• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the overall trailer was good, but the landing was weak.
Just kinda ended without proper fanfare.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing her in her character demo wielding that cool scythe weapon.

False advertising, I tell ya!

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe I'll give it a ten pull. I did do a 10 pull on Xianyun's weapon banner for some reason and the game gave me an extra Nahida's weapon. It can happen again and if It's Lyney's bow it's not a bad thing.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Oh no, I enjoyed Act 1 a lot. The trial stuff was super interesting, and Furina was a pleasure. It was basically just how Traveler acted, it was very off-putting for me. Felt like a different character.

When I said that I hoped other acts were better, I meant more in the way they acted and not the quality of the writing as a whole. Sorry for the confusion.
Traveler is just grumpy because their hydro version suck ass after the amazing dendro one.

I noticed a lot of the options for traveler in this and trailblazer in hsr are just being a dick yeah. Frequently you'll only have options that are varying levels of asshole and there's been a consistent characterization through dialogue choices of paimon/traveler only interested in everything theyre doing for the loot. Maybe a veiled jab at the playerbase running gacha quests >>
I think what's putting me off is that the Traveler is just acting like a dick here regardless of your choice. I think most of the time TB acts like that is if you deliberately choose the option to be a dick. Also, TB characterization has always been kinda like from the start while Traverler seems like an all around good natured person and is (somewhat) friendly to even the "bad guys" so it's really weird that they acted salty like that with these kids.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
It's more than a little annoying that I can't give Hu Tao a scythe. I mean I'm still getting it but man the drip would have been out of this world.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Clorinde's full kit is out there. I just don't have the energy to read and then try to understand this stuff anymore. But I look forward to seeing it in action.

Thought Arle's trailer was fine, but not one of the better 4.X trailers.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
there's a couple leaked pics of Sigewinne

one with her signature, which confirms she's a 5*

SbXdpp0l.jpg

0wkwiywla6wc1.jpg

Paragon

May 5, 2018
Went looking for that Clorinde kit leak because I wanted to know whether or not she would pair well with Navia and/or Furina. After reading it, I think the only information I retained is that I don't know shit about this game, lmao.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Used enough resin to not be capped so I only have to login after maintenance happens and is done later today.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Sigewinne sounds like another great support for both Furina and Neuvillete thanks to her team wide healing and generation of Sourcewater Droplets and Clorinde... well, at least there will be more reasons to farm the new Bond of Life set (crying for the people that farmed MH for her)

Now where are my Sethos leaks!

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Went looking for that Clorinde kit leak because I wanted to know whether or not she would pair well with Navia and/or Furina. After reading it, I think the only information I retained is that I don't know shit about this game, lmao.
My eyes completely glaze over when trying to read the Genshin skill descriptions. It's always like:

"When they take to field, the Developments of Intrigue will absorb Spiritfolds. When the Normal Attack hits, generates Magnitude of Phantasm by 10/20/30 percent based on their DEF and what they ate for breakfast, multiplied by how many Developments of Intrigue stacks they have."

When I pulled Furina I ended up just looking up a video guide that flat out said "her skill does this, her burst does this, here's an example rotation" and it was all good.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting, so Sigewinne is a team-wide healer that also makes bond of life work for the new artifact set and she can generate source droplets for Neuvi.

I do not have a hydro healer built, I kind of want her now. :D If only she was not a bow user, her bow looks like the healing donuts but in bow form stat wise. I wonder what other weapons she could use. I just checked and the only HP bow is a 3 star, uh oh... So probably the standard Favonious or Sacrifical Bow for her.

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Fontaine trailers are pretty mid, only Furina's stands out. While I much prefer Genshin, HSR trailers were just top notch.

That said, Arlecchino at least has the animated short going for her. That one was really really good.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
My eyes completely glaze over when trying to read the Genshin skill descriptions. It's always like:

"When they take to field, the Developments of Intrigue will absorb Spiritfolds. When the Normal Attack hits, generates Magnitude of Phantasm by 10/20/30 percent based on their DEF and what they ate for breakfast, multiplied by how many Developments of Intrigue stacks they have."

When I pulled Furina I ended up just looking up a video guide that flat out said "her skill does this, her burst does this, here's an example rotation" and it was all good.
lol, reminded me of

Aal8pOm.png

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fontaine trailers are pretty mid, only Furina's stands out. While I much prefer Genshin, HSR trailers were just top notch.

That said, Arlecchino at least has the animated short going for her. That one was really really good.

Whaaat? Nah... Neuvillette, Furina and Xianyun (belongs to 4.X) had amazing trailers. Among the best Hoyoverse ever did.
The Arle trailer may not be quite up there, but it is still pretty good.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Those leaks are so funny to me, one photo of the full character with their signature weapon very visible and easy to see. The other picture just a blur of colour that could really be anything.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Tbh I know of course there is 0% chance of them ever doing it but it would be very funny to allow other polearm characters to use the new one in scythe form. I really want to see Yaoyao with a scythe lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm pretty sad that I failed to get Neuvilette. I grinded exploration like mad the last few days to amass another 30 or so pulls. It was very fun exploring again but at least I have a guaranteed Arle now. I really wanted Neuvilette but I guess it will have to be some other time…. Damn you C5 Qiqi. Yes, I can't believe I'm at C5 of her but that's Genshin life. I'm at something like 60 pity now on my guaranteed so I can't miss Arle at least. I did so much catchup this weekend and completed lots of quests so I'm just happy I caught up on stuff. All Fontaine maps are around 80+ completion now with Beryl at 100% and statues are at 8… I think the fountain of Lucine is around 37 or so. I went up very far after gathering like 1200 hydro sigils.

