Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
It was torture for me until I tried Otter hyperbloom with Raiden and Nahida. Then it became a cakewalk.

Grats. I got fontaine glider two weeks ago. I was disappointed that it had two colors. I'll get the liyue one in two weeks hopefully.
Thanks! Yeah, I am also not a big fan of the dual-colours. It just did not really fit any character perfectly. The concert glider has a much nicer fit for many blue themed characters.
The Liyue glider is awesome though, I love that one! :)

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm not getting Arlecchino's banner weapon, what should I use on her?

I do have an extra Deathmatch (though my original intention was to help get it to R5 for Xiao).

But apparently the 3 star White Tassel is apparently better for her though? I don't have one though.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
RDT-20240513-1806164263894298068804207.webp

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm not getting Arlecchino's banner weapon, what should I use on her?

I do have an extra Deathmatch (though my original intention was to help get it to R5 for Xiao).

But apparently the 3 star White Tassel is apparently better for her though? I don't have one though.
It's not better, but the difference between R1 deathmatch and white tassel is pretty small.

R5 deathmatch is roughly the equivalent of jade spear. Same as R5 Fjorn.

Though I don't think that applies if you're running attack goblet. I haven't actually seen in any calcs on this, but the higher base attack of a 5* weapon is amplified further in that scenario.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
What hole are you referring to?
The hole that opens when you start the Golden Slumber quest, the one where you find she and her father along with that dickhead researcher.

Max Mittelman proving once again that anyone who thinks Itto is in too many events is objectively wrong.
This post was fact-checked by REAL Arataki "The Oni and Only" Itto fans: TRUE.

It was torture for me until I tried Otter hyperbloom with Raiden and Nahida. Then it became a cakewalk.
That's just overkill. I add Zhongli to the mix when I just wanna quickly end the fight as stress-free as possible lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/O8l5MOAo_Jo

Guess Tyaren will be interested with this. Teyvat roads makes no sense.

*dramatic zoom in on Scaramouche's face*
"The roads of Teyvat are fake."
I honestly never use the roads. I always waltz right through the wilderness. I guess after Mondstadt and Liyue Hoyo thought, no one even uses roads, so let's not bother with them too much, lol.
What did bother me in the video was the incredibly low texture settings. Some of those roads or grass patches were just color blobs.

The hole that opens when you start the Golden Slumber quest, the one where you find she and her father along with that dickhead researcher.

I remember what place you mean. That really wasn't there before the quest? That "hole" is huge. It's more like a...round canyon.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
So who is excited for tomorrow's banner of Wanderer and Baizhu, will anyone be pulling tomorrow? :)

I really wish I could get a Wanderer constellation but I have been saving up so well for Alhaitham, not gonna risk it.xD I am at 30 pity with 80 wishes saved up right now, should be closer to a guaranteed Alhaitham once his banner is out. The hope is I will be able to get Alhaitham without topping up and then for Furina I will need to spend a bit since I want two copies of her for C2.

Last edited:

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No Kaveh no temptation to pull. C2 Baizhu could be nice but If I got C5 Wanderer I'd want C6 to be done so it's a good thing the 4* are all at C6 to me.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Does anyone here use an ipad (or any other tablet, I'm not specifically locked in to apple) to play?

I'm looking at upgrading from my current ipad (it's an old one that absolutely can't handle this game for what it's worth) so was just wondering what people's experiences are like? I'd connect my PS5 controller to it.

I've been looking at the new ipad pro potentially but if the new air or older models can run Genshin at a solid 60fps at least at high settings that should be enough for me. I guess one benefit of ipad is you can run 120fps mode like the phone, I'd need the models with a 120hz screen though for that. I'll probably also play WuWa and ZZZ on it too when they come out as well.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So who is excited for tomorrow's banner of Wanderer and Baizhu, will anyone be pulling tomorrow? :)

I really wish I could get a Wanderer constellation but I have been saving up so well for Alhaitham, not gonna risk it.xD I am at 30 pity with 80 wishes saved up right now, should be closer to a guaranteed Alhaitham once his banner is out. The hope is I will be able to get Alhaitham without topping up and then for Furina I will need to spend a bit since I want two copies of her for C2.
Wish I was pulling on the weapon banner 😒

