary environment and atmosphere (I guess they initially wanted to set themselves apart from Genshin like this) I'm much more interested in this.

Not officially announced for it yet but there's signs pointing to possible PS5 development.

Nice to see the world being a bit more colorful but not to the level of Genshin. I think they've hit sweet spot there.

Project Mugen is really really interesting as well. The open world city and cyberpunk theme is enough to put it on my radar.

Wow, this really does look very Genshin like. But that might not be a bad thing.

This vid is from a few months ago but shows how they've been working on the environment. The initial tech test was drab as hell, but they've been working on the contrast between the normal areas with nature and the ones affected by the Tacet distortion stuff.

It makes the distorted areas stand out more when you're moving from a fairly colourful area into one that's drained from it. Similar to the Withering areas in Sumeru.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsmpEwyN1M8

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
took me a while to download echocalypse because it didn't look like a real game lol there's a lot of high quality assets to the characters so it has that appeal going for it but it's pretty much a simple idle battler after a very long hand holding tutorial i can't really say what i played was good but i can see this giving you a fix if you need some junk gacha food

i hardly actively play nikke but i feel like im in burn out mode it's been event after event

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I will probably stop doing multis in Nikke. All anecdotal and confirmation bias, but I never ever get anything from them while my SSR rate on individual pulls feels fairly high.

Last time I did multis was with Ludmilla and I got like 6 SRs total in 20 pulls/2 multis, the rest was all blue. It's so demoralizing.

I mean the rates are completely the same so it shouldn't matter how you pull. But seeing your gems evaporate in a second on another bad multi is worse than pulling one by one, where at least there's the chance that the next pull will be better without losing too much if it's not.
I should try quitting multis there myself, even with having had decent luck with SSRs that weren't the banner characters other than Tove in the past. I don't even do them in PGR, BA being the only game aside from Nikke where I do so (and BA making it impossible to carry over recruitment points between banners means that I haven't bothered pulling for anyone since the anniversary to avoid wasting resources).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I literally waited in Nikke till the last 20 minutes of the current Arena Season, even spent 100 gems to get another go at it, to get to Challenger 4... And I got it... but I guess the other person had the same idea and so just after I signed off, they won the fight and kicked me down back to Challenger 7... so instead of a profit of 200 gems... I lost 100 gems lol

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
I literally waited in Nikke till the last 20 minutes of the current Arena Season, even spent 100 gems to get another go at it, to get to Challenger 4... And I got it... but I guess the other person had the same idea and so just after I signed off, they won the fight and kicked me down back to Challenger 7... so instead of a profit of 200 gems... I lost 100 gems lol
20 mins worth of staying at higher position won't really affect the final position for season reward most of the time

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Missed a bunch of Path to Nowhere events and decided to watch them on YouTube. What's the best one I should check out first?

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Missed a bunch of Path to Nowhere events and decided to watch them on YouTube. What's the best one I should check out first?
If you're up to date in the campaign then the Anniversary event is the most important, start with Rahu's part (Rain Burst), then Shalom's (Flora Unfurl) then Rahu / Coquelic / Shalom's interrogations if you can.

Otherwise the top events for me have been DisCars (Deren/Owo), Dreamy Bubble (Serpent) and honestly I'm enjoying the current one too.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Update on Nikke (I started on Anniversary)

Coming up on 160 Wall already with just Smol White MLB, so its going to take a while.

Story chapter 18
Sim Room - 5C Full clear if I farm a few buffs
Special Interception
  • Chatterbox - Kill
  • Blacksmith - Kill
  • Modernia - 8
  • Grave Digger - 7
  • Train - 5
I have about 60k Crystals + 80 rainbow tix saved, will wait for a good Burst 2 to MLB and help break the wall. So far I only rolled Red Hood and Xmas Ludmilla banner, and used the discounted pulls + blue tickets on normal wishlist banner.

