Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
WW gonna be a nice game to turn on when I run out of stuff to do in Genshin. Im skeptical Ill have the time to turn it on daily and spend money on it though.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I won't touch a Netmarble release. They have some hyper aggressive monetization that still gives me PTSD, ha.

I was a bit of a dolphin in Marvel Future Fight for a long while. I enjoyed the game up until the point of realizing that you NEEDED to spend big and pay for new costumes to deal with any of the fun endgame stuff.

Lineage 2 was shit.

And of course, Marvel Future Revolution was shut down 2 years after it's release. I was pretty excited for that one...But it disappointed and was, again, very icky with how cash grabby it was.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
AFK Journey really feels like a mobile MMO more than just a simply gacha game. It's interesting that they did not market it that way at all.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Finished watching chapter 24 of Nikke. Good shit.

Was Red Ash released before or after the release of 25-26? Haven't read it yet.

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WW gonna be a nice game to turn on when I run out of stuff to do in Genshin. Im skeptical Ill have the time to turn it on daily and spend money on it though.
The daily seems more faster to me in my experience, only 1 commission and spending certain amount of stamina. I'm hoping they improve the optimization for Phone devices though because it was running more hot in my iPhone 14 PM compared to Genshin in the beta test.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The daily seems more faster to me in my experience, only 1 commission and spending certain amount of stamina. I'm hoping they improve the optimization for Phone devices though because it was running more hot in my iPhone 14 PM compared to Genshin in the beta test.
But they want you to farm the mobs on the map for gear drops. That's my main concern regarding time committment. I remain extremely sceptical of this system. It's probably fun in the honeymoon phase when you're exploring the world and work on the initial content drop, but once you run out of things to do and it is supposed to move into your daily farming routine, it sounds like hell.
They did announce some changes but I will continue to remain sceptical until it's clear how their loop is going to look like in practice.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Watched a couple of videos from Jeikage on youtube about ZZZ and I'm really hyped for it now, it just looks so stylish and the combat looks fun as hell! Was much more hyped for WW initially but think I'm equal for both now, really looking forward to both launches.

Also the devil Bangboo is amazing and I need to summon him, looks like he'll be one of the rate ups on the first banner for it so fingers crossed I can get him!

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Oh? How is it like an mmo?
Other players show up in the over world and you can interact with them via emotes and the chat. The story has main missions and side quests that you can auto travel or walk to like other mobile mmos. It looks like you have different ways to dress up your player character with cosmetics. You can also make more than one player character which is a staple feature usually in mmos.

Jun 1, 2021
Other players show up in the over world and you can interact with them via emotes and the chat. The story has main missions and side quests that you can auto travel or walk to like other mobile mmos. It looks like you have different ways to dress up your player character with cosmetics. You can also make more than one player character which is a staple feature usually in mmos.

Interesting, might have to check it out then.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Watched a couple of videos from Jeikage on youtube about ZZZ and I'm really hyped for it now, it just looks so stylish and the combat looks fun as hell! Was much more hyped for WW initially but think I'm equal for both now, really looking forward to both launches.

Also the devil Bangboo is amazing and I need to summon him, looks like he'll be one of the rate ups on the first banner for it so fingers crossed I can get him!
The Bangboos are genius. Lots of meme and merch potential.

Jun 1, 2021
Oh I'm enjoying Afk Journey. I just brushed the adverts off as some generic gacha, but it's actually pretty fun? I love the look of it and seems to run mostly great on PC barring some mobile phone ratio's kicking in occasionally.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
The Bangboos are genius. Lots of meme and merch potential.
Just excellent little guys, tbh if Hoyo need a company mascot they'd be the best bet for sure! Hadn't thought of the merch potential, they could be massive if the game is successful. I'd definitely love to buy a plush of one or something like that, hopefully they tap into it properly and don't wait three years to have a global shop.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
AFK is pretty great and right now there is a catch up mechanic for the start of the new season (may depend on when your server was created though). You get double AFK rewards. The season starts a certain number of days after the server was created so some Day 1 servers will be diving in soon.

Unlike other gachas, I spend most of my gems towards the discounted 10 pull standard banner. You need multiple copies of heroes to unlock their EX weapon which really makes some characters get quite strong. There may be rate up heroes that are meta (or that you really like).

I've only spent $5 and I'm sort of keeping up with folks, but, wow are there a lot of pop-ups.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
310 pulls in total... no collab characters in Blue Archive. I said screw it and finally sparked for Misaka, do not care anymore if I don't get both or get her again on Shokuhou's banner (main character prioritzation and the former seeming more useful than the latter decided for me).

