• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
New Snowbreak mode is pretty cool. I didn't realize that it's mostly your recruited units doing the heavy lifting...I was wondering why I wasn't doing much damage. I'll need to spend some time thinking about comps and units to see what works best. Definitely a cool change of pace from the standard mission stuff.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nikke 1.5 Anni livestream will be in ~14 hours:

GLaJlNOagAATk4a

The new Nikkes are interesting. One is unrevealed and the other will be Kilo, who was datamined at some point:

leaked-character-named-kilo-v0-cfvq86r40r0b1.jpeg

Do mind that this is pre-release stuff (I think?) and she might end up looking way different. For reference, these were the original Nero and Soda...

pktdum8jp5vc1.png

GLaJlNOagAATk4a

The new Nikkes are interesting. One is unrevealed and the other will be Kilo, who was datamined at some point:

Do mind that this is pre-release stuff (I think?) and she might end up looking way different. For reference, these were the original Nero and Soda...

pktdum8jp5vc1.png
I'm expecting Masamune Shirow level of mounting of that mech from Nikke.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to post my Snowbreak pulls from yesterday.

I managed to win Cherno on my 50/50 thankfully, but lost the 50/50 on the weapon (and didn't even get a useful off-rate one, stupid Horn of the Orca). It's fine though, I won the character 50/50 so it kind of balanced itself out. I only played her a bit and she's still a long ways off from being complete (getting those ATK % + Alignment logistics will be fun as always), but she seemed strong enough. I think she'll do well. I haven't purchased the maid skin yet, but I probably will shortly.

As for the event story, it's probably my favorite in a while. It was very focused and easy-to-follow, and didn't have a bunch of names and terms being thrown everywhere (which I had issue with in the Yehrus event). It helps that they added a glossary of sorts, where you can click the blue text in the text log to pull up a short definition for what the word means. There's a lot of stuff that was mentioned in the past and rarely again, so it's nice that I can get a quick refresher. Cherno is an interesting character too. Also,

Meursalt, I will miss you. I'm just glad that it's not forever, as indicated by the epilogue. Will gladly pull for her in the future.

I might have to keep playing Snowbreak, it's actually like... legit fun?

Also I like the fact that the "Hard Mode" missions, are them stringing together a bunch of the regular missions together into one longer mission. Suddenly the layout of those missions makes sense lol
Yeah, it's fun. Like, if you remove all of the gacha components it's still an enjoyable game. Gameplay itself is super solid.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019

GLaJlNOagAATk4a

pktdum8jp5vc1.png

Just give another Modernia tier AOE, preferably with MG.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like it should be a mandatory thing for gacha games to have active time lore/highlighted word glossary thing.

Given how many of them like to use special jargon/technical terms having something that people can click to refresh themselves on what certain terms means only makes sense.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's fun. Like, if you remove all of the gacha components it's still an enjoyable game. Gameplay itself is super solid.

I will say though...

I have started to skip the story to progress lol

And while I am still enjoying the gameplay, I won't lie... I feel super overwhelmed by all the stuff that has been introduced to me. I just got to Chapter 6.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it should be a mandatory thing for gacha games to have active time lore/highlighted word glossary thing.

Given how many of them like to use special jargon/technical terms having something that people can click to refresh themselves on what certain terms means only makes sense.
For sure.

I can't say I'm liking the whole "Pokemon" event in Snowbreak a whole lot. I just find the AI for the captured units to be stupid. Maybe I need to capture some with better skills or stats, but it seems like they do nothing but a lot of standing around. Some of them legit do nothing and stand there in the distance while I'm in there attacking. I also found the yellow capture area in the "Noob" map to be extremely difficult, the area with the turrets on the walls. None of the AI companions could do a single thing without dying immediately (since there were six turrets in close quarters firing off their ammo). The only one that managed to live for a decent amount of time was the default/tank guy, but he couldn't do a single thing since he's melee. He'd jump and attack and completely miss the enemy. I ended up just peeking around the corner with Lyfe and picking them off one at a time. It took me a while (like 15 minutes or so), considering how little damage she did.

