Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
The idea that GameStop is worth this price, much less multiple times what it is now, is incredibly irrational, but who said the market was rational? Besides my high school economics class.

Oct 20, 2018
I enjoy that Gamestop is now stock-Qanon, complete with wild theories pulled from thin air.

Also, I'm very skeptical that the guy that founded a money-losing pet stuff store will manage to transform Gamestop into a venture with a future.

I also don't think hedge funds are still heavily shorting Gamestop at this point in time, there's no indication of that.

Hey hey ;)

So this rally might be the result of last week "margin call rumors" or the "Failed to delivered" cycle or the NFT gamestop might release ( a website came out yesterday from gamestop.com domain )

The NFT that gamestop is promoting could be for digital games.

Theory : For games developpers, this might be very good. Good for gamer maybe ( we could resell games, but i guess it will not lower the price? )

Last edited:

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Their NFT initiative is a desperate attempt at cashing in on current hype, it won't matter to the gaming world and we won't be able to resell games (why would we even need NFTs for that, an NFT isn't connected to the product being "sold" in any way, it's just Ethereum coin shavings with a hyperlink).

I just hope AMC can reach the heights of GME i.e 300 dollars. That will be amazing.

That's really unlikely, even with the current meme frenzy going on.

Oct 20, 2018
Their NFT initiative is a desperate attempt at cashing in on current hype, it won't matter to the gaming world and we won't be able to resell games (why would we even need NFTs for that, an NFT isn't connected to the product being "sold" in any way, it's just Ethereum coin shavings with a hyperlink).

But in theory, they could link a digital game to a "nft-like" blockchain? And people could resell it? Like a un-piratable Cd key? ( i'm noob in blockchain lol )

Nothing was annonced it's just speculation.

The most logical thing right now, is the FTD and the short-seller didn't cover to explain the rally.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
I bet AMC can make it to $100. *Maybe* $200. Anything above that is highly unlikely and the narrative is built to have people holding the bag. I'm up $260 on AMC, thanks to dumping a free Robinhood MS stock into it, might as well ride it out.

This is what I'm thinking. There is a possible squeeze coming and if it soes happen we could see triple digita but I dont expect anything above the 200s at like the best possible outcome.

That being said there are a lot ofshorts and a ton of volume so I do hope to see it climb high. Either way I bought in over the last several months and my avg price is at about $8 so I can avoid losing money fairly easy even though I do have 4k in it

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
But in theory, they could link a digital game to a "nft-like" blockchain? And people could resell it? Like a un-piratable Cd key? ( i'm noob in blockchain lol )

Nothing was annonced it's just speculation.

Yes, that could be done. But digital platforms like Steam could allow people to resell their games right now, there's no need for NFTs at all. NFTs are just a pointless additional ancillary element. NFTs don't solve any problem.

And publishers won't let people resell their games, because they want to make money selling a digital product themselves. There's a clear business case against it.

That won't stop people on reddit talking themselves into a frenzy about a company that doesn't seem to have much of a future.

The most logical thing right now, is the FTD and the short-seller didn't cover to explain the rally.

That's not the most logical thing at all, shorts have had months to cover. And there's no indication the stock is shorted a ton.

$19 AMC WOW! and the movies haven't came out yet, I can see it go past $30

This is a company that was close to bankruptcy before getting a new lease on life thanks to being able to emit new stock to bagholders. It's clearly overvalued right now, but who knows how high it might go.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
WSB has been incoherent and cultlike for months now along with any other investing posts that make it to the front page. I made some money the first wave but am sitting my butt down this go around

That sub is long gone and it's crazy to think that one stock fucked up any real discussion of other plays. I really don't see it coming back since so many splintered off into different subs under new names so it wouldn't trace back to wsb. GME whole circus energy is just as bad.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
That sub is long gone and it's crazy to think that one stock fucked up any real discussion of other plays. I really don't see it coming back since so many splintered off into different subs under new names so it wouldn't trace back to wsb. GME whole circus energy is just as bad.

Didn't they ban the GME talks from that sub? A lot went to Superstonks for example

Oct 20, 2018
That's not the most logical thing at all, shorts have had months to cover. And there's no indication the stock is shorted a ton.

The "failed to delivered" imply that the shorter "kick the can down" by "faking cover".( i'm french first and not a financial advisor lol ).

www.investopedia.com

What Is Failure to Deliver, and What Happens With FTDs?

Failure to deliver (FTD) refers to a situation where one party in a transaction does not meet their obligation to either pay for or supply an asset.

And shorter at 10$ level don't want to realize their lose by covering.

The shorter really seem to didn't cover..

www.reuters.com

Gamestop, AMC short sellers lost $754 mln after Tuesday's rally - Ortex

Investors shorting meme stocks GameStop (GME.N) and AMC (AMC.N) Entertainment are estimated to have lost $754 million on Tuesday alone as the shares rallied, data from financial analytics firm Ortex shows.

1 thing i'm "scare" is how fast will it goes down if/when they cover.

