Kingdom of Corona
First four, I would argue.
Xi3B.gif

It's really just the first 3 games.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Kojima was too at some point.
Now him and Konami even follow each others on Twitter, and even VGC have said they are in good terms.
So I want to believe.
In B2B relationships money always heals all wounds. If they cut him a check to consult on MGS stuff I'm sure he'd be happy too. Cause there ain't much point staying mad when you got your own new studio that needs money to keep the lights on.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting a year for the announcement will be annoying.

Unless he will annoucne his game soon, release it next year and then attend next year's TGA to compete for GOTY which does not sound plausible, so the only way he gonna attend next TGA for a reason will be to annoucne his Silent Hill game teased during this TGA by him, Del Toro and even Toyama and now again by Geoff.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'll believe it when it's officially announced. These little teases and stuff may just be fun references and nothing more, the Silent Hill rumours have been going around for years at this point and nothing's turned up.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
these hills have been silent for far too long

let us embrace the warmth of the future

where our dreams are ever closer

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Millie A flat out debunk this? Idk maybe it was memed into existence.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
After this tweet and the tease by Del Toro during The Game Awards, I'm fully convinced that its happening now.

Maybe not the Silent Hill I wanted, but rather Kojima and Del Toro than Bloober Team.
To be honest, I don't think the Guillermo Del Toro "tease" really means anything. He was making a jab at Konami for cancelling Silent Hills and it's not even the first time he's publicly done that. Kojima did say something after that about appearing at the next TGA, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's finally working on a horror game and that's why Del Toro decided to drop the snark (he previously tweeted "F#ck Konami" when Death Stranding was announced). But for Silent Hills specifically, I don't think this is the smoking gun you guys think it is, given Del Toro's history of bashing Konami since 2015.

Bloober Team is currently the most likely developer to be currently attached to Silent Hill. If we believe Video Game Chronicle and Eurogamer, then another Japanese developer that isn't Kojima is working on a Silent Hill game. Kojima's Silent Hills (or Kojima being hands-on on any Konami property) is the least likely to happen.

Didn't Millie A flat out debunk this? Idk maybe it was memed into existence.
Millie A. Video Game Chronicle. Pretty much every insider that's not Gematsu's one source has debunked it.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Millie A. Video Game Chronicle. Pretty much every insider that's not Gematsu's one source has debunked it.
Yeah I'm still not sure on this one. Hopefully it's true tho. I'm not sure Kojima is the right person for silent hill, but I still want someone to make a new one and Kojima working on a horror title is exciting in of itself.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I stopped thinking about this very long ago and now here we are.

Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I really have no idea why you all keep doing this to yourself :P Unless you like me and don't tend to take these things seriously then by all means, continue! But it does feel like you all keep setting yourselves up for disappointment time and time again.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
To be honest, I don't think the Guillermo Del Toro "tease" really means anything. He was making a jab at Konami for cancelling Silent Hills and it's not even the first time he's publicly done that. Kojima did say something after that about appearing at the next TGA, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's finally working on a horror game and that's why Del Toro decided to drop the snark (he previously tweeted "F#ck Konami" when Death Stranding was announced). But for Silent Hills specifically, I don't think this is the smoking gun you guys think it is, given Del Toro's history of bashing Konami since 2015.

Bloober Team is currently the most likely developer to be currently attached to Silent Hill. If we believe Video Game Chronicle and Eurogamer, then another Japanese developer that isn't Kojima is working on a Silent Hill game. Kojima's Silent Hills (or Kojima being hands-on on any Konami property) is the least likely to happen.

Here is my tales from my ass theory.
Konami gave Bloober and M2 the license for them to make a game.
Because Konami is not going to invest alot of money into it.

But the one Kojima is working is more of a PT VR type of game.
Because Sony wants to invest more on VR this time.
And attaching the SH name to it, along with Kojima is far easier to sell the game.

sanityislost

Oct 21, 2021
At this point I'm just tired. Even if we do get a new SH, a remake or a remaster it's prolly just going to be rubbish. At this rant my doctor is going to start telling me to avoid hype to keep my blood pressure down.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Silent hill, metal gear, Kojima… it's getting tiresome and boring. Teases like this are ridiculous. If this is why he took down his Instagram it's hilarious.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Do we believe Gematsu?

Or are we living in Silent Hill and we didn't know?

Gematsu has generally been reliable as a news source, though I don't think they have much of a track record for actual leaks. Personally, I don't think it's accurate here for a variety of reasons and I suspect that the info they have is the same info that's been floating around that largely seems to be bogus.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Here is my tales from my ass theory.
Konami gave Bloober and M2 the license for them to make a game.
Because Konami is not going to invest alot of money into it.

But the one Kojima is working is more of a PT VR type of game.
Because Sony wants to invest more on VR this time.
And attaching the SH name to it, along with Kojima is far easier to sell the game.
Oh I think this is a good take - Kojima has himself mentioned working different scales of games, and a VR Silent Hill project would be a big attraction for PSVR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.