• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Here are the games I have beaten last month:

- Assemble With Care (iPad)
- Possessions (iPad)
- Jenny LeClue - Detectivu (iPad)
- The Get Out Kids (iPad)
- Answer Knot (PC)

Took advantage of the Apple Arcade free trial this month, some lovely games on that service. What games have you beaten in September, Era?

Previous threads in 2019:

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
  • Yakuza 0 - PS4
  • Super Metroid - SNES/Switch Online
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Switch
  • Astral Chain - Switch

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
FE3H, Link's Awakening, Untitled Goose.

Still pretty early in Astral chain and only played few hrs of Marvel Ultimate lol. Although that was getting kinda boring for me tbh.

Apr 3, 2018
The wait for Shadowkeep gave me some time to explore other games.

Diablo 3 (all achievements earned)
What Remains of Edith Finch (easy 100%)
Lego Batman (still cleaning up there)
Wolf Among Us (finishing tonight)

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Link's Awakening
Pokemon Ultra Moon
Untitled Goose Game

I think that's it sofar!

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
In order of completion:

- The Council [Steam / 11.5 hrs]
- Remnants: From the Ashes [Steam / 14 hrs]
- DmC: Devil May Cry [Steam / 13 hrs]
- Call of Duty: Ghosts [Steam / 5 hrs]
- Ryse: Son of Rome [Steam / 7 hrs]
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare [Steam / 10 hrs]

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
September was Apple Arcade month for me too. I finished:
  • Assemble with Care (iPad)
  • Jenny LeClue (iPad)
  • Projection: First Light (iPad)
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts (iPad)

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Astral Chain: A much beefier game than I was expecting. Put about 30 hours into it for a single playthrough. Loved it. Hopefully it sold well enough for them to make a second game.

Trails in the Sky SC: Also longer than I was expecting. First game took me about 35 hours and this one added almost 20 hours to that. I liked it about the same as the first game overall. I kinda think of them as one long game, though. Again, really liked it and I'm excited to tackle the rest of this series.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: Revisted this in the few days between finishing Trails in the Sky SC and starting Dragon Quest XI S. I originally dropped this back when I first bought it because the Switch version suffered from crashes. Looks like the game was patched because I didn't have any crashes this time. I actually enjoyed this a lot more than I originally did in my first attempt. Shantae is fun to control and the stages are fun. I enjoyed combing through them to try to find everything. Looking forward to Seven Sirens a lot more now than I was a week ago.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Borderlands 3, The Sojourn, Trine 4, Super Mario Maker 2 story mode (first non-work game in a while!)

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I only beat Link's Awakening, but I plan on finishing upDaemon X Machina and hopefully DQ XI S before Outter Worlds and Luigi's Mansion 3 hit at the end of the month.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
AC Odyssey
Control
Yakuza Kiwami

I played Odyssey on and off for almost a year so felt good to get that one off my backlog. Also didn't think I'd finish Kiwami this month but the back half of the game moved a lot quicker than I thought and wound up wrapping up this past weekend.

Now to find my next game to play.

d-rek

Oct 28, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey

In the release month I put in however many hours to get near the end and just stopped playing. Friday night I put it back in and beat the last set of bosses and worlds. Took about an hour. Don't know how I didn't realize I was that close to the end.

First game I've beaten in a few months.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders: fun game.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: finished the story, but still playing it regularly.

Judgement: Engaging main story, but otherwise kinda bland. Mid to low tier Yakuza game.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Been digging into my PS+ backlog this month :

Until Dawn
Detroit Become Human
Tearaway Unfolded
Knack

Also managed a second playthrough of Killzone Shadowfall and just finished off Rage 2 Rise of the Ghosts expansion.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
-Astral chain: great action game, top 3 P* game
-AI:The Somnium files: Really good "kind of VN" game, Uchikoshi has returned in full force
-Link's Awakening: Great remake, maybe the best "totally faithful" remake ever
-Gears 5: A big improvement over 4, best-looking game ever and a really fun TPS that doesn't benefit at all from the hoeshorend open-world sections

