• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Xingqiu and Bennett still get used for me but it'd been a while for Fischl and Xiangling

I still use them all but I find Xiangling's ER demands the most annoying, I do not like using her without Bennett

Noelle/Navia/Furina/Yelan flex on the new world boss super hard. You use Noelle to break the shield and Navia with Furina buffs just bursts it down in no time at all. Looking forward to seeing this guy in Abyss.

I think that boss is my new favourite world boss, walking up the stairs to it and it coming to life on top of the plinth looks amazing

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I use none of them. And I pulled Arle on the strength of how fun I found her kit individually. I will not use those characters with her - ever.

She will be carried by C6 Yelan and be happy with that.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That character is gonna want Bennett. Bennett will be named in their kit but yeah it would be nice to not have a circle.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Knowing Genshin devs, they may try and do bennet and xiangling sidegrades instead of straight up powercreeps. Just as long as I can get rid of bennets circle and still get an atk buff.

Probably why I found Furina to be so valuable. Team wide buffs without having to stick to a certain area. So good.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about the story quest,
is that we don't learn anything about her visual effects.
They're just there to look cool, I guess? Maybe we learn some stuff with higher friendship, but this might not bode well for them paying things off in the endgame.

My biggest disappointment with it too. I enjoyed the quest even though it was mostly a retread of the animation, they go well together as companion pieces and even though the timeline stated in the game clashes with how it was presented in the animation I can just headcanon it away as it really doesn't change anything. I feel we almost get a glimpse into it when she touches the Traveller and we see the red moon/eclipse/whatever space. Maybe she'll get a story quest 2 that goes into it or it'll pay off later on. It's something that is so different than what we've seen before that is just not explained at all, even in outside sources so it's seems like such a strange choice for the character to not explain or mention it when they could keep everything the same with her and just remove the glitches.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Noelle/Navia/Furina/Yelan flex on the new world boss super hard. You use Noelle to break the shield and Navia with Furina buffs just bursts it down in no time at all. Looking forward to seeing this guy in Abyss.
She makes such short work of it I've not even bothered using half the team lol. Just Furinas buff and wail on it with Navia. I was actually expecting to struggle a little since my characters aren't really built properly at all but that didn't seem bother Navia in the slightest.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Also, any lore experts know what is up with these things in the new weekly boss fight?

image.png

image.png

They are like, creatures or some kind.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Keqing still has a place in the meta to this day, so I wouldn't say she's a bad unit at all. Sure, her skill isn't a focal point of her kit, but her kit is still well-designed and synergizes with itself.

It's great kit design but I don't know what levels of crazy investment are needed to get DPS to be competitive.

Aggravate team works so well but even with C6 Fischl, C1 Kazuha, and Baizhu it's not enough damage.

Apr 24, 2024
She makes such short work of it I've not even bothered using half the team lol. Just Furinas buff and wail on it with Navia. I was actually expecting to struggle a little since my characters aren't really built properly at all but that didn't seem bother Navia in the slightest.
I hate to say but I still don't know how to use Furina effectively. I know when you fire off her skill, you hold down to switch between the healing oceaning and the 3 bubble goofs, and I get she is primarily off field. But I've never really got a feeling for how to use her so she just sits on the sidelines.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
The launch 4*s in this game have crazy legs. To think I still use Bennett/XQ/Fischl almost 4 years later, whereas I don't use any of the launch 5*s at all.

Bennett will never leave the roster at this point, one of Arle's best teammates. Crazy.
Bennett / Xingqiu / Fischl / Sucrose are still some of the best 4* units in the game.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say but I still don't know how to use Furina effectively. I know when you fire off her skill, you hold down to switch between the healing oceaning and the 3 bubble goofs, and I get she is primarily off field. But I've never really got a feeling for how to use her so she just sits on the sidelines.
The three bubble dudes drain your HP when they attack, which helps with her burst, and then you have a healer to bring your HP back up so that the three dudes can keep draining your HP and buffing you through her burst.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
My biggest disappointment with it too. I enjoyed the quest even though it was mostly a retread of the animation, they go well together as companion pieces and even though the timeline stated in the game clashes with how it was presented in the animation I can just headcanon it away as it really doesn't change anything. I feel we almost get a glimpse into it when she touches the Traveller and we see the red moon/eclipse/whatever space. Maybe she'll get a story quest 2 that goes into it or it'll pay off later on. It's something that is so different than what we've seen before that is just not explained at all, even in outside sources so it's seems like such a strange choice for the character to not explain or mention it when they could keep everything the same with her and just remove the glitches.
From her profile stories it seems she herself doesn't even know. Pierro only tells her it's related to the Crimson Moon dynasty, which was already speculated, and to go read Perinheri lol
The quest has some foreshadowing about the future plot (Project Stuzha) so I think it's safe to assume she'll either be relevant in the AQ or get a second quest

Apr 24, 2024
So her burst is a buff to your on field DPS, like Navia in the above example? I'll admit I don't use too many buff characters in GI. I typically build for reaction damage and fill out the squad accordingly

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Buttons I committed in the end. Fortune did not favour me haha but it wasn't the worst. Lost the 50/50 at 63 pulls to Keqing. That makes her C6 (though I've only activated C3. I wish I could undo it as it was before aggravate was a thing) so the best of the losses for me. Took about another 10k primos so I think around 60 pulls to get Arle. Not the best but can't complain either.

