Jun 17, 2018
Found a turnaround and it actually worked for me. Search arcade for a minute and a half then cancel and go search KotH. I tried this 4 times and got in a game everytime.

Cheers dude, saw you post this a little bit ago before I even booted the game but thought I'd try it straight away. Has worked a treat. Anyway we can get this added to the OP?

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been trying all day and I can't get a match started at all. I did play the training and it felt great can't wait to get a match started

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, controls kinda feel like shit, so stiff, just can't get my head around, aiming too, no matter what I change, standard setting feels weird, no aim acceleration feels weird, no idea what to change.

Hate that the characters don't go around corners automatically anymore, they did that in 2 and 3 or not?
Nope you've always have to push the direction, only difference with 5 is you need to be slightly closer to cover to start a slide off

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Jun 10, 2018
Why is it almost impossible to play in a party? I invite my brother, I cannot seem him in my squad but he can see me (sometimes). So I have to go into Versus and start searching for a match and back out to the menu. Then I can see him in my squad. I go back to searching. It says creating match for me and says loading map for him. He starts loading into the match. I have to back all the way out the menu and wait several moments then I start loading into the match. But if I back out too early then it causes an error for him and backs him out of the match and then continues to load me into the match.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Can only get Arcade matches, but I don't want to play Arcade, and KOTH isn't working for me at least. :(

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it almost impossible to play in a party? I invite my brother, I cannot seem him in my squad but he can see me (sometimes). So I have to go into Versus and start searching for a match and back out to the menu. Then I can see him in my squad. I go back to searching. It says creating match for me and says loading map for him. He starts loading into the match. I have to back all the way out the menu and wait several moments then I start loading into the match. But if I back out too early then it causes an error for him and backs him out of the match and then continues to load me into the match.
Because the servers are screwed, do yourself and your brother a favour play something else tonight until you see reports of games actually working. Arcade is full of glitches while the servers are messed up, sure you can join and play but you can't switch characters and the end of the match it gets a bit glitchy

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
This game feels phenomenal so far. I know people will probably complain about rifle strength but I'm loving it right now. Only questionable thing for me is the melee, feels a little too fast.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if they evened teams up. It was me versus three humans and then they filled the rest of the spaces with bots. Should have been 2 v 2.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Enjoyed my first match. Now I just need to git gud. :D

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
omg i found a koth match finally

edit - now it's stuck on map selected after the voting... LET ME IIIIIIIIN!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played my first match. Wow, I wasn't quite prepared for how different it would feel to Gears 4! I've been playing a lot of 4 recently.

Liked Arcade. I think I really like the rifle change. It's so huge, it's kinda weird to get used to. But it feels precise and powerful. Need to play more!

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Holy shit, this game looks so good and it plays so good. This game is going to be huge when it launches. If anyone doubted The Coalition, this should quash that doubt.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
three rounds of Arcade, three mvps and 30+ eliminations each time. maybe I should try ranked.

God, controls kinda feel like shit, so stiff, just can't get my head around, aiming too, no matter what I change, standard setting feels weird, no aim acceleration feels weird, no idea what to change.

Hate that the characters don't go around corners automatically anymore, they did that in 2 and 3 or not?
yes in some way it does feel stiffer than Gears4 but after a few rounds its starting to feel really good. if had to describe the feel it would be that the movement is more solid/weighty but just as easy to move in and around cover.

are you playing all 30's? (controller)

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
just a heads up for this bug in Arcade

hitting Y doesn't bring up weapon select? it actually does but its invisible, just select with the dpad

RepedeYuriKarol

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jul 17, 2019
Holy bananas the game is so light, I don't have that bulky tank feeling that previous Gears did.

Its like sleeping on a bed of clouds 😊

RepedeYuriKarol

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jul 17, 2019
Also I've noticed the roadie run camera is way more stable, like it doesn't shake as much.

Edit

Also those particle effects on the frags :O

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What is recommended if I want to try on pc ? Keyboard or controller ? This is probably a really dumb question but some games play better with the controller.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Anyone get into KOTH match yet?

Definitely feels you die quicker imo, rifles feel like they do more damage and it feels like every weapon headshots once your near death now.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I cant get into a game on Xbox is this normal?

I will say the tutorial felt and looked nice.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like guns are stronger but if feels like there is less aim assist with the rifles, and the recoil is something I need to adjust to. Definitely feels different than 4.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Was only able to get into one arcade game so far. That was really fun though. The game feels really good. Hopefully tomorrow it will be easier to get into games.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The game feels incredible to play imo.
Didn't get into any MP before heading to bed but my goodness from what I could feel in Bootcamp mode the game is smooooooth. Way nicer to move and aim than 4.

I could never get it right in that game settings wise, in 5 I nailed it immediately, feels so different in a good way.