ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So Past Scarlet for NY and the half year anniversary is in April/May right? Wonder if we'll get Past Rapunzel in February/March then.

Basically a new pilgrim every 2 months.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy its a unit and not a skin for Scarlet, we'll see if this continues the power creep Red Hood started.

I hope we're not starting a trend of lots of Pilgrims or characters on that level in a short amount of time, hopefully after this we get a break to some degree. I just want an opportunity to build up some of the characters I already have.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
NGL, I would've been far less likely to bother if it were a skin, because it certainly would've been a paid (and expensive) one like the overwhelming majority of the ones in this game.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Anonymous said:
For anyone who plays Lineage II or is thinking of starting, here's the Explorer Package from Amazon Prime. I'm not playing Lineage II atm so I thought it better it go to someone who does before it expires - redeem code by Jan 6, 2024.

To redeem your code, first you will need an NCSOFT Account. You can create one here.
  1. Log in to your NCSOFT Account > 'Apply a Code' section.
  2. Enter your Lineage II code. Press 'Activate'.
  3. Select the Lineage II server and the character that you wish to receive the item.
  4. Once selected, the item will be sent to the in-game Dimensional Warehouse. (You will receive a confirmation email when your code is redeemed.)
  5. Log in to your Lineage II server.
  6. Speak to the Dimensional Merchant outside a Dimensional Warehouse in the nearest town.
  7. Press "I want a Dimensional Item."

These are our awesome prizes:

• Amazon Amazon: Lineage II - Explorer Package - Won by AledyNash AledyNash (1 entry)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
We're to the point where they're going to start implementing elemental fights. Like my team is perfect. I have no room for anything else. Sure I can make second and third teams for raids and PVP, but honestly it's not worth wasting resources on them at the moment.

They'll introduce rotating elemental fights and a new gear slot item that only drops from elemental fights. It's only a matter of time.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
For me, that was Arknights. Pretty much full teambuilding freedom where the low rarities can do what they are supposed to do? Having to use my brain instead of being walled by an obvious stat/character check?

Gacha's generally had one of the two issues
  • Priconne exemplified one of them. Despite being generally fun, Priconne had the issue (like a lot of gachas) where there are good/bad/indispensible characters. The "Makoto" problem as I like to put it. Either you have Makoto and can clear content easily up to the level cap, or you didn't and would have a ton of trouble. Same applied to team building. There was an obvious best choice for a role (usually the latest released unit), obvious fill-ins if you didn't have the best unit, and most of the rest just didn't work. Nikke players probably know it as the "Liter" problem
  • Genshin had the other problem. There was a bit more freedom in terms of team building, but you just had to grind (or pay for battle pass / monthly stamina for extra resources) Sure there were rotations you can use to optimize a bit of extra damage, but at the end of the day, it was a stat check. Either you had enough ATK%/Crit Rate/Crit Damage/EM to deal decent damage to the enemy and life is easy, or you didn't and it was a slog. Not enough damage? Grind artifacts/skill levels/char levels (or whale for constellations / 5* weapons) till you do. Its rarely "play better" when you get stuck, its "grind more"
I think all games have this problem to a certain degree, even Arknights, its not just Priconne and Genshin that have these flaws. But its just a lot less obvious in Arknights. In Arknights, even my basic 3 star (low rarity) healers can keep my team healed up if the defender is taking the hits with no issue, my 3 star snipers can deal with aerial enemies, because they do their basic job competently. In Honkai Star Rail, you don't even have enough healers to run 2 teams without relying on the gacha (heard it might be changing recently though). And Natasha (the free healer) has a lot of difficulty keeping the team alive properly. Swap her for Luocha (gacha healer) with the same amount of investment, and he not only has no issues keeping the team healed, he also provides a ton of other buffs. I don't mind gacha characters providing more utility, but at least let the basic units do their basic job competently.
Do you have to be into tower defense to get the most out of Arknights or is it pretty streamlined/approachable?

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have to be into tower defense to get the most out of Arknights or is it pretty streamlined/approachable?

I'll say its fairly approachable, but at the same time Arknights doesn't really play like a traditional tower defense (where you plonk down towers and wait for the enemies to come to you) especially later on. Since your "towers" are actually people, sometimes you need to shuffle them around to beat the stage. Compare these two different ways of clearing the same stage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoV_LRmQZc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3NmppUSXiA

The 2nd video is just someone showing off by only having one unit on the field at any one time. You can do a lot of things if you have the imagination and the skill.

The gameplay is not for everybody, I know a number of people here who bounced off the game, and a number who absolutely love it. The story is also pretty good, but might involve a lot of reading, which some people also dislike. But like most gacha's, its free to start, so feel free to give it a try. Global's 4th Anni is in Jan with some extra goodies (if you are the rerolling sort), but due to schedule issues from CN, we usually end up getting the CN summer banner as the anniversary unit instead.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
GCKJlxBWEAAsBco

【New Year Special Event - Modernia Special Recruitment】

SSR Pilgrim Nikke [Modernia], whose innocence remains etched in her heart, is now available again for recruitment during the New Year celebrations!