Just happy to have her. It felt right to me. I'll be satisfied playing her. And I'll somehow make a burgeon vape team work with her if it's needed lol.
It's great kit design but I don't know what levels of crazy investment are needed to get DPS to be competitive.

Aggravate team works so well but even with C6 Fischl, C1 Kazuha, and Baizhu it's not enough damage.
I'm not sure what constitutes as crazy investment or enough damage for you, but mine is only a 220 cv build which I think is pretty much standard, and she clears under a minute on each side.

Btw Baizhu is the worst dendro option for her. It makes your rotations much longer than they need to be for no advantages. The shield isn't useful for her because she has high i-frame up time. If you need the defence Yaoyao or C4 Kirara are better.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Buttons I committed in the end. Fortune did not favour me haha but it wasn't the worst. Lost the 50/50 at 63 pulls to Keqing. That makes her C6 (though I've only activated C3. I wish I could undo it as it was before aggravate was a thing) so the best of the losses for me. Took about another 10k primos so I think around 60 pulls to get Arle. Not the best but can't complain either.

Just happy to have her. It felt right to me. I'll be satisfied playing her. And I'll somehow make a burgeon vape team work with her if it's needed lol.

I'm not sure what constitutes as crazy investment or enough damage for you, but mine is only a 220 cv build which I think is pretty much standard, and she clears under a minute on each side.

Btw Baizhu is the worst dendro option for her. It makes your rotations much longer than they need to be for no advantages. The shield isn't useful for her because she has high i-frame up time. If you need the defence Yaoyao or C4 Kirara are better.
Congrats on getting Arle

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm still gonna make the Harbinger work together somehow but yeah it probably won't work as well as when we got 4 archons.

congrats on C6 Keqing and Arle.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The launch 4*s in this game have crazy legs. To think I still use Bennett/XQ/Fischl almost 4 years later, whereas I don't use any of the launch 5*s at all.

Bennett will never leave the roster at this point, one of Arle's best teammates. Crazy.

The Prinzessin is now for almost 4 years uninterrupted in my party. I regularly switch around party composition but Fischl always stays.

fischl-genshin-impact.gif

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

Ignore the healing mode, it only exists as QoL in overworld. Rely on a separate healer, preferably a teamwide one like Jean/Xianyun/Baizhu, during her ult to build stacks

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017

Yay, congrats Alkez. And C6 sounds Keqing sounds really nice though! And a burgeon vape team with Arle sounds fascinating, do report back on what you feel works best!

And a 220 CV build for her already is pretty insane when I consider the majority of my characters are at like 130-180 CV, that is awesome! Really glad to hear that she feels so right for you and that you are enjoying her. That is the main goal of this game anyway, to have fun and enjoy yourself. So huge congrats on your shiny new Arle! :D
As for myself, feels right to not pull her just because she clashes too much with my personality. But my C6 Gaming is pretty much all the pyro dps I need. I was doing the Fontaine artifact domaine earlier and he just did back to back vape plunges for 200-230k and that is with only 166 crit dmg. I started levelling Stonethresher and will farm the weapon domain some more tomorrow so hopefully in a week or two he will have a new weapon. I checked my MH artifacts and I can get him a build with around 80/240 crit ratio, his damage will be insane. :D

And for lower damage but even more cuteness and fun, I have my Klee plunge team, they share the gear so any upgrades I get for Gaming are a buff to my Klee. Her vapes may only be 80-120k but she is so adorable, makes up for it. <3

Last edited:

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm liking so much of what I'm seeing from 4.7.
Very surprising as X.7. has been historically a very weak filler patch.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
New Endgame

1. Start with 6 characters (Trial versions available)
2. Can borrow one character from a friend
3. Can have one Special Invitation character out of 4 that isn't element restricted
4. 8 stages
5. Characters have 2 vigor, can't use them once they run out of vigor
6. 75-90 seconds to clear per stage if you want the primo award but no hard timer to kick you out if you run out of time like Spiral Abyss.
9. Final stage will be level 90.
10. Characters must be at least level 70.
11. The character that can join per stage is random.
12. There will be random buffs and debuffs.

