Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Marcus is the best class. I'm melting people with the Enforcer and Gnasher, and ending my games with a crazy mace streak.

Oct 25, 2017
fuck i just had the most intense arcade match where it ended 50 to 49 for our team and i was down when that happened thinking "NOOOO I'M GOING TO GIVE THEM THE WIN"

and then someone killed the guy who was about to kill me

WHEW

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I like District but damn are the spawns garbage. Thought with Gears 4 TC would learn you don't need to flip the spawns every 6 seconds.

Also noticing that everyone is overwhelmingly running the Gnasher classes now. It was probably inevitable but it's getting a bit stale now.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Holy smokes the graphics are INSANE! Only mp too can't imagine sp

High res 4k textures galore the entire rendering surpasses Gears 4. Looks lovely on my HDR 4k tv

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Got the jist after a couple matches and have been doing great. Seems fun but nothing new from what Gears has been to me for a while.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
Got the jist after a couple matches and have been doing great. Seems fun but nothing new from what Gears has been to me for a while.
Same, played it for a while and then eventually put it down because its just more gears, if you like that perfect but me I feel I wanted something just a little more different in some aspect

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Same, played it for a while and then eventually put it down because its just more gears, if you like that perfect but me I feel I wanted something just a little more different in some aspect
like what aspects? You're negative in every Gears thread you post in. So it would be interesting to hear about what you don't like about the tech test.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Im probably just seeing things through goggles, but something about modern Gears MP seems arcadey in a way that at least the first couple Gears games werent. I just remember the presentation being a lot heavier and starker. Now it's a lot of highlighters and numbers popping up and it feels less compelling. The gameplay itself feels fine and I wont pretend things like Gears 1's whack wall bouncing physics and 4-way directional rolling was better, but something about it feels missing.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I asked my friend if the weapon trading feature was still in the game. Apparently that question turned the Swarm into an elite SWAT/FBI unit.

Mar 6, 2019
Arcade mode is amazing. I love the balance to weapons and depth to picking characters. Gunplay feels so tightThey really nailed it this time.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still stuck at Creating Match, can other people get into games? Haven't managed to get into a Escalation or KotH yet.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The team comp stuff is garbage. If it's 2 Humans and 3 Bots against 4 Humans and 1 Bot and a solo player joins mid-match maybe don't put them on the team that already has double the human players compared to mine. Otherwise though having a fun time, even if I dislike this Arcade mode compared to normal Execution (spawns are always garbage in Gears).

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Im probably just seeing things through goggles, but something about modern Gears MP seems arcadey in a way that at least the first couple Gears games werent. I just remember the presentation being a lot heavier and starker. Now it's a lot of highlighters and numbers popping up and it feels less compelling. The gameplay itself feels fine and I wont pretend things like Gears 1's whack wall bouncing physics and 4-way directional rolling was better, but something about it feels missing.
It's arcadey cuz the arcade mode is the only mode playable. Ranked should feel like core Gears.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
I think I remember that of old Gears games as well however nostalgia is a hell of a drug. I like recoil and the game deff feels tight which I love in my third person shooters. I think im tired of the sticky cover now where your character will magically slide like 5 feet into cover, I get thats a gears thing but I dont mind some evolution of mechanics. I quite cant put my finger on it but then you mentioned arcady and that may be it. Its just feels like it doesnt have the same vibe as previous which is not bad for newer iterations, just something feels "off" that i cant put my finger on.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Okay, as someone with probably around 1,000+ hours across the first three games alone, another hundred or so in Judgment and probably 200 in Gears 4, this is easily the most polished, satisfying and well rounded Gears game to date. The changes are universally positive, the combat is at its best, everything is just... *chef kiss.*

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Was able to play a little bit and holy shit does this game look fantastic. Playing on "X" and it is the cleanest game I have played and it runs so smoothly. The color palette like the posters above mentions is really impressive as well.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arcade is so weird feeling to me. Just the entire approach to an enemy without having a gnasher feels sooooo weird, and the lancer absolutely shreds you. The sniper class seems fairly easy to use because of how campy it seems like it could get.

Dunno if it got fixed but Ranked was totally screwed earlier and the party limit in Arcade was a bummer, so I didn't get to play more than 5-6 matches or so yet.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any HDR setting suggestions? I'm on a Samsung KS8000. I tried Contrast 30, Brightness 240, and HDR Brightness 1400 and it looked pretty good.

Loved how the colors just popped out when your "shipping container" opens in the tutorial.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone managed to get a King of the hill match yet? Mine just keeps staining identifying potential players and comparing skill ratings etc

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Bots need a lot of work. They frequently get the drop on me, then just stand there and stare till I turn around and kill them.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I think some guns kill way too fast and bullets are curving so I die when I get in cover. Going to hope it's just because it's an old build.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I noticed that arcade mode is a bit different than ranked. Meaning - headshots are landing more often and it's a bit faster.

And I just saw this video from devs saying they balanced EVERY mode to feel the same... Am I missing something here...?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I noticed that arcade mode is a bit different than ranked. Meaning - headshots are landing more often and it's a bit faster.

And I just saw this video from devs saying they balanced EVERY mode to feel the same... Am I missing something here...?
I believe Arcade mode has the option for aim assist, that might be helping you. It's not at all present for Ranked modes.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I think they said the arcade mode had more aim assist and other modes did not. They tried to balance all the weapons but that there would be differences as well to make sure a skill gap was still there. Arcade is the run and gun crazy mode where new players can get in and have fun.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well Game 1 complete.

the new kill cam I like as I can how much of a dumb ass I was at that moment lol, but the game feels pretty dam good - will require some slight adjustment on my side from 4

But overall once all the problems are ironed out I think I'm going to be very happy with Gears 5

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Got a chance to play in a match. The server browser is gonna come in real handy cause the matchmaking matches me up with people half way across the world, with like 220ms ping while everyone else has sub 80.

But goddamn this game is F-U-N.