• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The leaked special/event abyss changes are wild.

Only characters with pyro/electro/anemo allowed in, but you can borrow a character from a friend
Every season of this special abyss gives 620 primos for completion

Regular abyss went from 600 primos to 800 primos too.

If accurate that is a massive middle finger to the "only build 2 teams" crowd. lol

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep before Arlecchino trailer lol. Great trailer! Top 3 Fontaine trailer imo.

As far as leaks
Ughhh why on field DPS for Sethos. I really don't need him then.

Chlorinde on field DPS expected and BoL rumors came true.

Still a bit confused on what this new end game is because the way it describes it makes it sound it's highly restrictive in a bad way.
It feels like it's "targeted" at the "why pull new characters if I can just hyperinvest into a few characters and clear everything forever/just use Raiden National" crowd. To "lessen" the value of vertical investment or rather give more reasons for horizontal investments beyond "I like character".
I need more infos on how it actually works though, but so far I'm cautiosly intrigued. Could be fun. Could suck. Let's hope for the best 🤞

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It feels like it's "targeted" at the "why pull new characters if I can just hyperinvest into a few characters and clear everything forever/just use Raiden National" crowd. To "lessen" the value of vertical investment or rather give more reasons for horizontal investments beyond "I like character".
I need more infos on how it actually works though, but so far I'm cautiosly intrigued. Could be fun. Could suck. Let's hope for the best 🤞

Yeah, and good for people who like me love to build and gear all their characters and actually use them in the Abyss. 21 down, 40 to go for me lol.

I've been slowly building up my units as well. Though I will admit, if this is going to be the case for the second end game mode it'd be nice for Hoyo to finally give some QOL upgrades to the grinding portion of the game. More resin, retweeking the drop rates, etc.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Leaked character kits look pretty boring to me. Will see when I get Father, but BoL is not an interesting mechanic in the slightest imo.

Probably skipping both characters but will roll for Sethos or if Chev is on a banner (the only 4* I'm missing).

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
My eyes completely glaze over when trying to read the Genshin skill descriptions. It's always like:

"When they take to field, the Developments of Intrigue will absorb Spiritfolds. When the Normal Attack hits, generates Magnitude of Phantasm by 10/20/30 percent based on their DEF and what they ate for breakfast, multiplied by how many Developments of Intrigue stacks they have."

When I pulled Furina I ended up just looking up a video guide that flat out said "her skill does this, her burst does this, here's an example rotation" and it was all good.
Same. My brain just shuts off trying to understand those descriptions. I don't comprehend why they can't be more straightforward with them.

I'll just wait for versions of those kits in Razor language.

Wow, according to the leaks Sethos is an on-field DPS. Not what I was hoping for, I already have Cyno and Raiden. He seems to be electro Tighnari and I HATE charged bow shot characters, I feel so sad. I love his design, but charged shot dps.... yuck :(
I would have even rather taken an electro Yoimiya instead, normal attacks instead of charged shots...
Aaaaand Sethos turns into an automatic "no" for me.

Fucking hate bow gameplay in this game. Worst part of Chenyu Vale was the myriad of archery puzzles.

Why can't you just be normal and allow gyro for all controllers, Mihoyo?!

Only characters with pyro/electro/anemo allowed in, but you can borrow a character from a friend

Me with only Gaming as a built Pyro DPS: 🤡

Time to get some powerful friends to get my unlucky F2P ass through this mess.

For instance, how they reacted to Lyney/Lynette when they found out that they were Fatui. I get that Fatui is a sore subject for them, but it's not as though they didn't just literally finish an interaction being all buddy-buddy with Childe who's a legit FATUI HARBINGER responsible for the near destruction of Liyue Harbour or anything.
Yeah, hard disagree on that specific instance.

Childe is a jackass but never hid from us that he's a Fatui, while Lyney and Lynette wanted us to help them get out of that predicament while hiding important info from us all the time. We got bamboozled by Furina in the trial because we were in the dark about their affiliations.

I'd also be pissed at them if I was on the Traveler's shoes.