This is the absolute worst luck I've had during any gacha event since that Neverland one in Nikke, which also happened to feature limited characters you won't be able to get once it ends.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
310 pulls in total... no collab characters in Blue Archive. I said screw it and finally sparked for Misaka, do not care anymore if I don't get both or get her again on Shokuhou's banner (main character prioritzation and the former seeming more useful than the latter decided for me).

This is the absolute worst luck I've had during any gacha event since that Neverland one in Nikke, which also happened to feature limited characters you won't be able to get once it ends.
Yeah, that sounds like it beats even my most horrible string of luck in the game and that's saying something.

So sorry to hear that. :(

Jun 1, 2021
I've spent most of my free time today playing AFK Journey. What a pleasant surprise. It also seems very QoL heavy. I really love how you equip classes rather than individual characters to a point. I presume eventually you'll focus on a few characters but at this early stage it's fun swapping them in and out.

I swear the advertising for this game made it look very "typical" gacha. I also wrote it off until I saw someone mention it's like a very lite mmo.

Hisui

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled 400 times in BA. Not even one collab. Rate up is a lie. It is what it is. Just gotta skip the nice perms for a while. I've seen the images of it. But didn't think it would hit me for real. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Pretty wild indeed.

There were theories floating around that Marian's new look was linked to the Rapture Queen because of its name but I didn't expect it to come into play so soon and this way.

Her outfit also has

Spear to Dark Matter​

on it. Wonder what that means.

Yea
It's kind of wild that something seemingly so integral to the plot is in an optional event.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that sounds like it beats even my most horrible string of luck in the game and that's saying something.

So sorry to hear that. :(
Appreciated. It almost feels like retribution for having the good luck to get Ichika, Kasumi, and Ako without sparking during that train event (which was still nice, but doesn't change the fact that they aren't going anywhere and Nexon consider a re-run for the Railgun event to only be a maybe).
Rolled 400 times in BA. Not even one collab. Rate up is a lie. It is what it is. Just gotta skip the nice perms for a while. I've seen the images of it. But didn't think it would hit me for real. Oh well. Win some, lose some.
Yeah, gonna be quite some time before I can (or will even want to) pull for anyone else.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Snowbreak currently has 3 sets of limited banners going on.

I did manage to pull Tess in my first 10-pull, so I just need a copy of her weapon. Is there some big anniversary or something coming up that they're pushing banners this hard?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Saw some vids on WW. Thoughts so far:
  • Combat looks pretty neat
  • UI/Presentation is way too much like Genshin apart from the font, and no I don't think Genshin has an amazing UI that needs to be copied. From the beta footage, even the colour for the elemental damage looks the same
  • Gacha rates are better than GI, but not by much.
  • Artifact Grind is back X_X.
I'd likely give it a try, but unless the combat really hooks me, I don't see why I'll want to play it. I dropped Genshin cos of artifact grind, and so far I don't see anything unique that WW can offer outside of combat.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Damn Nikke 25-18 is insane. Reddit search shows that this seems to be a hard stopping point for many. People have cleared it around my CP level (157,000) with Liter, Crown, RH, SBS, and Rapunzel who I all have, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how.

Solidus Snake

Alt account
Banned
Apr 20, 2024
Yeah Solo Leveling Arise is uninstalled. I know all Gacha games are here to take our money, but that one is pretty insane. If you want to take all the subs, it would cost you more than 50 bucks per month, and 120 dollars if you also take the monthly pack.

WW waiting room let's go

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I heard the devs called the Solo Leveling a "cash cow" noped so fast on a gacha

Jun 17, 2023
I heard the devs called the Solo Leveling a "cash cow" noped so fast on a gacha

Original Article:
www.koreatimes.co.kr

[INTERVIEW] Solo Leveling: ARISE will become Netmarble's new leading title, company executive says

Netmarble is confident that its new game, Solo Leveling: ARISE, based on the globally popular web novel and webcomic 'Solo Leveling,' will be its new cash cow. The action role-playing game has already recorded over 12 million preregistrations, according to its executives.
Moon Jun-ki said:
"Just as The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross recently surpassed $1 billion in cumulative sales based on its global popularity, we believe Solo Leveling: ARISE can also become an important cash cow for Netmarble by attracting many global users,"
Hilarious.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
Snowbreak

They would enable double xp in this Star Master mode after I grinded it out.

Also, my Yao: WS is M5 now, so that only took about half my life but still!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nikke

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Collected the last batch of regular tickets from the event shop (yeah I'm late) and, on four single pulls, pulled back to back SSRs. Not any SSR either: first one was Ludmilla and the second was Snow White. I cannot believe it. Two out of only three non-limited Nikkes I was still missing. (Only Brid remains now.)

I finally got SW, holy shit. Just minutes prior I was thinking about buying the mission pass but deciding against it because lord knows when I would finally get SW. Well...