• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it's not alpha footage like those promos Game Informer released.

The game is probably 9-10 months from release. Of course it will be 'early' footage. There's still a lot of time to polish it.

fake news, sad!

seriously, it would have been better with DF doing it but this will do

I would rather watch the first hour with developer commentary than an hour of DF doing technical analysis on a game that's ~8 months from going gold. Also, what do you mean by "fake news, sad!"?

Where can we watch it?Game Informer site only?

It'll be on their own site and then on YouTube in a couple of days, most likely.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
t1525978800z2.png

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
I need to see that moment to moment gameplay. Normally I'd stay clear of something like this but I must see it!

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
They sound almost desperate to prove this game is better than people think.

I'm routing for Bend, I hope this game is great!

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Given it's not coming until 2019, it seems way too early for this level of media blowout for the game. You'd think it was releasing in a few months. I wonder if this was all already agreed with GI before the delay, and now they're just running with it regardless.

Anyway, very intrigued to see the first hour.

Yeah, I'm sort of getting the impression that they really want to right the ship, in terms of how the game is being perceived, if they're putting the first hour out already. They're not wrong though, I'm definitely gonna be watching it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Will GI show us the first hour of the game or will they actually just talk about it and show us some gameplay snippets. Normally GI covering is usually just a tiny snippet each day over a week, isn't it?

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, the beginning of the game is oftentimes the actual worst part of the game. That said, if this first hour manages to impress, that's a pretty good sign for the rest of the game. I'm curious, hopefully what I see in the next couples hours impresses

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Holy shit this is unprecedented, especially for a game in such caliber that is releasing in 2019 and a month before E3 as well.

Why did they decide to do that?

Never seen this kind of PR.

Coolade

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited. State of Decay 2 is pretty much just going to hold me over until Days Gone comes out. I hope they are able to show mostly gameplay and not cinematics.

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
Of course it's alpha footage. The game isn't even coming out till 2019. You think the games done right now?

No need to be condescending.

The game is probably 9-10 months from release. Of course it will be 'early' footage. There's still a lot of time to polish it.

The Alpha footage from the promos looked pretty a little rough in spots compared to what they showed at E3 back in 2016, but of course that's just one slice polished the hell up for E3. Generally if you're going to do a media blow out and an hour long walkthrough you'd think the areas you'd show off would be a little more polished to avoid people getting the wrong idea.

Never the less I'm excited to see uncut gameplay.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Would rather see something after the initial introduction stuff of the game. We have seen part of some mission but no uninterrupted lengthy gameplay demo.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Not a big fan of first xx minutes/hour... give me something less spoilery.

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear.

I am of the opinion that a sizable chunk of unedited gameplay is the best way to form an opinion prior to release.

Would prefer a chunk of the mid game though. Opening sections tend to be heavy on scripting and tightly controlled tutorials. Then again, hopefully an entire hour is enough to get beyond that stuff.

An hour mid-game with some upgrades might be the most fun provided they can do it without any context or spoilers, but maybe they just want to show the intro to keep things as hassle-free as possible.

Devs do this they desperate, they don't show off the game they got something to hide I just I don't get you ppl

Yeah, this seems more like confidence. I'd guess that the game is very close to complete so the next 8+ months will be polish & bug fixing.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
How hilarious would it be if it was beat for beat the same opening as MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

I'm looking forward to it - the opening hour says a lot about a game.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
That is certainly a weird move as this game is still at least 7+ months away.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
I think that this isn't a good idea at all for a game coming out so late, to reveal the first hour like that is pretty insane. Don't understand what Bend was thinking with this

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
An hour of gameplay footage for a game that won't be out until February or March?

I legit believe this game was delayed for positioning, not because it needed more time.

I think that this isn't a good idea at all for a game coming out so late, to reveal the first hour like that is pretty insane. Don't understand what Bend was thinking with this

Why isn't it?

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
They say they're going to show 'the' first hour of the game. This isn't a linear game though so apart from possible cutscenes, they're really saying they're going to show an hour of gameplay. Hopefully they stay away from the story missions and just show us a side mission or two, as well as the emergent gameplay elements.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Bit strange to release an hour from an unfinished game. Looking forward to watching, though.

Oct 27, 2017
An hour of gameplay footage for a game that won't be out until February or March?

I legit believe this game was delayed for positioning, not because it needed more time.

Why isn't it?

Yes, I'm certain this was moved to get it away from RDR2. And obviously that was the right decision, as you don't want to be launching your open world game anywhere near Rockstar's.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Why?

The first hour is usually slow and doesnt contain compelling gameplay.

That's probably exactly why. Frame the story, introduce the mechanics to differentiate it from TLoU, and let the Devs deliver some information to the people who tune in. Seems like a solid idea for a game that is getting blasted for being "samey".

Status
Not open for further replies.