• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
The best thing about all this is that is completely exposes the bullshit about a "rising tide lifts all boats."

Well, here we see a stock succeeding and the wealthy are mad about it. But normally they want you to believe that a good stock market is "good news" for the economy as a whole.

It is ALL complete and utter bullshit.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, game over.

I knew something would happen, free market is fine, until billionaires starts losing money against common people.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Not gonna link to anything related to him, but Dave P, the same guy who does Pizza reviews and has an enormous following and a huge brand has tweeted that he will "burn Robinhood to the ground". Knowing how loyal that userbase is and how wide-reaching it is, Robinhood is gonna have a shitty day.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Given the extremely heavy load and deluge of new users they may have been screwed either way. I imagine RH couldn't guarantee that they would be stable and figured it was better to be in a situation where their users could sell what they have safely rather than having everything fall apart under heavy load and having users get stuck with worthless shares they couldn't sell in time for technical reasons. As far as they're concerned it's better for their users to have theoretical losses rather than actual losses

That might be it, but it's weird that there's more than one app stopping the trades.
Also the wording they are sending out is important here.

The message they are sending is basically: "We think you might not know what you're doing, so we're gonna stop this for you" not "To enable you to sell when you want, we had to make the hard decision to limit buys today. Good luck everyone"

It's a big difference.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Jan 19, 2021
They are also manipulating the Reddit threads with bots by distracting users with spam to buy other stocks. They are instilling fear and confusion in any way they think they can, but don't fall for it y'all. Cashapp and WeBull are still allowing trade of AMC. Cashapp doesn't have GME on their platform.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Didn't Citron/Melvin close their positions already on this? I feel like the masses are woefully uninformed on this whole thing.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
All the wsb stocks are going to tank. Hedge funds are desperate. There's going to be a massive uproar over this move to block stock purchases. Straight up manipulation. Won't be surprised if they're forced to reverse for next week and hopefully there's enough people willing to refuel the rocket.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
They are also manipulating the Reddit threads with bots by distracting users with spam to buy other stocks. They are instilling fear and confusion in any way they think they can, but don't fall for it y'all. Cashapp and WeBull are still allowing trade of AMC. Cashapp doesn't have GME on their platform.
Such fucking bullshit that they don't halt it during the 20% immediate drop, but DO halt it when it gets back to 300.
Everything happening is so bald-faced. I have no skin in the game myself, but I really do hope that people call their representatives and senators following this. People need to be brought up on corruption charges.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Majority of these Web based platforms have investors in the background. Those investors have their own funds.

This is pretty rigged and outrageous.

Cmon the average Joe!!

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Yeah, I dropped 200 into Robinhood yesterday evening with 100 split on Nokia and AMC. Woke up this morning super excited only to see they decided to cancel my orders (which really pisses me off because I did it before the markets opened). Funny enough, I have 1 share of Bed Bath & Beyond because it was my free share when I signed up for the app. I think it was valued at 5 dollars then and now it is at 40 something. So, I guess a penny for my troubles or something? Lol

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Naked (no, not NAKD), blatant market manipulation. These scumbags couldn't be any more transparent.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine saying last week that RobinHoob was willing to kill their entire platform to save hedge funds.