2 vigor is pushing for a lot of swapping, no way to stick with a meta team. It's more chaotic than I thought. Even if you borrow a friend's super unit, they can only help with 2 rounds. Gotta carry that weight. The main reward is camera poses so it probably won't be too tough to clear but the 75-90 sec clear time is gonna be scuffed with improvised teams.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From her profile stories it seems she herself doesn't even know. Pierro only tells her it's related to the Crimson Moon dynasty, which was already speculated, and to go read Perinheri lol
The quest has some foreshadowing about the future plot (Project Stuzha) so I think it's safe to assume she'll either be relevant in the AQ or get a second quest
Project Stuzha not even new, Dainsleif mentioned it in Tartaglia's Miscellany, though not with the same name, (in Chinese though, apparently it's the same words), but this does reaffirm it.

Apr 24, 2024
Ignore the healing mode, it only exists as QoL in overworld. Rely on a separate healer, preferably a teamwide one like Jean/Xianyun/Baizhu, during her ult to build stacks
Ok, I'll give her a shot against that new boss. My Furina is decently built with the days past set and her sig weapon. I only do floors 9 and 10 of SA and its strictly for the primos. SA is probably the thing I enjoy least about GI.
I was trying an overcharge team last night with Kuki, Beidou, Yoyo and Chevy. It took a while but it went down.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I need to start pulling on the standard banner again for the Jade Winged Spear. I heard that the game is more likely to alternate between weapon and character when you get a 5*. I don't know if it's true or not but it matches my standard banner history. My last 5* was a weapon so not sure if I want to risk it lol.

Anniversary 5* weapon selector when?!
Congrats on getting Arle
congrats on C6 Keqing and Arle.
Yay, congrats Alkez. And C6 sounds Keqing sounds really nice though! And a burgeon vape team with Arle sounds fascinating, do report back on what you feel works best!
Thanks all :) appreciate the love.
And a 220 CV build for her already is pretty insane when I consider the majority of my characters are at like 130-180 CV, that is awesome! Really glad to hear that she feels so right for you and that you are enjoying her. That is the main goal of this game anyway, to have fun and enjoy yourself. So huge congrats on your shiny new Arle! :D
As for myself, feels right to not pull her just because she clashes too much with my personality. But my C6 Gaming is pretty much all the pyro dps I need. I was doing the Fontaine artifact domaine earlier and he just did back to back vape plunges for 200-230k and that is with only 166 crit dmg. I started levelling Stonethresher and will farm the weapon domain some more tomorrow so hopefully in a week or two he will have a new weapon. I checked my MH artifacts and I can get him a build with around 80/240 crit ratio, his damage will be insane. :D

And for lower damage but even more cuteness and fun, I have my Klee plunge team, they share the gear so any upgrades I get for Gaming are a buff to my Klee. Her vapes may only be 80-120k but she is so adorable, makes up for it. <3
Yeah it's all about perspective which is why I'm wondering what the poster considers high investment and good damage. I'm a day 1 player so that kind of build is normal, but for other players that can be a high invested character. You haven't been playing for that long in comparison so it would require some insane luck to have those kind of builds right now haha.

Thanks again :D I think it's good that you're able to ground yourself like that and not get swept up in the hype. You know the kind of units you like and you're comfortable in that space. I respect that. It's as you say, we should have fun and play the game our own way.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
In the new SQ, Project Stuzha was just translated as Project Winter in Portuguese, anyone knowledgeable in Russian could say if it's accurate?

That character is gonna want Bennett. Bennett will be named in their kit but yeah it would be nice to not have a circle.
Yep. This game loves its highly mobile enemies, so circle impact ends up being the main reason I don't use Bennett that much.

Btw, added you!

Also, any lore experts know what is up with these things in the new weekly boss fight?

image.png

image.png

They are like, creatures or some kind.
I remember those being identified as fairies in a leak, but dunno if it's official.

The quest completely glazes over it. Looks like her Khaenri'ah connections will indeed be left for Chapter VII… Unless she has a bigger role in the Snezhnaya arc, regarding her beef with Pantalone and Pulcinella.

Wtf. This will be downright impossible unless I can borrow units from more than one player.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Raiden for me of course and yeah her card is my TCG deck. I now struggle with the Harbingers+ Baizhu on abyss floor 12-3 second half.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In the new SQ, Project Stuzha was just translated as Project Winter in Portuguese, anyone knowledgeable in Russian could say if it's accurate?
I don't know Portuguese (or Chinese), but apparently, in Chinese, it's the same words Dainsleif used in the Tartaglia Miscellany, which was translated as such (similar to the Portuguese) in English prior.

