• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
all i get is unfinished reverie relic grinding for Arle.

at least i can artifact box it for Kazuha/Bennett

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
If burst is your big dmg splash at the/near the end of the rotation (let's say Childe's Q in E stance for example), that really wouldn't matter. It could even help with the cooldown downtime for some comps. For glass canon comps it could also serve as nice i-frame defense.

For characters whose bursts just activate other playstyles (e.g. Xiao) it makes sense to be short, his animation lasts for like ~1 second, you get your "WOW PARTICLE EFFECTS" fix during gameplay, but other than that? Give me 'splosions.

2 seconds on average is just too short for some bursts imo.

I'd much prefer more damage with bursts (to offset potential loss during gameplay) to capitalize on buffs/debuffs to make it feel like we're really unleashing an ultimate move.

But uh, obviously it's never gonna happen, they're dead set on how it is currently and it'll forever remain my pet peeve. Luckily that pet peeve is somewhat alleviated by that other game that shall not be named.
I just don't think moves that are basically a mid-combat cutscene should have a place in action games at all. They just completely break up any flow of the combat and I just don't find it exciting to watch the exact same close-up of a waifu for 500 times. Especially in Genshin's system where they're not some super move you use occasionally but a part of your regular rotation that you spam all the time. I'd prefer to just not have those cutscenes and have them be regular moves but flashier, but if they have to be there then yes, keeping them as short as possible is the only acceptable way to do it.

And it's funny you mention the "other game" because long-ass animations are one of my main pet peeves with its combat, making it feel like a massive chore and what I actually consider unplayable on 1x speed lol. It's turn based so it can get away with it but it still feels like a relic of 90s era of jrpgs that I'd rather have left behind. Yes, they're well made and cool... the first three times, after a hundred it's just a slog I'd rather skip. But obviously it's never gonna happen because mihoyo would go bankrupt before not forcing me to watch the exact same video of their new waifu with the same voice line a million times until I go insane, so I'm SOL with all their games.

tldr: If your combat move is literally just a video playing, it shouldn't be there at all. Leave that for youtube shorts.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Father is already 80/80. All the resin I saved during the last two weeks of 4.5 have paid off.

I'm thinking about going Arle/Zhongli/Bennett/Yelan, I could use XQ, but his IR and defense up bonuses are rendered redundant when you have a shielder.

But I can also go #YOLO and try double Hydro on her.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to hit 50 wishes for the battle pass, and I was at 39 with standard wishes and my 30 pulls on Arle's banner. Did a 10 pull:

XTqSOPF.png

Now I have C1 Arlecchino and a QiQi constellation (C3) in 40 pulls on her banner. Best pulls I ever had in Genshin.
She's level 90 with 7/7/7 talents. Going to be a long few weeks.

Weird they released the arlecchino animation before her quest. The quest itself is great so far, but it was clearly made to be played before watching the animation lol
Agreed, it made the quest pretty underwhelming.

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I think with C1R1 Neuvilette, I'll shift my goals of clearing Abyss 12 from under 4 mins to under 3 mins. He's just that strong.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I wanted to hit 50 wishes for the battle pass, and I was at 39 with standard wishes and my 30 pulls on Arle's banner. Did a 10 pull:

XTqSOPF.png

Now I have C1 Arlecchino and a QiQi constellation (C3) in 40 pulls on her banner. Best pulls I ever had in Genshin.
She's level 90 with 7/7/7 talents. Going to be a long few weeks.

Agreed, it made the quest pretty underwhelming.
Dang, congrats on your awesome good luck! :)

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
got Father to 86/90 and only need to farm the golems i think one more time tomorrow than i can probably get her weapon to 90

Relics..well i have off piece sorted its just everything else
2024-04-25-12-25-40.png

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
bWvynWk.png

Well, that's one down (unless it all rolls into EM). Still gonna be weeks before I match my Glad set.

edit: rolls...

TLEvGU2.png

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't think moves that are basically a mid-combat cutscene should have a place in action games at all. They just completely break up any flow of the combat and I just don't find it exciting to watch the exact same close-up of a waifu for 500 times. Especially in Genshin's system where they're not some super move you use occasionally but a part of your regular rotation that you spam all the time. I'd prefer to just not have those cutscenes and have them be regular moves but flashier, but if they have to be there then yes, keeping them as short as possible is the only acceptable way to do it.

