• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After letting it digest for a week, I've decided the only thing I enjoyed about the finale was Sansa's "y'all fucking crazy" face when everyone else so eagerly accepted King Bran. I legit thought Tyrion was going to choose her at first, but once again Sansa got passed over for a brother who claimed to never want to be King... No wonder she told Bran to fuck off and took the North for herself. Well done Queen.

I guess I'm mostly content though now that I know Dany's been resurrected and is living happily with Drogon, hatching more baby dragons that may or may not be used someday to burn all of Westeros to the ground. :)

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it again. I really liked Jon and Tormunds ending, but I was suprised Tormund survived all these seasons. Jon already died once so I never saw them killing him off again.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'd never claim to know what we know but I definitely know what I know. Y'know?

AbsoluteZestyAmericanindianhorse-small.gif

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the person that did the documentary said that D&D didn't do an inside the episode for 6. Pathetic. Wouldnt suprise me if they did do one, but HBO decided not to air it due to all the backlash from the other ones.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like the documentary should focus on how they filmed The Long Night and The Bells, and then the cast/crew just stood around dumbfounded with their water bottles and Starbucks to figure out how they were going to film the other scenes.

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
If I recall, since they wanted to avoid drones leak, they did alot of work in studio and on green scenes. It's gonna be like the Star Wars prequels where they are just interacting with CGI all of the time lol.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn. Sucks knowing we get no new episode tomorrow.. no new episode ever.

It was a fun ride and I still consider it one of the best shows ever made, warts and all.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
So the person that did the documentary said that D&D didn't do an inside the episode for 6. Pathetic. Wouldnt suprise me if they did do one, but HBO decided not to air it due to all the backlash from the other ones.

No, it was always the plan for them to be far away from any kind of media after the airing of episode 6. Most likely a plan coming directly from HBO's people.

When the final episode airs, do you have any specific plans for what you'll be doing?
WEISS:
We'll in an undisclosed location, turning off our phones and opening various bottles.

Won't you be a little curious? I know you're not big on social media, but you won't be tempted at all to look at Twitter?
WEISS:
At some point, if and when it's safe to come out again, somebody like [HBO's GoT publicist Mara Mikialian] will give us a breakdown of what was out there without us having to actually experience it.
BENIOFF:
I plan to be very drunk and very far from the internet.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. Sucks knowing we get no new episode tomorrow.. no new episode ever.

It was a fun ride and I still consider it one of the best shows ever made, warts and all.

But you can't watch it anymore knowing how it ends. Jon is not important and nothing he does matters. Daenerys is evil. Jaime isn't redeemed. Cersei never has to face those she has wronged.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
But you can't watch it anymore knowing how it ends. Jon is not important and nothing he does matters. Daenerys is evil. Jaime isn't redeemed. Cersei never has to face those she has wronged.

It's just not true. I'm rewatching the show right now (currently at the last episode of season 2), and it's very interesting how all GoT seasons end up being well woven together. Including seasons 7 and 8.

Look, the last few seasons definitely had issues, but they absolutely don't invalidate the whole show. By currently being in the process of rewatching everything, I find it actually helps swallow what happened in the last seasons. Everything is not as "unwarranted" as the internet wants everybody to believe. Especially when watching the beginning with the ending in mind.

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves
Look, the last few seasons definitely had issues, but they absolutely don't invalidate the whole show. By currently being in the process of rewatching everything, I find it actually helps swallow what happened in the last seasons.

I would argue that watching them all at once magnifies how poorly the final seasons got to the conclusion, along with the decline of characters' logic and the writing. But it's true, the earlier seasons had some spectacular stuff.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Remember when Viserys got murdered? Remember all those slavers who got executed? What about the Meereenese nobles? Remember when she murdered the Tarlys? Did they deserve to die? What about them, huh? What about--"

tumblr_ol89m2Iw6F1spkic4o4_500.gif

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Is this your first rodeo?

Game of Thrones is not like any other show. It's a story that either grows into something that thematically pays off what has come before it, or none of it works at all.

Think about these questions:

• Why do you want the unsullied to be freed if they are murderers?
  • Why do you care if the wildings make it to the other side of the wall if they just end up going back?
  • Why do you care whose son Jon is if he's just a criminal in the end?
  • Does Jon really need to take Winterfell back from the Boltons to kill the Night King? Why didn't Bran just let the Night King's army kill Ramsay for him?
  • Is Bran Stark really Bran Stark or is he the three-eyed raven? If he is the three-eyed raven and not Bran anymore, then he is malevolent and people should be wary of everything he says.
  • Why did the Tyrells have to die for Daenerys to do as she did? Wouldn't it have been more dramatically exciting for Cersei to have them on her side in the final battle, given what happened?
  • Why did Jaime leave Cersei when this had absolutely no impact on the battle, either in Winterfell or King's Landing? He did nothing. That's what Brienne should have written. "He threatened to catapult a baby and died like a bitch."
  • Why does Varys spend his entire storyline supporting a Targaryen restoration when he switches his loyalties at the last possible second over a technicality?