We'll see how it goes when I get different companions. I thought there'd be a way to level them up or something, but I can't see that as an option. Strange.

I will say though...

I have started to skip the story to progress lol

And while I am still enjoying the gameplay, I won't lie... I feel super overwhelmed by all the stuff that has been introduced to me. I just got to Chapter 6.
Yeah, the story can be a little confusing at times (especially the Chapter 10 --> Chapter 11 jump, since there's a bit of a timeskip there and they don't really do anything to fill in the gap right away).

As I mentioned above, the newest event does start doing a glossary thing where certain words/names/areas/etc. will be in blue text, and you can click the word in the text log and it'll pull up a deeper explanation of it. It seems like it's something that they'll be incorporating going forward. I really could have used that in earlier chapters...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

GLaJlNOagAATk4a

pktdum8jp5vc1.png
Given just how differently Nero and Soda turned out (catgirl with heterochromia for the former and much of the basic outline of the maid uniform for the latter being the key aspects that carried over), I expect the finalized Kilo to have changed quite a bit as well. I also expect her to be a member of Mighty Tools based on the name and that squad having only two members currently.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the story can be a little confusing at times (especially the Chapter 10 --> Chapter 11 jump, since there's a bit of a timeskip there and they don't really do anything to fill in the gap right away).

As I mentioned above, the newest event does start doing a glossary thing where certain words/names/areas/etc. will be in blue text, and you can click the word in the text log and it'll pull up a deeper explanation of it. It seems like it's something that they'll be incorporating going forward. I really could have used that in earlier chapters...

Oh it was less that the story was confusing, more so that the game introduced like 20 different bits of content that it now wants me to do and not sure what I should be focusing on lol

On an aside, Privaty is my first Nikke character to reach 70k power, wasn't expecting that, but then again she is my only character at Max Overdrive Limit Break.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm an idiot. Didn't think I could replace the "Trial" characters in the Pokemon event. Once I knew I could slot Katya, Cherno and Eatchel in there, things were a lot easier, lol.

Oh it was less that the story was confusing, more so that the game introduced like 20 different bits of content that it now wants me to do and not sure what I should be focusing on lol

On an aside, Privaty is my first Nikke character to reach 70k power, wasn't expecting that, but then again she is my only character at Max Overdrive Limit Break.
Oh, I gotcha.

Yeah, those are your weekly and bi-weekly modes. Gigalink and Neural Simulation are weekly, and Jotun Tunnel is twice a month (IIRC). Neither of the modes take up much time and are a good source of Digicash so they're worth doing. Thankfully they don't consume stamina so they don't really impact with your main story mode progression (time not permitting). There's the Personal Files thing that you should be doing daily, since that's where you grind shards for the 5* characters to level up their Manifestations. You can only do a limited number and are refreshed each day, so don't waste them! There's also a daily item being sent in the mail you can redeem for extra runs per day if you have a third (or fourth) character you want to grind out.

As for the story, from what I read they changed the scenario writer after Chapter 10, which is probably why things improved. Like the current event story is seriously good. You can skip the main story stuff as you've been doing if you just want to progress, but it's definitely worth going back to later to read at your leisure (just so you can enjoy the later main story/event story chapters).

Oct 26, 2017
Just did the latest SB event.

They should really have the whole event voice acted instead of just the ending part.

Would definitely help a lot more for getting immersed imo as the voiced bit was the best part.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just did the latest SB event.

They should really have the whole event voice acted instead of just the ending part.

Would definitely help a lot more for getting immersed imo as the voiced bit was the best part.
I agree, here's hoping it's something they do more of going forward. Assuming the income remains steady or even better, improves.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any good quality co-op focused gacha games that people would recommend?
Genshin impact and upcoming wuthering wave on top of my head that have coop features not limited to events. There isn't much nowadays, Draglialost closed and multiplayer ones on top of my head are more towards PvP.

