• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom already has bunch of p2w/mtx included in their single player games like DMC (red orbs) and the RE games, so they might as well give us the option to buy the decorations in MHW. The drop rates for some decorations are already so absurdly low that you could play the game for like 600+ hours and never get a rare decoration like bow charge plus. If you don't have that skill and main bow, your damage is cut significantly. And it's not just one decoration that has an absurdly low drop rate, there's a bunch of others. Let me just drop a few bucks and let me buy the decorations out right since Capcom is never going to increase the drop rate for it. The game also isn't PvP sooo why not.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Z1CXds1.gif

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I wish Rock Band 4 could've adopted Guitar Hero Live's 'pay to play once'/'pay to play everything for x hours' payment options.

This is the only instance I can think of.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Sakurai, I am begging you, I will pay exorbitant amounts of money for Street Fighter-style costume packs featuring my favorite Nintendo characters. Where's Beach Party Ganondorf? Where's Ski Trip Dedede? Where's fursuit Rosalina? Why am I only able to buy costumes for the three worst-looking characters in the entire game?

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I could just buy an unlock for characters in Smash Ultimate. Or let my amibo unlock them, I don't want to grind just to have friends over.

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Literally zero games are made inherently better because they made the option to exploit the addictive personalities of its most corruptable consumers.

Corporations are not your friends.

OP
OP

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Cheat Engine is a thing.
Not on consoles. And there's no trading in MHW nor is there cross play for console players to get items from pc players (not possible anyway.)
I wish I could just buy an unlock for characters in Smash Ultimate. Or let my amibo unlock them, I don't want to grind just to have friends over.
Yeah. Paying to unlock characters in fighting games from the start would be pretty nice. Or be able to pay to level up in rpgs instead of grinding to save time.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Not on consoles. And there's no trading in MHW nor is there cross play for console players to get items from pc players (not possible anyway.)

Yeah. Paying to unlock characters in fighting games from the start would be pretty nice. Or be able to pay to level up in rpgs instead of grinding to save time.
PS4 has Save Wizard, and Switch has cheats for every game if you're on CFW.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Sakurai, I am begging you, I will pay exorbitant amounts of money for Street Fighter-style costume packs featuring my favorite Nintendo characters. Where's Beach Party Ganondorf? Where's Ski Trip Dedede? Where's fursuit Rosalina? Why am I only able to buy costumes for the three worst-looking characters in the entire game?
I hate that I was also going to say none and then realized upon reading this that I would definitely pay money for Smash costumes. Hell, I've bought several Mii costumes already and I don't even fucking use the Miis.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
paying for arbitrary in-game rewards that should've been there after paying the full price anyway.

who doesnt want that, every game should have it.

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, I think the trend is positive for you, I don't know how we can escape.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Devs need to pull the plug on limited-time cosmetics that become unobtainable forever once they gone. Just put that shit up for sale on the game store, wtf.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
This isnt the topic, but can I wish a game had different microtransactions than the ones they do?

I was excited to start PSO2, until I hit the shop to buy a decent outfit only to learn cosmetics are a limited time gatcha system roulette leaving any stock to player vending at ridiculous prices if anyone is selling it at all thanks to its rarity. Fuck that mobile shit, Sega. I would have been willing to pay $15 to look good for hundreds of hours I would have invested into it as a show of support. Uninstalled it. Limited time cosmetics are horseshit

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Can I wish that developers would just not design things to be such massive, tedious grinds that paying to skip them starts looking appealing?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Believe it or not, I actually like a game that is complete when it ships. Unless it's an expansion or dlc maps, I'm perfectly fine with the original content a game has.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017

As much as people rightfully shit on the WWE games, they at least give you the free option to unlock everything through the menu. We shouldn't have to pay the devs to waste less of our time.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Would it mean I could change the game in question to be F2P?

If so, I always thought Playstation Allstars Battle Royale should've been a free-to-play game supported by cosmetic microtransactions. The only way that game was going to get enough of an audience to be supported/improved from its original form was to be free.

If not, no game.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................Why even ask this question