• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Beaten:
  1. Yoku's Island Express (PC Game Pass)
  2. Dead Cells (PC Game Pass)
  3. Gears 5 (PC Game Pass)
  4. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC Game Pass)
  5. I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin' Good Dating Simulator (PC)
Dropped:
  1. Undertale (didn't not feel the groove after one hour that evening. Plan to go back) (PC Game Pass)

Oct 27, 2017
As always I will update my list:

September 2019 Games:

17) Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon Remake (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
Score: 8/10
16) Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage Remake (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
Score: 7.5/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 2019 Games:

15) Spyro the Dragon Remake (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
Score: 7/10
14) Assassin's Creed 2 Remastered (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
13) Detroit Become Human (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 2019 Games:

12) Farcry 4 (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
June 2019 Games:

11) The Surge (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
10) SOMA (Started- Finished- 100%)
May 2019 Games:

9) Batman Arkham City Remastered DLC Revenge of Harley Quinn (Started- Finished- 100%)
8) What Remains of Edith Finch (Started- Finished- 100%)
7) Far Cry Primal (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
April 2019 Games:

6) Batman Arkham City Remastered (PS4) (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
Score: 8.5/10
March 2019 Games:

5) Assassin's Creed Origins DLC The Hidden Ones (PS4) (Started- Finished- 100%)
4) Assassin's Creed Origins DLC The Curse of the Pharaohs (PS4) (Started- Finished- 100%)
3) Assassin's Creed Origins DLC The Discovery Tour (PS4) (Started- Finished- 100%)
Score: 6/10
2) Batman Arkham Asylum Remastered (PS4) (Started- Finished- Platinumed)
February 2019 Games:

1) Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4) (Started in December 2018! - Finished and Platinumed in February 2019)
January 2019 Games:

None!

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Beaten:

AI The Somnium Files (PS4)
Oninaki (PS4)

Ongoing:

Judgment (PS4)
Ys 8 Memories of Celceta (I only play it occasionally as this is now my main podcast game) (PS4)
FFVIII remaster (Switch)

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Link's Awakening, Astral Chain and Fire Emblem: 3 Houses. I think this is the first time this year I've beaten 3 games in the same month.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Gears 5
Celeste
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (replay, not played since, like 2005!)
Untitled Goose Game

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i finally finished Mario Odyssey and i bought it at launch! lol. i done about 4 kingdoms then didn't play it again until a few weeks ago.

well... i beat the story. got 212 moons left to find and there is a few post game kingdoms to do. at this point it's no longer my focus. i'll still pick it up and play when i feel like it. i'm now gonna move on to either Astral Chain or Link's Awakening.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
  • Borderlands 3 (Finished it co-op exactly one week after release. Still unsure if it's the best game in the series or not. The story was disappointing af)
  • Metro 2033 Redux (I didn't realise that I was at the next-to-last mission for over two years, so I finished it in about 45 minutes lol)
  • Katana Zero (Absolutely fantastic Hotline Miami-like. Everything about it just oozes quality. Music, art style, the controls, game design..)

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
  • The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES via SNES Switch Online)
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Remake, Switch)
Was really hoping to finish Astral Chain this month but alas. Early October though.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Link's Awakening remake. I hoped to beat Octopath Traveler beforehand, but for some reason I lost my interest after beating chapter 3 fo few characters.

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
I've beaten Control, Blair Witch and Blasphemous. It's been a productive month. Lately for me, it usually takes a couple of months to beat one game. Out of those 3 games I beat I only liked Blasphemous.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Katamari Damacy REROLL. My first experience with the series and I absolutely loved it.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AC odyssey. Scale of the game is quite amazing and even after finishing it i'm still exploring which i rarely do.

I think one the biggest issues i found with the game was the level scaling, places that you already visited the enemies trail you by 2 levels and the story recommended level is always kept the same as you i think.

The problem with this is i never quite get the satisfaction of grinding and levelling up as the world just keeps up with you, and it actually makes it more grindy as it is possible your armour/weapon level falls behind and you have go hunting/looting to get enough resources to constantly upgrade. On the flip side it does mean you never become overpowered and are always challenged but those things don't really bother me, i rather have the option to turn it off.

