• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Already got a $25 profit from a $100 investment ($50 GME, $50 NAKD)

Plum's gonna be eating tonight

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
If boomers are this terrified of a group of investors making gains on one single stock, imagine what could be accomplished with a real proletariat uprising.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
yeah, it's part of how RH makes their money for free trades. They give Citadel (and likely others) info about the limits people are setting, and now have shown that they'll keep people from buying stocks that the hedge funds don't want them to.

but a group of people spamming memes is manipulating the market and all that.

Right, and Citadel is full in with Melvin now, so there it is folks, our free market. You can't buy the shares you like because reasons.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
So much for these big hedge funds and Citadel trying to manipulate the market and making people panic sell. You cant fuck with the internet, I thought they would've learned that by now.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
You realize that this level of trading is minimally retail right?

It's all HF. The only HF that got killed were the short guys. Every single high frequency and most long only funds are driving the prices up. It's why you see such massive volume and the playing after hours.

Only HF getting screwed are the short ones. The rest are making a killing.

Even with brokers combining orders, you have option contracts going for $1M each and massive blocks getting traded. Hedge funds are driving the volume here.

my retirement jumped 20K in the past week, its never come close to jumping like that. I'm curious if the people controlling my investments are on this train.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like RH goes through Citadel.

It was always the case:
How Payment For Order Flow is impacting markets: The Robinhood and Citadel Case

The investigation by FINRA relates to the time of October 2016 to November 2017. The problem with Robinhood at the time was that the majority of its PFOF was routed through Citadel Securities. Citadel Securities is a market maker whose majority owner is Ken Griffin, the founder of the hedge fund Citadel. Without checking with other market makers or directly the exchange for better execution Robinhood likely received a significant premium on its PFOF from Citadel as it allowed Citadel to profit much more of Robinhood trades than other brokers.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what service are you guys using now that Robin Hood became a class traitor?

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I'd just like to make another plea for sanity, be responsible and only risk money you're comfortable losing.

But wow does the mania fire up the dopamine receptors. This is almost as good as being hot at a craps table.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
I just dropped $200 in RH and managed to get an order in for a couple of stocks that are no longer allowed (made the buy order minutes before they changed them). I thought those orders would be cancelled, but they went through and I now have a few shares. Mainly just doing this for fun and seeing where this will go...

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
you guys really need to open a grown-up account with a respected brokerage if you want to stop getting screwed. RH is notorious for going down (sometimes for days) at the most inopportune times.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
There's literally no services you can invest in right now unless you had a previous account, seems like a missed opportunity.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed the price didn't drop right away when it crossed that 420 mark. Though the crash back into the 400s probably was part of that.

The whole thing happened so fast. That's why limit orders are good.

amplituhedr0n

Oct 28, 2017
so... how screwed is Melvin?
Melvin was 140% short, which means the ENTIRE Hedge Fund goes bankrupt if GME hits $175. $175 was impossible they said. That was passed easily over 48 hours ago.

Melvin's out of the picture so now it's just a matter of waiting for the gamma squeeze tomorrow to see where this thing lands.