I will not even lie and say this is the last time I'll complain about it lol.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Wish I was pulling on the weapon banner 😒

I will not even lie and say this is the last time I'll complain about it lol.
Do not worry, I will always moan about the Wanderer weapon banner too! I am just praying his weapon is added to Liyue Chronicle Wish in a few months so we can go for it. At least for me, this bad weapon banner makes skipping it easier. Alhaitham and Furina cons are just non-negotiable for me. :D

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Does anyone here use an ipad (or any other tablet, I'm not specifically locked in to apple) to play?

I'm looking at upgrading from my current ipad (it's an old one that absolutely can't handle this game for what it's worth) so was just wondering what people's experiences are like? I'd connect my PS5 controller to it.

I've been looking at the new ipad pro potentially but if the new air or older models can run Genshin at a solid 60fps at least at high settings that should be enough for me. I guess one benefit of ipad is you can run 120fps mode like the phone, I'd need the models with a 120hz screen though for that. I'll probably also play WuWa and ZZZ on it too when they come out as well.

I do have Genshin on my iPad Pro 2020 but... performance wise it is okay (usual lower down the quality for consistent 60fps). I last played on it last year and touch screen controls is tough for me since I think you cannot move the touch icons? I did also tried with the Dual Shock 4 controller from my housemate but I don't feel like carrying an extra controller with me. Also I'm just bad with controllers as I started Genshin on PC with mouse keyboard.

Maybe if you get the M1 chip model or newer, Genshin might runs better as the 2020 model is the last model before the M1 chip.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020

going for Baizhu and have like 111 pulls and at 60 pity. So im good since im just waiting for me to lose a 50/50 at this point with my HSR luck. I do want Alhaitham but want Furina more. so i will probably be skipping him unless i get super lucky

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
going for Baizhu and have like 111 pulls and at 60 pity. So im good since im just waiting for me to lose a 50/50 at this point with my HSR luck. I do want Alhaitham but want Furina more. so i will probably be skipping him unless i get super lucky
Then you get a big batch of luck too for tomorrow so you get him early and have enough wishes left for Alhaitham and Furina! :D

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
In an ideal world I'd love to have Baizhu at C2 (maybe one day I'll go for his cons)

Thanks! Yeah, I am also not a big fan of the dual-colours. It just did not really fit any character perfectly. The concert glider has a much nicer fit for many blue themed characters.
The Liyue glider is awesome though, I love that one! :)

I think the Fontaine glider fits Furina and Neuv perfectly. Something about the lower two wings on the concert glider just makes it look way too busy for me. Like, if you gliding with Neuv he has 8 wing/things flapping

Fontaine glider >

I didn't realize you were a fellow victim of the C6 Qiqi curse... you have my sympathies on this matter.

I'm always wishing they'd add more characters to standard to help me avoid the inevitable C7 trauma, but lately I've been wishing they'd just let us remove at least one character that's already maxed out.

Thanks Orion. We need a support group for Qiqi victims. The changes you suggest make way too much sense for them to do, which means they won't.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
I do have Genshin on my iPad Pro 2020 but... performance wise it is okay (usual lower down the quality for consistent 60fps). I last played on it last year and touch screen controls is tough for me since I think you cannot move the touch icons? I did also tried with the Dual Shock 4 controller from my housemate but I don't feel like carrying an extra controller with me. Also I'm just bad with controllers as I started Genshin on PC with mouse keyboard.

Maybe if you get the M1 chip model or newer, Genshin might runs better as the 2020 model is the last model before the M1 chip.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I think the M chips are really good aren't they, from what I've seen they do have good performance. I was looking at the 2022 pro that has an M2 chip, weirdly here in the UK though it's more expensive than the new one!