About the NFT, i know nothing so lol. Maybe the Digital Logan Paul card collaboration? haha i freaking hope not

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Chart here showing AMC's marketcap. It's currently well over double its ATH back when it was profitable, long before covid and studios started shortening theater exclusivity windows. And it's over 12 times more expensive than pre-covid. The average 12 month price target from analysts is $6.44.

AMC Entertainment Holdings Market Cap 2013-2023 | AMC

AMC Entertainment Holdings market cap history and chart from 2013 to 2023. Market capitalization (or market value) is the most commonly used method of measuring the size of a publicly traded company and is calculated by multiplying the current stock price by the number of shares outstanding...

Last edited:

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Chart here showing AMC's marketcap. It's currently well over double its ATH back when it was profitable, long before covid and studios started shortening theater exclusivity windows. And it's over 12 times more expensive than pre-covid. The average 12 month price target from analysts is $6.44.

AMC Entertainment Holdings Market Cap 2013-2023 | AMC

AMC Entertainment Holdings market cap history and chart from 2013 to 2023. Market capitalization (or market value) is the most commonly used method of measuring the size of a publicly traded company and is calculated by multiplying the current stock price by the number of shares outstanding...

No one is thinking this is a real valuation, not really. It's shorted and there is very little available stock left. It's a cash grab gambling stock at the moment.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No one is thinking this is a real valuation, not really. It's shorted and there is very little available stock left. It's a cash grab gambling stock at the moment.
What do you mean "very little available stock"? Short interest is about 27%, all of whom could cover multiple times over just today. Are you not aware AMC did massive dilution a while back? The recipe for a GME January style short squeeze doesn't exist.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
The amount of shares outstanding in AMC has quadrupled since last September. There's an amazing amount of magical thinking going on in this thread. Please don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose.
pSf4rwq.png

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just sold my AMC stocks. I had a few that I foolishly bought high from the last time it was popular, and had held them until now. Made a small bit of money, but mainly I just wanted off the ride. It might go up a little more, but I don't believe it'll go completely nuts, and it can just as likely go back down from here.

I'll just put the money back into ETFs or something. I have too much money in dumb internet investment shit right now, and need to put some of it back into sensible investments.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I laughed when I saw a ticker today with GME over $240. I get a kick out of seeing people make money on these investments while the others who arent in on it scream from the sidelines about how irrational it is while they trip over charts and technical analysis wrapped around their legs like a damn cartoon.

Let these people eat. They are still making money off of it, and good for them. Times are hard, Im glad to see some regular folks winning.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I laughed when I saw a ticker today with GME over $240. I get a kick out of seeing people make money on these investments while the others who arent in on it scream from the sidelines about how irrational it is while they trip over charts and technical analysis wrapped around their legs like a damn cartoon.

Let these people eat. They are still making money off of it, and good for them. Times are hard, Im glad to see some regular folks winning.
And the regular folks who get left behind as the bagholders losing most of their money after the pumpers have moved on? It's not just "evil short sellers" or "the hedgies" who get burned in bubbles.

916dude

Nov 13, 2020
Scared money don't make money..

If you're the risk aversion type, then go about your business..throw money into your etfs, get your returns, or not.. save your money, pay your bills, enjoy your life...etc etc.. to those that bought into the gme/amc/meme stock hype, hope it works out..

the people sitting on the sidelines..calling out the "bagholders" or poking fun at those who are fully invested in what they believe are the worst..don't act like you're the market expert when even "experts" are saying something is up with these movements...ie.. why are these stocks even trading at these prices...ie there are governments hearings on this happening..

stock market is heavily biased towards the rich, and connected..the rules don't apply the same to everyone..the difference now is that it's coming to light... gme could skyrocket, it can tank tomorrow, amc could blow, your 401k can vanish, markets crash, people get rich, people lose money..

https://youtu.be/_TPYuIRVfew loopholes, different set of rules.. eyes are on this sort of stuff now..

Divorced Dad

Banned
Feb 16, 2021
I put $500 into AMC about a month ago and completely forgot about it. Going to let it ride and see if I can get a Tesla out of this

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Im still bagholding and even considered doubling down a few weeks ago but Im already gambling a chunk on crypto.

Oct 29, 2017
Just sold my AMC stocks. I had a few that I foolishly bought high from the last time it was popular, and had held them until now. Made a small bit of money, but mainly I just wanted off the ride. It might go up a little more, but I don't believe it'll go completely nuts, and it can just as likely go back down from here.

I'll just put the money back into ETFs or something. I have too much money in dumb internet investment shit right now, and need to put some of it back into sensible investments.

This is almost word for word my experience except I somehow made like $2.7k when selling. I could've still held but I just wanted off the ride at this point, I was several thousand in the hole in this position for months.

Now to put it into something more sensible.

MisterZimbu

Oct 27, 2017
I seem to have a good knack for setting my stop-loss sells to the exact bottom of the dip before it rockets back up.

At least I doubled my money though.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I sold all my AMC at $15 convinced that it'd not go any higher and make a small amount on the $13.50 I got in at.

Well I'll be damned.

God speed everyone.