Notable Unit-wise
  • Burst 1: Liter (LB2), Dorothy, Miranda (LB2), Pepper, Tove
  • Burst 2: Rupee, Marciana, Novel, Dolla
  • Burst 3: Red Hood (LB1), XLudmilla, Smol White (MLB), Snow White, Alice, Privaty (LB1), Helm, Blanc, Julia (LB1)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Any other games of the same quality as Another Eden and Octopath COTC?

In all my travels, those are the only two really kept my attention and its because they felt like proper RPG adventures complete with towns, dungeons, etc. They also didn't have any energy system to worry about stopping progress.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Any other games of the same quality as Another Eden and Octopath COTC?

In all my travels, those are the only two really kept my attention and its because they felt like proper RPG adventures complete with towns, dungeons, etc. They also didn't have any energy system to worry about stopping progress.
Last Cloudia. It's a bit older but doesn't have a stamina system in the traditional sense. You'll be limited by their version of a stamina system for like a week then you can play as much as you want. It's a DEEP game though with a lot of mechanics, so beware.

Girls Frontline has a similar system with a non-traditional energy system that uses "stamina" to heal your units. But you get a ton of it. Also a very complex game.

Is Romancing Saga still up and running? That game has stamina but you get so much that it might as well not exist as well. It's a little simpler too.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Last Cloudia. It's a bit older but doesn't have a stamina system in the traditional sense. You'll be limited by their version of a stamina system for like a week then you can play as much as you want. It's a DEEP game though with a lot of mechanics, so beware.
I have to say the sprite work in Last Cloud looks spectacular, surprised I hadn't heard of it before. It also seems to have a steam version which is neat (assuming it isn't busted like Another Eden's was).

I know these games aren't shakespeare but are the story and characters pretty decent?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about Last Cloudia is the event grind. They allow auto repeat for the main story stuff but won't implement it for the events for...some reason?

If they don't want to add skip fine, but just let me set a number of runs on auto so I don't need to sit by my phone and tap "Repeat" every few seconds.

Badb

Feb 14, 2023
Romancing Saga just had a 3.0 revamp so it's a good time to try that out if you like RPG battle systems. No dungeons or towns but it's nice.

JP Romancing Saga just got background repeat, excited for that since I got spoiled by it in WOTV.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
If you're up to date in the campaign then the Anniversary event is the most important, start with Rahu's part (Rain Burst), then Shalom's (Flora Unfurl) then Rahu / Coquelic / Shalom's interrogations if you can.

Otherwise the top events for me have been DisCars (Deren/Owo), Dreamy Bubble (Serpent) and honestly I'm enjoying the current one too.

I'm actually behind. Can't get past chapter 10 even with story mode(or rather don't have the patience).. One reason I stopped watching events as it seems it takes place after latest chapters. Does the current one also take place after?

Love dream bubble and discars, Think I stopped a couple events after that.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I'm actually behind. Can't get past chapter 10 even with story mode(or rather don't have the patience).. One reason I stopped watching events as it seems it takes place after latest chapters. Does the current one also take place after?

Love dream bubble and discars, Think I stopped a couple events after that.
The current one should be safe, and Mantis's thing was short because it basically just introduced the mode. it was really only the Anniversary one that loosely continued the plot.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say the sprite work in Last Cloud looks spectacular, surprised I hadn't heard of it before. It also seems to have a steam version which is neat (assuming it isn't busted like Another Eden's was).

I know these games aren't shakespeare but are the story and characters pretty decent?
I'd say Last Cloudia has a pretty good story. It gets better the further in you get too.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Speaking of events, what were people's favorite events this year? Mine were:

Lone Trail: Arknights (peak Arknights)
Discars: Path to Nowhere (Still like Dream Bubble more but this was fantastic).
Nightmare at Green Lake: Reverse 1999

Haven't played Nikke yet, from the sound of it one of those might be here if i did.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
Update on Nikke (I started on Anniversary)

Coming up on 160 Wall already with just Smol White MLB, so its going to take a while.