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally did Father's quest. Thought it was pretty good overall. A lot of it felt like a retread of her trailer though so none of it really came as much of a surprise like it could have.
That Father Arle boss outfit...🔥 I may have been forced to pull if she looked that badass all the time. Loved the scene of her Hearth kids and Traveler trying their best to come for her and her swatting them down effortlessly lol. "Sorry for what? This pitiful excuse for an attack?" xD

Didn't expect it to involve Ghost Clervie. I thought for sure she was just another trailer-exclusive backstory character. It's kinda weird how they spoiled their own quest's plot in a pre-release trailer like that, I mean why didn't they just put that animation in the game instead of that less impressive slideshow version of it... but the quest did give more details like Clervie being Crucabena's biological daughter so I'm glad they put that backstory in the game. Clervie deserved better. ;_;

Thought it was also a bit weird that in-game they say there was a year gap between Arle killing Clervie and Crucabena, when the trailer very much made it look like both happened in the same night...

Arle has certainly been much more... tame... than I expected for a ruthless assassin squad leader. Felt like they were trying to have their cake and eat it too again, which I pretty much expect from most of the Fatui by now, but as she said herself, she's still "killing" a part of those who leave the Hearth by taking their memories, and I'm sure her list of murders is quite long... so I suppose they didn't go too far down "redemption" road...

And lmao at Tartarsauce crawling back to wheeze at us for a couple minutes before getting sent back to Snezhnaya again for Project Stuzha.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Boss Father gave me two mats today, but thanks to the solvents I had enough to get her to 10/8/6.

The Narwhal gave me one more solvent, so next week I should be able to get her skill to lv9.

Billets doesn't exist tho.

Was doing some resource and chest hunting in Inazuma and just realized there was a whole hidden objective I never completed.

18f6f98e08e51-screenshotUrl.jpg
Thanks to your post I went there to check... And albeit I had already done that puzzle, in the process of reaching the place I ended up tripping over a fucking remarkable chest hidden in a really random corner.

I would NEVER find that thing if it wasn't for this. So, thanks lol.

I can't with this game³.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What are those little...I don't even know what to call them...creatures that are with Arle in the boss arena before the fight and then afterwards around the arena?

Finally did Father's quest. Thought it was pretty good overall. A lot of it felt like a retread of her trailer though so none of it really came as much of a surprise like it could have.

Loved the scene of her Hearth kids and Traveler trying their best to come for her and her swatting them down effortlessly lol. "Sorry for what? This pitiful excuse for an attack?" xD

Loved that part. It was so Freminet to apologize while attacking, and then that ice cold reply from Father, lol.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No Garcia and nothing good from the domain today time to strongbox
0iT37uT.jpg

C'mon at least give me a crit on that ER piece

But I did get this
GkZCIVs.jpg

Maybe it will turn out good, just got to be 40+ CV.

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
Only 100k more TCG coins and I'll have all the dynamic skins
Of course more cards come out each patch so I won't have all the dynamic skins until like 5.2

TP17

Nov 1, 2017
After getting caught up on all main story quests ready for Fontaine back in August last year to play the content as it released (which would be a first) I promptly then dropped off the game again!

Arlecchino was the character I most wanted from the initial trailers and after watching the animated short and realising she was out has bought me back.

I pulled on the weapon banner for the first time, I got her weapon... but it cost everything! At least I went from 1 5* weapon on my account to 4 I guess... :D

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
After getting caught up on all main story quests ready for Fontaine back in August last year to play the content as it released (which would be a first) I promptly then dropped off the game again!

Arlecchino was the character I most wanted from the initial trailers and after watching the animated short and realising she was out has bought me back.

I pulled on the weapon banner for the first time, I got her weapon... but it cost everything! At least I went from 1 5* weapon on my account to 4 I guess... :D
Welcome back to Genshin! :D

I am hoping you got Arle before you pulled for the weapon? Sorry to hear your weapon banner luck was bad. @.@

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Boss Father gave me two mats today, but thanks to the solvents I had enough to get her to 10/8/6.

The Narwhal gave me one more solvent, so next week I should be able to get her skill to lv9.

Billets doesn't exist tho.

Thanks to your post I went there to check... And albeit I had already done that puzzle, in the process of reaching the place I ended up tripping over a fucking remarkable chest hidden in a really random corner.