2024/1/1, 0:00 ~ 2024/1/18, 04:59 (UTC+9)

Wow, they're actually doing a full blown Modernia rerun.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I don't typically enjoy tower defense and only started Arknights because of the art but now I can say that its gameplay is one of my favorites among all gachas I've played and I've seen quite a few people having similar experience with the game.

What makes it addicting is how smart it makes you feel once you clear a difficult stages but then also feeling super dumb seeing people on youtube clearing with like half the number of units and those units are all 1-3* f2p units while you struggled with a team 6* meta units. Then you understand the game more from seeing that and keep improving your own strats and having more fun with the game.

It's also kinda refreshing to have a game that don't keep you grinding to get marginal boost in stats from rng gears to clear difficult contents. You just have to level up your characters and their skill and that's it. You don't even have to chase meta units because the game is balanced around F2P units. If you're struggling with a stage, you just need a new approach in your strats rather than go back go grinding. It's also nice to know that even if you suck at the game, you can always rely on a guide to get a clear.

Arknights also has one of the most interesting worlds I've experienced in gaming, gacha or not. You really need to take your time with it though because there's a lot of reading and the earlier stuffs are not really that exciting.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Update notes are out.

Scarlet is a wind attacker. Weapon is a rocket launcher.

New costumes are for Noise (gacha), Guillotine (Jan mission pass) and Liter (special mission pass).

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
While I already got Noah twice and therefore wouldn't need a designated Burst II for the Pilgrim Tower, it would be nice to have more Burst II options for general teambuilding, so I'm hoping they fought the urge to make Jetstream Scarlet yet another Burst III unit.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
A Wind B2 would be interesting because she'd be fighting against Blanc in a wind team and the bunnies are almost always paired with Modernia so unless she's really strong I just don't see it. She's probably another B3.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
True, it would be difficult to justify when Blanc is typically my go-to for a wind Burst II (still no Noir for me, so I can't have both bunnies with Modernia yet).

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
As a newer player, the step-up selector (6.1 k Crystals) seems much more interesting than the 2 Pilgrims. It would depend on who's in it (they mentioned no pilgrims or limited units), but getting a Blanc to complement my Noir or MLBing a char (to help break 160 wall) seems like a pretty good use of those crystals.

Pilgrim-wise, I don't even have enough T9M gear for Red Hood, let alone a new attacker. A B2 so I can field a full Pilgrim Tower team would be great though.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll get one Scarlet then call it a day. Can't see her replacing a bunny or highschooler. They're just too strong.

Now if she does then that opens up another B3 slot. But I doubt it.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I was about to delete Nikke again after getting three of the four Xmas unit, but with Mordenia back I will probably stay a bit longer.

Not a fan of a Scalet design… I like the drunktard more.

Last edited:

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I felt a New Years gacha skin coming in my bones since they didn't do one for Christmas. Noise is about to kill me.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Anonymous said:
Amazon Prime gift - for those who play Lineage II: Aden - redeem Jan 7, 2024

To redeem your code, first you will need an NCSOFT Account. You may create one here.
  1. Log in to your NCSOFT Account > 'Apply a Code' section.
  2. Enter your Lineage II: Aden code. Press 'Activate'.
  3. Select the Lineage II: Aden server and the character that you wish to receive the item.
  4. Once selected, the item will be sent to the in-game Dimensional Warehouse. (You will receive a confirmation email when your code is redeemed.)
  5. Log in to your Lineage II: Aden server.
  6. Speak to the Dimensional Merchant outside a Dimensional Warehouse in the nearest town.
  7. Press "Enchantment and Convenience".
  8. Press "Receive Dimensional Item".

These are our awesome prizes:

• Windows Windows: Lineage II: Aden - Hero Bundle

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I didn't realize that Blue Archive's summer event (lol) wouldn't have any maintenance and it's already up.
Gonna skip the banners because I'd rather pull on the next batch of summer banners.

I've been in a slump with gachas, which is probably a good thing lol. Really only care about BA and Star Rail, although I'm coming back to Granblue for rolls and because the fighting game is rekindling my fondness for the characters and world.

Looking forward to the Atelier gacha though. I've really gotten into the series this year.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Reverse 1999...if you think a two or three star rating is going to stop me from using Alien T or Door, you got another thing comin.

I will scratch and claw my way to the top with these weirdos until its not actually possible anymore.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
DQ Tact shutting down just as I was getting back into it… :/ *sigh*

Gacha games are really a waste. All the time and energy just gone.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point if you are spending money in Square Enix mobile games... i don't know what to tell you