I hope that Arle will be worth it but I'm pulling for the design alone. I see that they revealed Clorinde is coming next patch…. Tbh I'm still not sold on her in the story. Something needs to stand out about her than just Raiden in a hat for me. But I'll definitely check her out or just save for Natlan/Next Neuvillete banner after this.

My one regret was pulling for Cloud Retainer's weapon which I didn't even get in the end but I guess it means I'm far into weapon pity for Arle so it balances out. I also didn't expect Neuvillette would be here this soon… and I found out after trying to get Xianyun's weapon lol.

Im even caught up on hangouts now. Of the new ones… I loved Faruzan's a lot.

Last edited:

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Tbh I know of course there is 0% chance of them ever doing it but it would be very funny to allow other polearm characters to use the new one in scythe form. I really want to see Yaoyao with a scythe lol
Someone will probably make a mod for that. Shouldn't be too hard considering the model is already there.
I also want to see the characters doing spinning charged attack with a scythe lol.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished everything up in Sumeru (aside from a few chests and dendro which I'll go back to when I unlock the compass and tracker) and started Fontaine proper and is it just me or did they change the writer? The reason I ask is because
the Traveler kind of...acted like a jerk. Like, a lot of their responses just didn't fit the character as I knew them so far. For instance, how they reacted to Lyney/Lynette when they found out that they were Fatui. I get that Fatui is a sore subject for them, but it's not as though they didn't just literally finish an interaction being all buddy-buddy with Childe who's a legit FATUI HARBINGER responsible for the near destruction of Liyue Harbour or anything. And the backstory for both Lyney and Lynette were a lot more understanding than anything from Childe so far. It really felt that they never had a choice in the matter at all, and were genuinely interested in just doing good. They didn't deserve a lot of the responses the Traveler gave them. I tried to be as nice as I could in my responses, but the game really didn't give me much options most of the times.

Also, the way they treated Navia. She came out all happy after the trial ended, and Traveler was like "Nah, not my problem". I've always considered the Traveler as someone who, while they have the goal of finding their sibling, also puts stuff aside to help others and when there's legit evidence of people disappearing and/or turning into pools of water, it seems off-putting for them to just shrug it off and load it on someone else. And then when Navia offered the meal to them, they were all "Sure, I'll eat the food but then it's goodbye forever, thanks for nothing."

I dunno, it just felt weird to me. Maybe the other Acts are better.
I agree with the part about the Traveler's reaction to Lyney and Lynette, but the part about Navia is at least consistent. The Traveler didn't want to get involved with the vision hunt decree initially and basically had to be manipulated into caring about it by Ayaka.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I'm pretty sad that I failed to get Neuvilette. I grinded exploration like mad the last few days to amass another 30 or so pulls. It was very fun exploring again but at least I have a guaranteed Arle now. I really wanted Neuvilette but I guess it will have to be some other time…. Damn you C5 Qiqi. Yes, I can't believe I'm at C5 of her but that's Genshin life. I'm at something like 60 pity now on my guaranteed so I can't miss Arle at least. I did so much catchup this weekend and completed lots of quests so I'm just happy I caught up on stuff. All Fontaine maps are around 80+ completion now with Beryl at 100% and statues are at 8… I think the fountain of Lucine is around 37 or so. I went up very far after gathering like 1200 hydro sigils.

I hope that Arle will be worth it but I'm pulling for the design alone. I see that they revealed Clorinde is coming next patch…. Tbh I'm still not sold on her in the story. Something needs to stand out about her than just Raiden in a hat for me. But I'll definitely check her out or just save for Natlan/Next Neuvillete banner after this.

My one regret was pulling for Cloud Retainer's weapon which I didn't even get in the end but I guess it means I'm far into weapon pity for Arle so it balances out. I also didn't expect Neuvillette would be here this soon… and I found out after trying to get Xianyun's weapon lol.

Im even caught up on hangouts now. Of the new ones… I loved Faruzan's a lot.
Aw, sorry you did not get Neuvi. I hope you get him on his rerun. And I also hope you will really love Arle, so you will get her and in the end be really glad you got her instead. :)

lOmclBP.png

Alright after years of using Raiden as nothing more than a discount Oz, here is my DPS Raiden.
Ooh, nice build. Hope you enjoy playing Raiden as a dps! Personally I can recommend the two national teams I use the most with my Raiden. Super fun to play and strong too.