Story chapter 18
Sim Room - 5C Full clear if I farm a few buffs
Special Interception
  • Chatterbox - Kill
  • Blacksmith - Kill
  • Modernia - 8
  • Grave Digger - 7
  • Train - 5
I have about 60k Crystals + 80 rainbow tix saved, will wait for a good Burst 2 to MLB and help break the wall. So far I only rolled Red Hood and Xmas Ludmilla banner, and used the discounted pulls + blue tickets on normal wishlist banner.

Notable Unit-wise
  • Burst 1: Liter (LB2), Dorothy, Miranda (LB2), Pepper, Tove
  • Burst 2: Rupee, Marciana, Novel, Dolla
  • Burst 3: Red Hood (LB1), XLudmilla, Smol White (MLB), Snow White, Alice, Privaty (LB1), Helm, Blanc, Julia (LB1)

For Modernia SI, are you breaking the core then just one wing? If you can beat other SI bosses you should be able to beat her easily.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

Haven't played Nikke yet, from the sound of it one of those might be here if i did.
Octopath COTC/Nier Automata crossover.

Even if I was viciously denied 2B over multiple pulls.

Not that 9S isn't cool...but still.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I started playing Nikke during its second summer event (Sea, You, Again) which is also my pick. From getting Sparkling Anis as my first pull on my first multi to the BBQ minigame to the badass and heartwarming conclusion to the story, that event had everything. Can't wait for it to be added to the archive.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Gave it one more try and went with single pulls for the banners, five individual ones each rather than any more 10x pulls. Not. One. Damn. Thing. Continuing to get nothing for regular discounted or voucher pulls either, social pulls turning up nothing being more whatever than anything else.

Starting to feel like I used up all of my luck in Nikke in the months before this one, and it's more than a bit demoralizing.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017

We've got similar picks. Discars was my favorite gacha event this year, and since I missed the first run, the Dreamy Bubble rerun is right there next to it for me. I also loved Flora Unfurl.

For Reverse 1999, Green Lake actually got me to look past all the translation issues and enjoy the game's story for the first time since I've been playing. The music, story, atmosphere and characters - all of it worked together to create an event that was fun but also able to pull at my heartstrings. They did a great job, and I'm sure some horror fans appreciated it even more than I did.

The other gacha I play is Star Rail. Comparing it to the other two, all of its events so far have been pretty light and fun in comparison. Enjoyable but missing some of the moments of emotion and gravitas that made the aforementioned events soar so high. That said, Artherium Wars was tons of fun and full of heart. It definitely ranks up there, and the recent ghost-hunting event is also worth mentioning, too.

Oct 26, 2017
I missed Lone Trail. I was reading the manga but it was getting towards the end of the event period so I stopped and just skipped the story while doing all the main story missions.

I think I can still access it via the archives so I might actually read it one day considering how much praise it got.

I just wasn't in the mood to read anything at the time.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Nikke is my only gacha so from that game definitely the half anniversary OverZone. The story was interesting enough to keep me engaged as I admit I almost always skip it in gachas.

The anniversary event was good too but it didn't come close to OverZone. Getting to know Red Hood was great though. Also it had the best minigame by far. (A vampire survivors-like)

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Does BA's Vol F count as an event? If yes then that. Truly peak fiction.
If not then probably Lone Trail.

Honorable mentions:
- Bandori's Graduation is simple yet effective. Probably made me cry the most out of anything released this year gacha or not.
- Star Rail's Ghost Hunting event for establishing this gang out of nowhere and instantly became one of the best groups in anything Hoyo have done. This will absolutely work as a 4-koma CDGDT manga spin-off.
- FGO's summer is a super biased choice for me. The story is kinda shit and the focus character is whatever but I crave this kind of romcom tropesand not many other gachas gave me that.