If accurate that is a massive middle finger to the "only build 2 teams" crowd. lol
Also for us that almost never have any luck with the rancid shit that is the artifact system.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Woo, I will add you tonight after work! And omg, if character sharing is real C6 Wanderer is the one C6 I want in the future and if I could test run one.... boy am I excited now. :D
Awesome! Yeah fingers crossed it is, will be happy for other people to make some use out of my whaling too haha! I didn't intend to get him to C6 necessarilly but I had what I now refer to as "the faruzan incident". I wanted to C6 her for his team and no lie, I got C7 Scara before I did so! I was so annoyed a forgot there was another banner I could pull on when he was already C6 hence getting another copy of him! Tbh it was both the unluckiest and luckiest pulls of my life on the game as I got a lot of earlies for Scara but Faruzan was just brutal!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I've been slowly building up my units as well. Though I will admit, if this is going to be the case for the second end game mode it'd be nice for Hoyo to finally give some QOL upgrades to the grinding portion of the game. More resin, retweeking the drop rates, etc.
Definitely agree, I want to be able to level and kit out my characters faster. Right now with battle pass it is usually 1-2 a month max, which is only if you get super lucky with artifacts which I luckily recently have been. Definitely need more resin and materials.

Awesome! Yeah fingers crossed it is, will be happy for other people to make some use out of my whaling too haha! I didn't intend to get him to C6 necessarilly but I had what I now refer to as "the faruzan incident". I wanted to C6 her for his team and no lie, I got C7 Scara before I did so! I was so annoyed a forgot there was another banner I could pull on when he was already C6 hence getting another copy of him! Tbh it was both the unluckiest and luckiest pulls of my life on the game as I got a lot of earlies for Scara but Faruzan was just brutal!
Oh wow, how painful! I was lucky, got C3 Faruzan on his banner when I got him. C4 from a standard wish and then her C6 when I was pulling for Nahida and Xianyun. I do however envy your C6 Wanderer, his gameplay is so fun it kills me I am most probably skipping his awesome C1 and C2 this upcoming banner due to saving up for C1/C2 Furina and Alhaitham. @.@

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Definitely agree, I want to be able to level and kit out my characters faster. Right now with battle pass it is usually 1-2 a month max, which is only if you get super lucky with artifacts which I luckily recently have been. Definitely need more resin and materials.

Oh wow, how painful! I was lucky, got C3 Faruzan on his banner when I got him. C4 from a standard wish and then her C6 when I was pulling for Nahida and Xianyun. I do however envy your C6 Wanderer, his gameplay is so fun it kills me I am most probably skipping his awesome C1 and C2 this upcoming banner due to saving up for C1/C2 Furina and Alhaitham. @.@
I think the next time she was on a banner I got her constantly as well lol just to rub it in! Yeah fingers crossed he'll be running at a better time in the future, would make sense if he goes onto the chronicled wish banner for them to run it when there is a bit of downtime between character releases. An Inazuma one could be excellent too with the potential characters on it!

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you guys will be forced to use my triple crowned C1 Navia with The Unforged and you will like it

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I think the next time she was on a banner I got her constantly as well lol just to rub it in! Yeah fingers crossed he'll be running at a better time in the future, would make sense if he goes onto the chronicled wish banner for them to run it when there is a bit of downtime between character releases. An Inazuma one could be excellent too with the potential characters on it!
Yeah, that is my hope that he ends up on a nice chronicled wish (probably Sumeru?) and I could get either his signature weapon or C1 at that point, since it will be the same amount of wishes then and his weapon and C1 give the same attack speed, so either would be a win. :D

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Yeah, that is my hope that he ends up on a nice chronicled wish (probably Sumeru?) and I could get either his signature weapon or C1 at that point, since it will be the same amount of wishes then and his weapon and C1 give the same attack speed, so either would be a win. :D
He would make sense for either really wouldn't he, thinking more I think Sumeru though would make more sense based on when he released and where he currently is character wise. Which would be great, that banner would potentially be cracked!

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I have 36 units built, I think I should be fine with whatever they throw my way except Geo.

Geo is only ZhongLi. They want me to pull Navia is it?