Raiden/Bennet/Xiangling/Xingqiu or Yelan
Raiden/Bennet/Xiangling/Kazuha

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Wow, according to the leaks Sethos is an on-field DPS. Not what I was hoping for, I already have Cyno and Raiden. He seems to be electro Tighnari and I HATE charged bow shot characters, I feel so sad. I love his design, but charged shot dps.... yuck :(
I would have even rather taken an electro Yoimiya instead, normal attacks instead of charged shots...

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Know to never doubt Foul. The kits are what they said they would be last week.
Clorinde's full kit is out there. I just don't have the energy to read and then try to understand this stuff anymore. But I look forward to seeing it in action.

Thought Arle's trailer was fine, but not one of the better 4.X trailers.
I told you last time, Hoyo have teamed with Konami. They got the Yu-Gi-Oh card writers on this!

It's actually a lot like Arle's in the sense that it looks complicated, but it's very linear. The only difference is it does sound like Clorinde's E gives her a gun form and it's like Wriothesley's E. Also if I had to guess I think you use Q at the start of her rotation rather than at the start of the team rotation. It still looks like aggravate (with Kazuha, I don't think Sucrose will work as well due to her lack of flexibility) or quickbloom will be her best. But otherwise she's mostly a normal attacker (at least, she doesn't get any bonuses for CA, if her E form even has one at all).

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The leaked special/event abyss changes are wild.

Only characters with pyro/electro/anemo allowed in, but you can borrow a character from a friend
Every season of this special abyss gives 620 primos for completion

Regular abyss went from 600 primos to 800 primos too.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
The leaked special/event abyss changes are wild.

Only characters with pyro/electro/anemo allowed in, but you can borrow a character from a friend
Every season of this special abyss gives 620 primos for completion

Regular abyss went from 600 primos to 800 primos too.
Wow, I had not read that yet. How interesting. And character sharing across friend list like in Star Rail is awesome! Too bad I am on an EU account and many in the OT are NA. Any EU players would be welcome to borrow my C2 Cyno or C2 Kazuha though. :)

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Wow, according to the leaks Sethos is an on-field DPS. Not what I was hoping for, I already have Cyno and Raiden. He seems to be electro Tighnari and I HATE charged bow shot characters, I feel so sad. I love his design, but charged shot dps.... yuck :(
I would have even rather taken an electro Yoimiya instead, normal attacks instead of charged shots...
Yeah I wasn't expecting a DPS either really, was hoping for an overload support who could offer some crowd control or something like that. Although it does seem like in his Ult he becomes a normal attacking bow character if I'm reading it right, his charged shots also going through enemies sounds cool too. I think he might have some really cool animations by the sounds of his kit, will have to wait and see I guess!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I wasn't expecting a DPS either really, was hoping for an overload support who could offer some crowd control or something like that. Although it does seem like in his Ult he becomes a normal attacking bow character if I'm reading it right, his charged shots also going through enemies sounds cool too. I think he might have some really cool animations by the sounds of his kit, will have to wait and see I guess!
Oh really, if he does have normal attacks in his kits my Thundering Pulse could finally see a use. I guess we need to wait and see! Thanks for pointing that out, if he is not ONLY charged shot and I could use my lv1 Thundering Pulse my interest in him may be higher again.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I had not read that yet. How interesting. And character sharing across friend list like in Star Rail is awesome! Too bad I am on an EU account and many in the OT are NA. Any EU players would be welcome to borrow my C2 Cyno or C2 Kazuha though. :)
There are trial characters you can use, but all (??) of them must be used just to get into the special abyss.

For anyone interested on the special abyss, the leak can be found here

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep before Arlecchino trailer lol. Great trailer! Top 3 Fontaine trailer imo.

As far as leaks
Ughhh why on field DPS for Sethos. I really don't need him then.

Chlorinde on field DPS expected and BoL rumors came true.

Still a bit confused on what this new end game is because the way it describes it makes it sound it's highly restrictive in a bad way.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Oh really, if he does have normal attacks in his kits my Thundering Pulse could finally see a use. I guess we need to wait and see! Thanks for pointing that out, if he is not ONLY charged shot and I could use my lv1 Thundering Pulse my interest in him may be higher again.
Yeah just had another look and if I'm reading it right I think he will have normal attacks as part of his kit so could be really fun. I'm thinking that at C6 for him the rotation would be to charge shot first to get the buffs and then ult for his main dps from there.

Also just saw your comment about the new abyss, I'm on the EU server so if you want to add me please feel free :) my ID is 700671760 if so. If the character sharing thing is real, I may um... I may have some C6 limited characters you could try out if you wanted to such as Scara, Yelan and Chiori. I am a whale lol

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah just had another look and if I'm reading it right I think he will have normal attacks as part of his kit so could be really fun. I'm thinking that at C6 for him the rotation would be to charge shot first to get the buffs and then ult for his main dps from there.

Also just saw your comment about the new abyss, I'm on the EU server so if you want to add me please feel free :) my ID is 700671760 if so. If the character sharing thing is real, I may um... I may have some C6 limited characters you could try out if you wanted to such as Scara, Yelan and Chiori. I am a whale lol
Woo, I will add you tonight after work! And omg, if character sharing is real C6 Wanderer is the one C6 I want in the future and if I could test run one.... boy am I excited now. :D