Speaking of Bandori, they're not kidding calling the new update "MEGA UPDATE" they brought most of the things they've done with Project Sekai here to the point that it's almost a new game now. Auto mode, improved boost system, 3D models for everyone along with 3D live shows, 3D cut-ins and new costume system for 3D models, revamped UI, introduce new rarity for characters, etc.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
I missed Lone Trail. I was reading the manga but it was getting towards the end of the event period so I stopped and just skipped the story while doing all the main story missions.

I think I can still access it via the archives so I might actually read it one day considering how much praise it got.

I just wasn't in the mood to read anything at the time.

Lone Trail is an intermazzi so it's permanently available.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
I play Snowbreak and Star Rail, but I'm just not into the story in either.

Nikke, just talking about story I thought the best event this year far and away was Overzone. Sea You Again was great as well and I'm tossing in Miracle Snow because I saw it this year and I may or may not have shed some tears.

Overzone though, man, I'll put that up against a lot of stuff. I hope they can reach levels like that again.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Event-wise, Lone Trail in Arknights was definitely very epic, but I'll have to give my favourite to Dorothy's Vision. Dorothy's Vision gave us the Rhine Labs manga, which was one of the better pieces of story I read this year, and something I would recommend even to people who don't play the game. Dorothy's Vision was also a lot more morally grey, and I really like that type of setup

Manga here (Official Site)
I find the reader kind of wonky though.

Other games I play
HI3: Nothing really epic. I really liked Ai-chan's 4th wall-breaking event, shame it butchered the main story afterwards.
FGO: Event-wise the year was pretty bad. LB6 was great, but thats main story and not an event. Hopefully the upcoming Tunguska will be great.

For Modernia SI, are you breaking the core then just one wing? If you can beat other SI bosses you should be able to beat her easily.

Yes and no. I can't reliably take out all 6 missiles/bombs, so I'm forced to take out one wing immediately. And since I can't control where the AI attacks, they usually destroy the 2nd wing at stage 8 causing a wipe. Probably something that can be fixed with a little more gear / better timing / RNG, but I was busy those days so I just took what I got.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
GFL 2 officially dropped in CN. Hopefully it does really well and that the impressions are good. It's my most hyped upcoming gacha, largely due to the gameplay. Would be cool to see a GFL game that actually tops the charts for once.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
At first glance Reverse 1999 just looked to have a roster of nothing but cutesy waifus but I'm looking at the wiki and you can party as a dog, a ufo and..

*checks notes*

..A floating apple?

This is the gacha game we've desperately needed. God yes. I'm playing this shit tonight.

Last edited:

thoughtloop

Apr 9, 2022
At first glance Reverse 1999 just looked to have a roster of nothing but cutesy waifus but I'm looking at the wiki and you can party as a dog, a ufo and..

*checks notes*

..A floating apple?

This is the gacha game we've desperately needed. God yes. I'm playing this shit tonight.
Wait until you discover that it's also sapphic as hell.

I'm definitely not jelly that people are playing GFL2 and having fun! It seems like they really polished with that short delay of CN soft launch. I'm not watching much of new streams, but I've also seen positive impressions from people who understand that NTR isn't your raifu talking to another guy. Which, by the way, I've heard rumors they trans'd that character's gender to placate the insane people. Makes it even more hilarious.

And speaking of internet crazies, it sounds like KR GFL2 servers may be next to launch? Mica/Sunborn is gonna have to remove all the guns for the KR version. Gripping a firearm requires your trigger/dominant hand to make the pinch emoji. I'm sure they'll be very reasonable and have nuanced discussions about this.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
god i been more excited for gfl 2 than some main games the wait is almost over but will be painful hopefully its under 6 months

only silver lining is some banner forecast i feel like ive seen the starter dolls for years so excited to see what new ones and returning dolls get designed like

impressions seem good

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The gameplay I've watched of GFL2 from CN launch looks good. Hopefully global release isn't too far off.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
GFL2 should have been a simultaneous release. I'm really not looking forward to a 6+ month wait and shuffled banner/story content (if Neural Cloud is any indication). :(