Just some for it. Literally anything, including the Night King killing everyone would have made for a better rewatch of this series.

Vectorman

Oct 25, 2017
Riding the Chillwavves

Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes the Winter Soldier) throwing out some mild frustration about Game of Thrones. He might not have liked the ending much considering how much he liked the show.

Last edited:

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
"Remember when Viserys got murdered? Remember all those slavers who got executed? What about the Meereenese nobles? Remember when she murdered the Tarlys? Did they deserve to die? What about them, huh? What about--"

tumblr_ol89m2Iw6F1spkic4o4_500.gif

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it, the Mereenese Masters were slavers that all deserved to face the same fate as their Astoporian brethren. She should have executed ALL of them, and then divided their wealth and property amongst their former slaves. Let's put aside that they crucified children to make a statement to Dany for now. The slavers in Slavers Bay and Volantis had pathways where they strung up slaves to be punished, and they used the chopped hands and feet of slaves as road direction signs. That was a socially agreed upon brutality. So I don't care if fuck face claims that his dad didn't support crucifying the children. What about all the rest of their vile practices?

Happy Time Fun World was funny until Pycelle shat himself on the show, then it was funnier.

Wait that bit at the end with Pycelle actually happened in the show? I don't remember it lol. I knew the lip syncing and Ned's reaction were too perfect.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Jon really need to take Winterfell back from the Boltons to kill the Night King? Why didn't Bran just let the Night King's army kill Ramsay for him?

giphy.gif

Oh my god I just noticed this makes no fucking sense

(I maintain the final battle in the books does not take place at Winterfell, or even in the North at all. It's at the Trident, as seen in Dany's vision)

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
wp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F06%252Fsmashed-computer.gif%252Ffit-in__1200x9600.gif

Gods, even these parody videos show just how much life there was in the earlier seasons. King's Landing and in fact most of the settings had regular citizens interacting and amongst the main characters. The world felt alive :(

Yep, not sure where the s8 budget went, but it should have been two regular seasons with the same budgets as previous ones, filmed one year each. S8 felt cheaper than ever.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I also thought the season felt strangely cheaper than previous seasons. Not when it came to effects, but in the effort that they took to make the world feel alive and lived-in. Aside from a few scenes, locations largely felt empty and lifeless, King's Landing the notable example. They really should have adapted more KL characters starting in seasons 4-5 to prepare for the Tyrells and Tywin being killed off. Leaving KL with Bronn (who can't even do scenes with Cersei), Jaimie (when he wasn't off on a mission) a mute Zombie, and Qyburn made that location feel really irrelevant. Just a set for Cersei to drink wine. They didn't even have enough named characters for a puppet court or small council.

Add that to very few scenes of citizens milling about, (and where were they after KL was burned? Were there really no survivors? except that one guy walking?) and that laughably lackluster "Great Council" and yeah, the world really shrunk by the time we got to the final season. And it felt cheaper because of it (even if the budget and effects were overall higher).

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine when Meera receives the news that Bran is king of Westeros.

She'd expose him for what he truly is. Couldn't even be bothered to give her an emotional and heartfelt goodbye and now he's King of it all? Bran's probably secretly plotting to get rid of her so as to not reveal his truth.

I'm telling y'all Tyrion fucked Westeros. Bran stated point blank that he couldn't be Lord of Winterfell, and that he couldn't be Lord of anything really. A season later and he just "yeps" at being offered the top job?

MemorableGreatKouprey-size_restricted.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of typing up a complete rewrite of the ending of the series from season 7 episode 4 through the end of season 8, in terms of how I think the plot should have gone and to make it closer to how I think things end in the books. The one thing I just can't figure out is how to end the White Walker storyline; I've got an idea for how I think it might end, but I'm not sure it's satisfying (although still a hundred times better than "Arya stabs one and they all die lol").

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Oh God, we saw Hodors dick didn't we?!

Oh yes. Yes we did. There are 2 or 3 instances of full frontal male nudity in season 1.

Unfortunately, they stopped doing it after season 1. They definitely should have continued, especially since the unwarranted, gratuitous female nudity didn't stopped at all throughout the series...