• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
OP none of what you outline has to be paid. The fact you immediately go there is just depressing.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it would have been cheaper had IIDX music tracks/packs been a thing back in the PS2 heyday. Spending upwards of $80+ or whatnot for each Style release was pretty nuts, and that was just IIDX. So many music games back then. LOL

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
Uhh, I personally have no desire to see any microtransactions in any 60 USD game. Now if you are asking which game should have been free to play with support for microtransactions from the start? Then EA's sports titles could work like that MAYBE, but ideally, no microtransactions at all in console games.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
There have been times where I would have considered paying to hurry a grind along if it was an option.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
EWa_sYKUYAEnc3s

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Every game should follow the Mortal Kombat Deception model for MTX.

Aka No MTX, everything included in the game, unlock it all by playing through the game's story mode.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm never going to make a game so I'll never be able to make this joke for real, but I always wanted a game to have a single MTX for $1.99 that gave you the achievement for beating the final boss, played the ending cutscene, and rolled credits.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
How the fuck did I guess this is about MHW before clicking ?

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why stop at just microtransactions? Every game should also have loot boxes and an optional subscription on top of next gen price increases. Oh and a battle pass.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Why stop at just microtransactions? Every game should also have loot boxes and an optional subscription on top of next gen price increases. Oh and a battle pass.

Better yet, battle passes that unlocks ability to buy lootboxes and special lootboxes can only be purchased if you subscribe.

Sounds like i'm joking but you can actually find Korean MMOs that does this.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I would spend hundreds of dollars on smash bros skins for characters that aren't miis

all those Odyssey costumes for Mario & Peach. All the different class costumes for the fire emblem characters. All the link botw outfits. The potential inkling combinations. They're literally sitting on a gold mine.

Johnnybarra

Nov 1, 2018
I wish I could just buy an unlock for characters in Smash Ultimate. Or let my amibo unlock them, I don't want to grind just to have friends over.
This is a good example.

Charge $1.99 or something small and unlock everyone at once.

I'm a big fan of this for some games, like in Resident Evil 2 you can pay $5 and it unlocks unlimited ammo and all the other crazy stuff that you can unlock by replaying the game over and over again.

It's just nice to have some time saving options.

Other than that, I can't think of any mtx that a game would benefit from.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
No. I've wished a game would just cost more so that it wouldn't endlessly wave microtransactions in my face, though.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
There's not a single game that I wish had microtransactions.

I instead wish games were designed better and they didn't feel needed. (And in games that do have them, I wish they weren't designed to make you feel pressured to buy them.)

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Every single game. Every playable character should have 10, 20, 30 costumes availabe for purchase.

Swinging back to your DMC example, imagine if we had the option to play with all Dante's in DMC5. DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4, hell d.m.c for whoever wants that. Instead we get jack shit. We on the console side get to watch the PC players mess around with mods.

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every single game. Every playable character should have 10, 20, 30 costumes availabe for purchase.

Swinging back to your DMC example, imagine if we had the option to play with all Dante's in DMC5. DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4, hell d.m.c for whoever wants that. Instead we get jack shit. We on the console side get to watch the PC players mess around with mods.

Let's do it! Put microtransactions into everything! Cyberpunk hellscape: Video Game Edition!
Celeste
Undertale
The Last of Us Part II
Final Fantasy VII Remake

1. You are out of lives! Regain 1 per 30 minutes or buy some here! (200 lives for $19.99 MOST POPULAR!) (1500 lives for $99.99 BEST DEAL!)
  2. You are out of stamina for attacking/acting! You can't flirt for another 5 hours. Or get unlimited actions, attacks, and HP in the "determination" bundle for $29.99 (more then the actual game)
  3. You used up all your ammo! Air drop in some more for $9.99 an hour or put the game down for a month until Ellie finds some!
  4. Your weapon ran out of durability! Wait until you've finished repairing it at the heat death of the universe, Or gIvE us YoUr SoUl for infinite uses!

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Call Of Duty:Modern Warfare because Battlepasses suck and I can't believe people like that crap, and their free tiers suck too. Much better to unlock lootboxes with random content than this bs.
I don't personally ever buy COD mtx with real money, but I do enjoy buying them with in game currency earned.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a fan of microtransactions, especially from the most egregious offenders (lookin at you, Ubisoft), but with this thread predicated on the notion that they're an inevitability and here to stay...

Mario Maker 2 has been... okay with the content updates and we've got some pretty good stuff. And don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that it's all been free. But I would pay money if it meant they would release more. Things like the costumes from SMM1 and Lanky Mario are small things I would like to have. Level themes, powerups, and enemy types could also be a thing. Really the sky's the limit for what they could add.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I wrote an email to Tecmo back at the 360 launch asking for DOA4 costumes dlc.
Boy did they take that email serious for 5 and 6 😅

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish Mario 3 had mtx so I could lootbox RNG for the warp whistle. Seems like fun.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
"OP, it's 3 AM. Why are you wishing for more microtransactions in video games?"

"Because I lost control over my life."

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
None. if a game is so stingy with its "fun" that I could even consider P2W then the problem is with the game... and with me for having probably the start of a gambling problem, time to get dopamine from other source.