I should mention Granblue Fantasy, definitely the most #1 game that involves end game coop and coordination. Kinda outdated but definitely still up there as a popular gacha

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
dbmpvZd.png

Snow White's first skin looks fucking siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

The wolf looks to be a reference to this art work:

latest

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is Snow White's skin the event pass skin? Since Modernia is the gacha.

I might get it honestly, despite not having Snow White herself yet. It's that cool.

Looks like I will finally be able to get a copy of Rei, though it looks like I'll have to choose between a copy of her and MLB'ing Kilo. Though I suppose I could always get dupes from the ticket store, so I'll be better off getting at least one copy of Rei.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Is Snow White's skin the event pass skin? Since Modernia is the gacha.
Yup, you got it right

【White Knight】 is obtainable via 1.5 Anniversary version - 1.5 ANNIVERSARY PASS.

【Midnight Strawberry】 is obtainable via May Mission Pass.

「Second Affection」 is coming soon via 1.5 Anniversary Version Costume Gacha!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
In addition to the codes in the tweet above (240420533 / ONEANDHALFANNIVSHOW), there's also

BEWITHCOMMANDER

Got a Volume dupe with my free tickets. Would have preferred Moran, but Volume is at least part of my Tower team.

Yup, you got it right

【White Knight】 is obtainable via 1.5 Anniversary version - 1.5 ANNIVERSARY PASS.

【Midnight Strawberry】 is obtainable via May Mission Pass.

「Second Affection」 is coming soon via 1.5 Anniversary Version Costume Gacha!
Nice! Thanks.

In terms of quality I would have thought SW was the gacha and Modernia the event pass... but Shift Up knows people will buy that Modernia skin. Personally I'm not complaining.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Thanks.

In terms of quality I would have thought SW was the gacha and Modernia the event pass... but Shift Up knows people will buy that Modernia skin. Personally I'm not complaining.

I think it's because the Modernia one has fully new art (seemingly a different artist too? I don't think any of the previous Gacha skins had a different artist from the original character artist), new pose, animations, and everything.

But I do agree that the Snow White one looks the best imho.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Got Naga and another Marciana from the free 10 ticket pulls, pretty good. First time I ever got 2 SSRs in one 10 pull

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In Snowbreak I got the new banner character...

Should I roll for the gun... or just saving up for next banner?
If you have enough to get the gun, get the gun. You can mex LB the gun from the event shop and it's "fine" if you can't pull for her banner one, but the latter is a lot better for her especially since she's a DPS. You want all the power you can get.

It's not strictly "needed", but does come as a strong recommendation if you can get it. The Anniversary is next patch IIRC, so we should be getting a decent amount of free pulls from it. That, combined with the weekly/monthly missions as well as all of the one-time content still available to you in-game should put you in a pretty good place even if you go for her gun (even better if you purchase the monthly login pass).

Congrats on the Cherno!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably going to skip Cherno.

Would rather save up for the future at the moment.

Also from the live stream they said something along the lines of putting more resources towards developing new kinds of game content now that they are not in the red or whatever but it will take some time so that's another thing to look forward to.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Brid with the free regular vouchers (Yulha earlier from social points, completing Triangle), but still no Diesel so no character to use that last free outfit for her or the next one she's getting.

Not about to whale for Marian's even with having her at MLB without a single banner.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
Snowbreak

I pulled for Cherno but I ended up losing the 50/50 so I'm going to sit on the guarantee until a character comes around that I find more appealing. I don't actually need her anyway since Lyfe/Fenny/Yao can wreck any content thats currently in the game.

Having played it quite a bit now, I'm not a fan of Star Master, I even prefer the mode that pops up in most events where you need three teams. Even if you capture every single enemy as fast as you can, it ends up taking about 25 minutes or so per day, which is quite time consuming for very little reward.

Not about to whale for Marian's even with having her at MLB without a single banner.