Paragon

May 5, 2018
With regards to the Traveller's strength, I can see why some people might be disappointed that they got rolled in the Arlecchino fight, but I think Genshin's storytelling has been pretty consistent about the fact that the Traveller is not close in power to the God level characters. Every fight they've been in against the more powerful characters in the setting they've always had buffs or a more powerful character around to help them out. They needed to be empowered by every Vision in Inazuma to fight with Ei, needed Nahida's help to beat Scara's mecha, needed Neuvillete and Childe's help to fight the whale and so on and so forth.

Can I introduce you to the genshin scientist. He explains it very well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1H_9kDYImI

I just got around to watching the video this morning and it was quite helpful. Thank you very much.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I don't know Portuguese (or Chinese), but apparently, in Chinese, it's the same words Dainsleif used in the Tartaglia Miscellany, which was translated as such (similar to the Portuguese) in English prior.
I see. Looks like it indeed means that. In Portuguese it was called Projeto Inverno (Project Winter), and it's not the first time the localization opts to translate all terms. Just wanted to check if the meaning is indeed that since there's also some liberties taken with memes, slang and references happening in the Fontaine arc.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is me but with Zhongli.

I had Zhongli for years uninterrupted in my teams, recently that changed though. I think it happened during Fontaine, when healing instead of shielding became more and more important.

Venti has never left my party, and I use him in Genius Invokation TCG too.

Aww...that's so wholesome. I love Venti...but in recent years he's become outright useless against more and more enemies and bosses. :(

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
The Prinzessin is now for almost 4 years uninterrupted in my party. I regularly switch around party composition but Fischl always stays.

fischl-genshin-impact.gif

Same really. While I use teams without her, she's easily one of my best characters especially after the Golden Troupe upgrade she got.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Zhongers. But he's just so comfy with his big ass shield. If I don't need a healer or Bennet specifically I use Zhong Li.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I read the leaks of the new end game mode. All I can say is whelp, time to build Sayu. Glad I am done with Chevy and Beidou, that mode is restrictive and randomize to some extent.

They are heavily encouraging us to invest horizontally. Maybe I should pull for Arle, lmao.

I'm confused by this new mode. I don't even have Sayu at all. Aren't there trial characters? How many pyro electro anemo chars should I have built for this first one

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for the advice.

I'll try Yaoyao. I only have C0 Kirara.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I'm confused by this new mode. I don't even have Sayu at all. Aren't there trial characters? How many pyro electro anemo chars should I have built for this first one

For this round, the six characters you'll start with are:
Sayu, Beidou, Chevreuse, Wanderer, Clorinde, Arle.
If you don't own them, a trial version is provided.

Other characters are restricted to Electro, Pyro or Ameno.

You can have one special guest character: Baizhu, Sigewinne, Alhaitham, Wriothesley. No trial versions, you must own.

You can borrow one character from a friend.

Level 1: 10 characters required
Level 2: 14 characters required
Level 3: 18 characters required

Must be level 70+.

Ex. Level 3: 6 starter characters, 1 special guest, 1 unit from a friend, need 10 more Electro/Pyro/Ameno characters.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is it realistic to expect Zhongli rerun before the end of this year? I want his shield so bad.
Probably will rerun in one that one big regional banner I think. We got a Mondstat one, another one with Liyue is due soon-ish.

I will budget for rolling on that banner once in between Arle right now and her rerun. More than a couple Liyue characters I wouldnt mind getting.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dunno if they'd put an Archon on that when they so far rerun Archons close to the next one but we will just have to wait and see

With C6 Qiqi It would be scary to wish on a Liyue banner for a Character but I could try getting Zhongli/Childe weapon from it.

mMyjscb.png

I'll eventually manage to beat Chamber 3 with them or just wait a better abyss/when we actaully get a 4th harbinger.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably will rerun in one that one big regional banner I think. We got a Mondstat one, another one with Liyue is due soon-ish.

I will budget for rolling on that banner once in between Arle right now and her rerun. More than a couple Liyue characters I wouldnt mind getting.
Is it realistic to expect Zhongli rerun before the end of this year? I want his shield so bad.

Venti was not rerun on that and Zhongli probably won't be rerun on it either. Before end of the year probably, he usually runs near the beginning of the new regions.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017

Venti was not rerun on that and Zhongli probably won't be rerun on it either. Before end of the year probably, he usually runs near the beginning of the new regions.

Praying for any of those before Natlan

tumblr_pft4qftftB1xetiwfo1_400.gifv

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Think the only rerun (outside the fontaine characters I missed) I'd be tempted to pull on would be Yelan but probably missed her rerun for the patch while I was absent.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how long has furniture been saying that it is outdoor or indoor furniture? That is such a big QoL improvement. No hoping and guessing anymore when you got something cool-looking if it for outdoors and indoors, only to get disappointed.