I would NEVER find that thing if it wasn't for this. So, thanks lol.

I can't with this game³.

It really be like that lol

TP17

Nov 1, 2017
Welcome back to Genshin! :D

I am hoping you got Arle before you pulled for the weapon? Sorry to hear your weapon banner luck was bad. @.@

Thanks!

Haha yeah I did, although I lost the 50-50 it was very early and given my luck has always been good at the character 50-50s I guess it was inevitable for the weapon to go wrong :D

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks!

Haha yeah I did, although I lost the 50-50 it was very early and given my luck has always been good at the character 50-50s I guess it was inevitable for the weapon to go wrong :D
Phew, I feel relieved you at least got her and her weapon in the end! Hope you have tons of fun with them! :) You have so much amazing content to enjoy now with one of the stronger characters in the game!

As for my own progress for the day, Klee's talents are now 8/8/8 and I am levelling a double crit MH attack sands for her, should be a nice upgrade once it is +20. :D

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
At this point I'm convinced artifact distribution is not the same for all sets. I've been getting tons of EM pieces from various random sets as I strongbox them, but somehow getting even one FoPL to drop from City of Gold looks like an insanely rare achievement. I don't remember having this much trouble even with VV.

I can't seem to spend a day's worth of resin in that domain without getting at least one DPC EM piece, which is borderline hilarious, if not in a devilish way.

Fortunately I'm going there just to get some quick fodder for Kaveh's pieces, my Kuki can manage with some rainbow artifacts for now. If I was seriously farming, I'd be extremely pissed off already.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
At this point I'm convinced artifact distribution is not the same for all sets. I've been getting tons of EM pieces from various random sets as I strongbox them, but somehow getting even one FoPL to drop from City of Gold looks like an insanely rare achievement. I don't remember having this much trouble even with VV.

I can't seem to spend a day's worth of resin in that domain without getting at least one DPC EM piece, which is borderline hilarious, if not in a devilish way.

Fortunately I'm going there just to get some quick fodder for Kaveh's pieces, my Kuki can manage with some rainbow artifacts for now. If I was seriously farming, I'd be extremely pissed off already.
I'd be a little surprised if that's the case, but that data is probably documented somewhere. Much like how HP and DEF stats are heavily weighted, I suspect you could find out if artifact sets have set-specific weighting.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I'd be a little surprised if that's the case, but that data is probably documented somewhere. Much like how HP and DEF stats are heavily weighted, I suspect you could find out if artifact sets have set-specific weighting.
I wouldn't be surprised.

On-set elemental goblets are another one of those unicorns: to this day, I never once got a Deepwood Dendro goblet. Only have one CWoF Pyro goblet also, and with dogshit substats.

Conversely, the game hands me EM pieces left and right, just not 5* pieces of the FoPL or Gilded sets.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017

Baizhu will tempt me for the duration of the banner the same way arlecchino tempted me throughout hers but I hope I hold strong.

Pretty sure I'm sitting on a guarantee fairly deep into pity from my time prior to leaving the game. Trying to hold that and my reserves for Furina who finally seems to be coming.

320 wishes ready as of right now.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017

Baizhu is a great character, but I'm happy with having him at C0. Constellations for Baizhu wouldn't really help him perform better in any of the teams where I use him, he's already complete for me.

Wanderer is interesting, his playstyle looks unique but seems like he's frustrating to play and requires a lot of investment to achieve comparable results to other DPS characters. He's a skip for me too, but good luck to those of you pulling.

The 4-stars on these banners are decent, I already have all relevant cons for Beidou and I have no need for Faruzan since I have no anemo-DPS characters. Layla is a character I don't know much about. I have an unbuilt C0 Layla and don't really have any teams to use her in. My account has no invested cryo characters and my only 5-star cryo is Qiqi. So with no cryo DPS to build a team around, I don't see much point in investing in my cryo supports like Diona, Layla and Charlotte. Ironically I have a C6 Charlotte but don't see much of a point for her since I have healers who offer so much more to Furina teams.