They haven't broke me on a gacha skin yet...I must hold strong.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Crown's summary, from Reddit

Could be the next best support Nikke. Might surpass Liter. We know her skills now from the JP livestream, but we don't know the numbers.

Skill 1: When using Full Burst, provides ATK Up and Reload Speed Up to allies who participated in the active burst chain. Also, allies who didn't participate in the active burst chain, they get DEF Up and Reload Speed Up.

Skill 2: When a normal attack hits an enemy, applies an HP Recovery buff to herself. When she reaches full stacks, if she has the highest HP in the team, she'll consume all stacks, taunts, and become temporarily invincible.

Burst Skill: Provides ATK Up for all allies and applies a shield based on the casters final Max HP.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Cherno is cute but I want to save for a Katya rerun.

Crown is a must pull for me regardless of her kit. Been wanting her since she was datamined ages ago.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Cherno is pretty great for mobbing, lol. Don't even need to use her orbs, just a single shot on each enemy as the DOT takes care of the rest. For bosses, a single shot and then orbs seem best.

Cherno is cute but I want to save for a Katya rerun.

Crown is a must pull for me regardless of her kit. Been wanting her since she was datamined ages ago.
Even with Cherno, Katya is so good. I still enjoy using her as her gameplay really appeals to me. Plus love her character as well.

Hopefully she re-runs soon for you! Maybe for the Anniversary.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
If you have enough to get the gun, get the gun. You can mex LB the gun from the event shop and it's "fine" if you can't pull for her banner one, but the latter is a lot better for her especially since she's a DPS. You want all the power you can get.

It's not strictly "needed", but does come as a strong recommendation if you can get it. The Anniversary is next patch IIRC, so we should be getting a decent amount of free pulls from it. That, combined with the weekly/monthly missions as well as all of the one-time content still available to you in-game should put you in a pretty good place even if you go for her gun (even better if you purchase the monthly login pass).

Congrats on the Cherno!

Uh... Not sure if I have enough pull power to get the gun lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Uh... Not sure if I have enough pull power to get the gun lol
If you don't manage it in time, pity will carry over to the next limited weapon banner so they won't be wasted.

She really does want her gun as it does help her DOT's quite a bit, but as I said she's still useful without it (get that event weapon from the shop instead!). Her banners are up for a while longer though, so there's always a chance. That's one of the benefits for this game, banners tend to last a long while, haha.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe next time, SSR Rapi.

k42bstyliovc1.jpeg

View: https://twitter.com/Euadi2/status/1781724114404757705/photo/1

If you don't manage it in time, pity will carry over to the next limited weapon banner so they won't be wasted.

She really does want her gun as it does help her DOT's quite a bit, but as I said she's still useful without it (get that event weapon from the shop instead!). Her banners are up for a while longer though, so there's always a chance. That's one of the benefits for this game, banners tend to last a long while, haha.

I will try to get it then!

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to decide if I should go for M2 Cherno or pull a dupe of her weapon.

Any idea which will give the most bang for buck in output?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I will try to get it then!
Good luck! Don't forget the pull passes from the shop, check all of the different areas as there are a few to pull from.

I'm trying to decide if I should go for M2 Cherno or pull a dupe of her weapon.

Any idea which will give the most bang for buck in output?
Weapon easily, you can slowly grind out her manifestations via the personal files.

That being said, you can also get her weapon duplicate by disassembling three 5* weapons that you don't need, so while it's not ideal (as the weapons you don't currently have a use for may be useful for a character in the future) it's at least an option.

Personally, I'd just pull a copy of the character and their weapon and call it a day. Save up for another character.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Everytime I plan out my pulls in Blue Archive, like pulling on the next collab banner, Blue Archive JP decides to pull out some more limited units that I really want lmao. Sorry Toaru.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
And though I'm late in saying it, I am surprised that Kilo ended up not being part of Mighty Tools since her name would've fit the theme (along with her also being from Missilis).