And it's funny you mention the "other game" because long-ass animations are one of my main pet peeves with its combat, making it feel like a massive chore and what I actually consider unplayable on 1x speed lol. It's turn based so it can get away with it but it still feels like a relic of 90s era of jrpgs that I'd rather have left behind. Yes, they're well made and cool... the first three times, after a hundred it's just a slog I'd rather skip. But obviously it's never gonna happen because mihoyo would go bankrupt before not forcing me to watch the exact same video of their new waifu with the same voice line a million times until I go insane, so I'm SOL with all their games.

tldr: If your combat move is literally just a video playing, it shouldn't be there at all. Leave that for youtube shorts.

ea6f9c16-c85a-458e-96f8-dc6456a726ba_text.gif

I guess you are reverse pet-peeve to my pet-peeve.

Apr 24, 2024
So how good is this BOL set for Arle? I farmed it once and got 3 piece of the other set instead. It triggers off of burning enemies. Who is this for, Gaming?

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
ea6f9c16-c85a-458e-96f8-dc6456a726ba_text.gif

I guess you are reverse pet-peeve to my pet-peeve.

You want longer burst animations? breh just go watch some amv's on youtube

This is probably the first time my opinion differs from yours. We're usually aligned. Bring the real Bansai back and send this impostor ghoul to the shadow realm

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Short/Long I like them all and its how I prefer to end fights.

nearly made the mistake of crafting condensed resin instead of fight the world boss for Arle. I'm too used to artifacts farming to start my day or when I'm near a crafting bench with resin.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
You want longer burst animations? breh just go watch some amv's on youtube

This is probably the first time my opinion differs from yours. We're usually aligned. Bring the real Bansai back and send this impostor ghoul to the shadow realm

I could watch this for hours:

And if every burst could also have BELL sound like Neuv's it'd be even better.

That Bahamut summon in FFIX? NEVER SKIPPED IT.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024
Clorinde was the number 1 character I wanted when they started teasing Fontaine. But so was Dehya when it came to Sumeru. I think Dehya got nuked because they decided to put her on the standard banner. Assuming Clorinde stays limited, I have hope. None of the Fontaine patch limited 5 stars have been duds. Even Chiori is fun to use with other geo teammates.

Last edited:

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Yeeeeeah, I had some condensed resin left from Monday and Tuesday, so I went to try my luck with the new domain. Maybe it'll be just like MH/GT domain, where in a week I had Fischl, Furina and Neuvillette fully equipped.

…I'll just keep my Glad pieces, fuck that shit lmao.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeeeeeah, I had some condensed resin left from Monday and Tuesday, so I went to try my luck with the new domain. Maybe it'll be jkust like MH/GT domain, where in under a week I already had Neuvillette fully equipped.

…I'll just keep my Glad pieces, fuck that shit lmao.
Only getting Burning pieces or Arle set with DEF substats and the Burning pieces are bad too. I'll still get to it one day.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Only getting Burning pieces or Arle set with DEF substats and the Burning pieces are bad too.
Yeeeeep. Got only DEF% FHW pieces and ATK% UR pieces. Or HP% for both.

I seriously want to know what kind of alien technology this desire sensor uses, and how can I fucking sabotage it.

EDIT: and a goddamn EM goblet. WHY COULDN'T IT BE FROM ANOTHER SET.

Threw the other pieces into EOSF strongbox and got ANOTHER EM GOBLET.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
bWvynWk.png

Well, that's one down (unless it all rolls into EM). Still gonna be weeks before I match my Glad set.

TLEvGU2.png
I literally read this and thought to myself "please roll well, please roll well".

My condolences.
So how good is this BOL set for Arle?
TGS has the second best set as Gladiators at 92% of BOL set's output. If you have really strong Glad pieces you can use those.

Apr 24, 2024
Some future unit cause currently it's really for no one outside done incredibly niche uses.
One of the nice things about GI is there are so many units that you can try and experiment. I stuck that Nymph's Dream on Candace just to see what it could do. Using Milileth all the time gets boring. But you can tell from my avatar that I don't care about the meta

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So other 4.7 leaks are saying the next Traveler/Dainsleif chapter will be releasing. That would kind of leave 4.8 to have the big Summer Event and the Interlude Chapter which hasn't been released yet. So if Furina really reruns in 4.8 what say you guys on the possibility that instead of a second Story Quest, Furina is actually the main focus of the next Interlude chapter. Genshin has made characters the star of an Interlude rather than a Story Quest in the past like Shenhe and Wanderer.

random funeral parlor director stronger than harbingers

Wangsheng funeral parlor gang, and if you ain't with it then you in the food chain

Grats. I think with me it's only Raiden, Neuvillette and Yae Miko.