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I have 36 units built, I think I should be fine with whatever they throw my way except Geo.

Geo is only ZhongLi. They want me to pull Navia is it?
If we get a geo only version, you can hopefully borrow my top 6% C1 Albedo! :D

He would make sense for either really wouldn't he, thinking more I think Sumeru though would make more sense based on when he released and where he currently is character wise. Which would be great, that banner would potentially be cracked!
Yeah, I am excited for more Chronicle Wish. Unfortunately I will probably need to skip the Liyue one due to the stacked 4.7 and potential 4.8 banners though. If Shenhe is on it, she will need to be skipped too. Same for Staff of Homa and Hu Tao.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

Primo rewards both sound fine. I'm good with that.

Does the new mode mean only certain elements allowed, or locked to mono-element? Because while at this point either is fine due to the age of my account and how many characters I have, I'm kind of opposed to "you need these kinds of character to play this mode" kind of stuff. It's fine if it's "these kind of characters excel", like how in Star Rail for Pure Fiction AoE characters do better than single target, but when it's "only ice characters allowed" it really sucks for newer accounts if there isn't a Trial kind of system in place.

Like I play the DMC mobile game and I actually enjoy it, but the elemental bullshit is very limiting. There aren't many characters, some elements have very few (or no) 4* equivalents and there is a mode locked to teams of each element (Physical Realm, Ice Realm etc) and the boss hunt stuff heavily favours teams of x type against each boss (better have an Ice team on hand to chill the fire spider boss or else you're not going to get past that part of the fight meaning a very low score). Genshin has always been MUCH better about monetisation, team building and limited modes so I don't really worry too much, just I'd hope for newer accounts there are things in place so they can participate.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome demo:

cdb5488e76eec0ebb1357045f50681d7215d2ba9.gifv

a61eeb3f1112f4a6191fc42bd9050abc70eac894.gifv

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So hyped for Father.

I hope the story stuff is good. I feel like we've had some good backstory and stuff from the promotional material but I reeeeeeeeeeally want to know what is up with her glitching out and her "curse". I hope that stuff is expanded upon. I don't want her weird cyber glitching stuff to just be some cool visual effect because it's so weird.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I just remembered we are getting Cyno story quest II tomorrow. That actually has me the most hyped, even more than a new zone to explore. More Cyno is always good, gogo Cyno mains! ^___^/

So hyped for Father.

I hope the story stuff is good. I feel like we've had some good backstory and stuff from the promotional material but I reeeeeeeeeeally want to know what is up with her glitching out and her "curse". I hope that stuff is expanded upon. I don't want her weird cyber glitching stuff to just be some cool visual effect because it's so weird.
I hope so too, really intrigued by her lore and story.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe after almost two years of Cyno being just puns and TCG whenever he appears, we're finally getting his lore.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered we are getting Cyno story quest II tomorrow. That actually has me the most hyped, even more than a new zone to explore. More Cyno is always good, gogo Cyno mains! ^___^/
I think it might only become available during the 2nd half.
I haven't seen it mentioned in the Phase 1 "Event Preview". I might be wrong, but can't hurt to temper your expectations just in case.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I think it might only become available during the 2nd half.
I haven't seen it mentioned in the Phase 1 "Event Preview". I might be wrong, but can't hurt to temper your expectations just in case.
Oh good point, thanks for letting me know. I'll just let it be a surprise then. :) I just love Cyno so much, any Cyno content is a reason for joy! :D

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sending you tons of luck to win your 50/50 tomorrow Naya! :)
Thanks I do hope for a win and even better if early.

She will be really joining this team for over world/domains/Weekly
yM9rEh2.jpg

Xiangling/Lynette would probably have been fine.

Can borrow a friend character is nice even If i doubt I'd need it. I'll definitely switch to the elements on my profile if people want to add me and try some of my characters
Electro/Pyro/Anemo for the first one? Raiden/Chevreuse/Sara/Bennett easy for me and like Wanderer/Yae/Faruzan/Xianyun if it's still 2 teams

I'll be happy to use my Cryo characters again when we get one for them.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017