Wasn't a huge fan of the ship gameplay made traversing the environments more cumbersome, i preferred origins where that was limited and you could get to most places just using your boat. I would rather they scale down a bit and make the world a bit more easier to traverse like in origins.

XeroxKopy

Oct 27, 2017
This month:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (PS4)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials & Tribulations (PS4)

Platinum'd the collection.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
Astro Bot: Loved it from the beginning to the very end. One of my favorite games this generation.
Subsurface Circular: It almost escaped me that I beat this a few weeks ago. A forgettable game, but short enough so it didn't bother me.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
I have beaten both Astral Chain and Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Now playing Pokemon: Lets Go, beaten 3 gym leaders, on to the next one.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Doom 3 (PC) - 3/5
It's okay. The game does look fantastic for its time (having played the original version seems to have helped, the BFG version seems like it looks worse) but the smaller-scale, more restrained combat isn't that interesting on its own merits, much less compared to its stellar predecessors. The enemy variety is good and I don't mind the slightly-strained ammo count, but the narrow corridors that like 80% of the game takes place in really limits encounter variety, which is perhaps more important, and you rarely fight enemies in interesting configurations that let them work together in cool ways, which is a huge part of what makes the classic Doom games work. I also think the game leans a bit too heavily on powerful hitscan enemies and has too many encounters that hinge on ambushes, which is annoying given this game's slower movement and higher-HP enemies than classic Doom.

I'm sure the scaled-down combat was done in service of making the game creepier or more atmospheric, but as good as the game looks, it doesn't really work out; the horror elements, jumpscares, and plot are all too hokey for me to really get behind. Definitely the weakest Doom game.

Dead Space (PC) - 3/5
A solid third-person shooter that does a pleasant job of imitating Resident Evil 4. The limb-cutting gimmick that enforces precise aiming is very good, and most of the enemies are interesting to fight (with some exceptions; the wall-mounted guys, the tall guys whose body parts split up after death, and occasionally the projectile-spitting babies are tedious), but the game does have some problems with enemy variety. There are very few higher-tier enemies (if we're making RE4 or RE5 comparisons, the only enemy in Dead Space that acts as an equivalent to chainsaw guys, gatling gunners, or the reaper bugs are brutes, the armored necromorphs who only show up like three times and, iirc, always alone). This really impacts encounter variety, since it does feel like you're fighting the same enemies without much variation in formation throughout the game, and it isn't helped by the fact that all of the bosses are just tepid setpieces. The game's visuals and audio are very well-realized; the storyline is a little uncharismatic but still fine. Given how much Dead Space pulls from RE4, it's difficult to not draw comparisons between the two, and Dead Space is really just flatly worse than RE4 (and RE5) in every way.

Dead Space 2 (PC) - 3/5
Solid followup to the first that is around the same level in terms of quality. The visuals are lush and the amount of cool, well-rendered environments you go through is pretty crazy, so right off the bat this game is a treat for the eyes in a way even the first game wasn't. It eschews the first game's more restrained fights for bigger, crazier battles, which I think is overall a positive - it's not as though the first game was creepy, so going all-in on combat is to this game's benefit - but in the end it still shares many of that game's problems with enemy variety (this game does at least add several new types of enemies who work well in groups with others, which is a great thing, but adds a few lame things like the tedious landmine enemies too, and it does nothing to fix the first game's issues with a lack of high-level enemies or bosses). I think the encounter design starts to feel haphazard partway through the game, too - enemies will continuously spawn in during fights with no audio cue and can attack without warning, and given this game's restrained movement options, this means the most reasonable path to victory is often just to die several times and memorize where the additional, surprise enemies will come from. The pacing and combat in this game are solid enough that with some tweaks, I think it could have stood out as an excellent shooter, but variety and telegraphing are just weak enough to drag it down.

Also started playing Bioshock this month and replayed Metal Gear Solid 4 (a little better than I remembered, but still a messy game whose stages start falling apart rapidly once you get past act 2) and Metal Gear Rising (excellent action game with a brilliant final boss, even if it is rough around the edges).