Next character I'll Triple Crown is probably either Kazuha or the Otterman.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The new area and world quest are really amazing. Genshin really keeps one upping itself.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
The Arlecchino quest was good but I really hated 2 things
1) the traveller didn't say that we would not let anything happen to Lyney and the others when Arle was talking about punishing them and did we really need to remember the hint from her to propose to help with the fight.
2) that we were so weak during the fight. Arlecchino didn't even sweat. We have fought dragons, an archon, defeated another harbringer and gathered several different elemental powers and none of it mattered. If it was an anime I would have dropped it for months if not for ever.

Apr 24, 2024
Are they doing anymore to expand Fontaine prior to 5.0 or is this it? I know the whole west side of the map at least around the Liffey region where that giant mountain is looks like it would be the next expansion area but who knows.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Freeing the whale is the morally and aesthetically correct choice.

you-know-what-youre-right.gif

The new area and world quest are really amazing. Genshin really keeps one upping itself.

Yeah, my jaw constantly hits the floor. If my ears could hit the floor they would as well, because this music...
At this point no other game tops Genshin when it comes to the interplay of exploration, environmental beauty, music and atmosphere. It's an art form.

I'm itching to share photos of the worldquest in here, but I'll wait some more days, because I want as many as possible to experience these locations and sights first for themselves.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
you-know-what-youre-right.gif

Yeah, my jaw constantly hits the floor. If my ears could hit the floor they would as well, because this music...
At this point no other game tops Genshin when it comes to the interplay of exploration, environmental beauty, music and atmosphere. It's an art form.

I'm itching to share photos of the worldquest in here, but I'll wait some more days, because I want as many as possible to experience these locations and sights first for themselves.
My only complaint at this point is dialogue presentation. Just awkward and basic animations with ugly looking generic NPCs and no voice acting, it clashes with the majestic beauty of literally everything else. But world quests do what main quests don't: gameplay exists! I can forgive them the rest. The music is also really atmospheric here, very soothing and intriguing.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
1) the traveller didn't say that we would not let anything happen to Lyney and the others when Arle was talking about punishing them and did we really need to remember the hint from her to propose to help with the fight.
2) that we were so weak during the fight. Arlecchino didn't even sweat. We have fought dragons, an archon, defeated another harbringer and gathered several different elemental powers and none of it mattered. If it was an anime I would have dropped it for months if not for ever.

Traveler is the biggest doormat in Teyvat and all the other Hoyoverses.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
bWvynWk.png

TLEvGU2.png
That's cruel, especially for a 4 liner. May your rolls be all Crits in the future.
Wow am I glad we can finally create 10 furnishings and claim them all at once
Took way too long
Yes, I love this QoL update as well.

Maybe the power scaling between Childe and Arle was big lol.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
think after arle ill move onto getting the national team leveled up to 6/6/6 and level 90.

Something to do until the next 5* i want. Furina definitely.

tho Clorinde is looking pretty cool.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint at this point is dialogue presentation. Just awkward and basic animations with ugly looking generic NPCs and no voice acting, it clashes with the majestic beauty of literally everything else. But world quests do what main quests don't: gameplay exists! I can forgive them the rest. The music is also really atmospheric here, very soothing and intriguing.

To be fair, they've become much better with NPC design though. Random NPCs have gotten more and more clothing and hair variations, and unique quest NPCs get actual unique models now.
The polygon boost from last patch helped a lot too. NPCs now look more like from the PS2 era, instead of the PS1 era. ;)

I have two things that would make worldquests perfect for me:

1) Addition of voice acting
2) Commitment to always increase beauty or interestingness of a location when completing a quest. Never take something cool away.

The music for swimming through a tunnel has no business going this hard lol

This was the one I was talking about. Don't know the title track, but Jesus, it's EPIC af.

It elevated what would be a simple sequence into something else entirely.

Someone uploaded the Remuria OST. I think you guys are talking about track number 10, enjoy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tS2a5Bq-8

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
The great character touch up continues. Nahida double crowned, XQ doubled crowned, finally crowned Zhongli's shield, finally leveled up my PJC for XQ, and got Yunjin on the way to 90 along with a fairly well stated set even if it is Noblesse (not interested in farming her bis with zero other usage for it or the partner set right now)

Hopefully all my upgrade projects can be finished by the time I actually want to pull a new character.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
think after arle ill move onto getting the national team leveled up to 6/6/6 and level 90.

Good idea, the national core has to be one of the strongest and most flexible teams you can use. I have used Raiden National. Kazuha National. Qiqi National. Such a fun team and definitely worth building Bennet/Xiangling/Xingqiu. :D

And once you get Furina, she can also be slotted into national! :D Qiqi/Furina/Bennet/Xiangling was one of the more fun national variants I cleared the Abyss with recently.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017

Good luck, Furina is just too strong and versatile. Buffer in this game are kinda future proof too.