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Katana Zero: Amazing game. A spiritual heir to Hotline Miami and a must play.
Blair Witch: Really good for most of its runtime, but dwindles towards the end. Great atmosphere.
Quantum Break: Ambitious plot but gameplay didn't feel refined enough. Least fav Remedy game.
Yakuza 6: Amazing. One of the best in the series, awesome characters and I loved the new engine.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (OG Xbox) - Love the small town setting and it has a few interesting sequences but too much focus on bad shooting and bad stealth. Poor checkpoints too. Bad.
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP) - Kind of uninspired and unoriginal Ratchet & Clank clone but it's Ratchet & Clank so it was a decent time anyway. It's too careful and doesn't do anything to make it a unique experience. Decent.
- Daxter (PSP) - Solid 3D platformer which suffered a bit from PSP controls and bad checkpoints. Good.
- Secret Agent Clank (PSP) - Well made action platformer with plenty of mini-games. Fun and well designed levels but some poor balancing and checkpoints. Good.
- Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4) - Short and with bad side quests but what's there wasn't bad for the most part apart from the missions where you protect someone. Decent.
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) - Sometimes very atmospheric and interesting to explore but the story becomes a bit of a soap opera and the gameplay isn't great. Good.
- Dishonored (PS3) - Very good immersive sim with plenty of approaches and where builds matter a lot which adds replay value. Great.
- Gears 5 (X1) - An AAA powerhouse with a stunning attention to detail and a pretty good story to follow. One of the best TPS games out there.
- Gears 4 (X1) - Not as interesting as Gears 5 in terms of setting and story but it's a highly polished and well made shooter. Great.
- DMC5 (X1) - The setting and level design of basically each mission feels like uninspired filler but the combat is damn fine and the bosses are good. Great.
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings (Gamecube) - Fun combat and outstanding background art but everything takes such a long time to do in the game and the characters and story are ultra-generic. Decent.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
So far just

- Control. A Double A game in a Triple A Jacket. It would have been my game of the year if it wasn't for the 2000's UI and you dying by thing hitting you from out of side and enemies spawning on you.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I count Iceborne since I beat the "story" part and I managed to get all the things I wanted, I just log in to do random quests now, aside from that , I rarely beat game anyone, I usually just play until nearing the end , then start playing a new game :P

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
I've beaten:
  • TLoZ: Skyward Sword
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • Celeste
I think I had started Skyward Sword roughly at the beginning of June and had a break throughout August (can't remember though).
As far as the game goes, I liked it, a lot, actually! The controls took a bit to get used to, but other than that it was a damn quality adventure.
After years of hearing how divisive it was, I was kind of surprised just by how enjoyable I found it. I literally couldn't stop playing, what a fine capstone to the Wii's library.

As for Wario Land: Shake It!, I didn't think it was that great. To be fair, maybe I just don't like the gameplay loop of the Wario Land series, but the game in general felt like busywork, and I beat it just for the sake of closure, what a disappointment.

Finally, Celeste (thanks Epic!)
It's maybe a bit far up its own ass in regards of the story (so quirky!), and I didn't relate to the main conflict, at all, but it's a damn fine game.
Almost pure (and quality) platforming, coupled with also quality visuals (although the in-game character sprites are uninspired as hell).
What can I say? It's good, but I don't think I will be arsed to even try the optional balls-hard challenges, maybe another time.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Astral Chain
Super Kirby Clash (Story Mode)
Gears 5
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Untitled Goose Game
Sayonara Wild Hearts

Last edited:

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Gears 5 : was bored the whole time and kept bugging iceblade about it. Even streamed it to him and he wasn't impressed either XD Ten years stuck behind third person shooter

Control : pretty good, waiting for dlc

Children of Morta : Excellent roguelite

Borderlands 3

Ion Fury, Hexen, Heretic and beat Dragon's Crown Pro in hard, just got insane left

BaloneyFraise

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
I finally beat Metal Gear Solid 3 on ps3, I had started it ten years ago on ps2 but never finished it. Overall I think I liked it more than MGS2, some survival aspects get tiresome but I loved the setting and the characters.
I might beat MGS4 for the first time in october, already halfway through.

Last edited:

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
7.9. Astral Chain (Switch) - Still in the middle of playing through the post-game file.
24.9. Utawarerumono: Zan (PS4) Had low expectations for this one and it was even worse than I thought. Bring on a new console VN, please.
29.9. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (PS4) Excellent game with mostly excellent music.

Chrizzy_81

Oct 28, 2017
England
I actually finished a game! Control. Really enjoyed it, the whole X files vibe I really digged. Combat could be frustrating but it really has been a breath of fresh air generally.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I actually finished quite a few of games in September:

- Fallout 3 (from the beginning)
- GreedFall (from the beginning)
- Fallout 4 (from the final few main quests chain)
- Borderlands 2 (from the final few main quests chain)

Fallout 4 was the longest unfinished game I've ever played. It took me 350+ hours to finally see the credits.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Only game a finished this month

wof.png